EB Touch Up

Photoshops, CGI, Photography.... Show it off here

EB Touch Up

Postby Sick EB » August 20th, 2007, 5:11 pm

hi everyone i am going to enter the following two pictures in to the street machiene- 'readers cars' section to see if i can get it in the mag. Like ORSMEB.

i just wanted to see if anything can be done to the pictures to make it look the best it can.

obviously i dont want anyone to chop the rims or colour code the door moulds ect. i just wanted any touch-ups to the picture itself.

thanks in advance...
matt

pic's
-
SICK EB
93 EB2 Gli, L7- Pecock Green,Gas Convertion (Duel Fuel), Sound System- All Speakers upgraded, Full custom boot install. Sub ect, Tinted Windows, Aftermarket Steering Wheel, Volt Gauge, Tinted Tail Lights 18X8 Koya Octane's- Chrome, Custom Lowering Height, Blue Footwell Neons. IN THE BUILD- http://www.eafalcon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=502
Sick EB
Idling

Has Liked: 0 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Re: EB Touch Up

Postby Schmee » August 20th, 2007, 8:43 pm

Same pic from the front with more angle to show the rims off, for the rear pic should have had the lock lh down yet again show the rims

If your going to leave the pics as they are crop the asphalt out to show the car more

just my opinion

other than that great pics nice focus and looked like a good day for it

Kev
Schmee
Spooling Up

Postby SnyperEB » August 20th, 2007, 10:38 pm

~Car looks mad man just try more angles! Like climb a tree and take one high up different stuff like that!
[EBGLT]
SnyperEB
Shooting Flames

Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 105 times

Postby [D1SCNT] » August 21st, 2007, 12:49 am

chop some coils for the photto shoot;).
[D1SCNT]

Postby Sick EB » August 21st, 2007, 1:51 pm

thanks for your advice everyone. unfortunatly were i took those photos is 2 hours away from where i live and i had to a bit of scraping to get it in that spot. so actually taking more pics would not be for a while.
ill see what i can do.

im wraped that everyone likes my car (and my rims).

thanks again.
matt
SICK EB
93 EB2 Gli, L7- Pecock Green,Gas Convertion (Duel Fuel), Sound System- All Speakers upgraded, Full custom boot install. Sub ect, Tinted Windows, Aftermarket Steering Wheel, Volt Gauge, Tinted Tail Lights 18X8 Koya Octane's- Chrome, Custom Lowering Height, Blue Footwell Neons. IN THE BUILD- http://www.eafalcon.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=502
Sick EB
Idling

Postby Ef_frmnt » August 22nd, 2007, 7:50 pm

put the aerial down. and take the pic from the side that the wheels are showing on from the back. take the tow tongue off.
XD Falcon 427ci - long term drag (in-and-out-of-shed) car project
1992 Ford Courier LS1, big cam, big stall, big nitrous, and soon to be packing a big turbo..
PX MKii Wildtrak 20" Monster wheels with 33x10 tyres, Fox Shocks, custom stereo install, ARB Summit rear bar
Ef_frmnt
Full Boost

Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 257 times

Postby TICKFORD_XR6 » August 23rd, 2007, 3:54 pm

Ef_frmnt wrote:put the aerial down. and take the pic from the side that the wheels are showing on from the back. take the tow tongue off.

perfect!
'93 EB XR6 ----- '98 NL FBT
TICKFORD_XR6
Cruising

Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 0 time

Postby get_an_ea_today » August 23rd, 2007, 4:36 pm

no way tow ball/ tongue ftw haha
'07 BF Fairlane Ghia - ZF 6 Speed Auto, Silhouette, Black Leather Interior

Mods - Plazmaman CAI, Octane Tint, Plazmaman Billet Oil Cap, K&N 3" Pod Filter, 20" Koya Rex Rims

Audio - Kenwood KDC-U6049 Headunit, 6" KS6.2 Kicker 75wrms Components, 6" KS60 Kicker 65wrms, 2 x 12" CompVR Kicker Subwoofers 800wrms, Option Audio OAK75 4 way 75wrms Amp, Option Audio OAX2000 Monoblock 2000wrms Amp
get_an_ea_today
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 139 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Postby SNR » August 24th, 2007, 10:07 am

if you have photoshop you can try a little trick;

duplicate the image in greyscale
put it above the original (in a layer)
set mode to darken or similar
then add a reveal all layer mask
and using an airbrush with say 50% opacity, slowly hide that layer where the car is, so all around the car sort of fades to a darker colour...

easy enough to do; harder to explain :S

theres one example I did

and another:
Straights are for fast cars... Turns are for fast drivers

http://www.flickr.com/photos/silencer_rh - View My Photos on Flickr.com
http://www.boostedfalcon.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7390 - My EBII Fairmont Sickmachine.
http://www.e21build.com - My BMW E21/Ford 4.0 I6 Drift/Rally Project Car
SNR
Full Boost

Has Liked: 174 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Postby The Goodz » August 27th, 2007, 9:50 pm

I really hate it when people sit their camera's on the ground when taking photos of cars, it is one of the worst possible angles. If you wanna shoot down low, avoid going much lower than headlight level. You can hardly see any of the car otherwise and it doesn't compliment it at all. And who wants to see all that asphalt/pebbles/gravel/insects/weeds/homeless people/etc. Try to fill the frame with the car, unless the surroundings or background look fantastic and are a part of the overall composition where you would make the car less prominent.

"Another useful photo tip, from your friendly local Automotive Photographer!"

Alex
The Goodz
Idling

Been Liked: 0 time

Postby Damo » August 27th, 2007, 10:48 pm

here's one i did quickly for ya...

Damo
Full Boost

Been Liked: 3 times

Postby get_an_ea_today » August 28th, 2007, 8:51 am

ms paint ftw haha
'07 BF Fairlane Ghia - ZF 6 Speed Auto, Silhouette, Black Leather Interior

Mods - Plazmaman CAI, Octane Tint, Plazmaman Billet Oil Cap, K&N 3" Pod Filter, 20" Koya Rex Rims

Audio - Kenwood KDC-U6049 Headunit, 6" KS6.2 Kicker 75wrms Components, 6" KS60 Kicker 65wrms, 2 x 12" CompVR Kicker Subwoofers 800wrms, Option Audio OAK75 4 way 75wrms Amp, Option Audio OAX2000 Monoblock 2000wrms Amp
get_an_ea_today
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 139 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Postby Sick EB » August 29th, 2007, 7:40 pm

thanks alex for the advice. ill avoid the really low shot in future. and damo thanks for the massive cooler + 'smoking it up' photo lmao. hopefully one day get the car with that cooler for real. ;)
SICK EB
Sick EB
Idling

Return to Art Work