READ THIS BEFORE CREATING NEW THREADS

This is a general discussion forum, open to all participants

READ THIS BEFORE CREATING NEW THREADS

Postby needfordspeed » February 7th, 2010, 9:29 pm

OK lately i've been noticing the same types of threads popping up, obviously due to people not doing searches. The internet is a great tool to find information about almost anything, most of the questions you have will have already been answered either on these forums or others. I don't usually make many threads because I always find my answers through searching, and now i'm going to give some of you some tips on how to find what you need.

There are forums for pretty much anything car related on the net, whenever I see threads where people ask questions like "im getting "insert mod here" how much power will I gain?" All you need to do is DO A SEARCH and look for other members with similar mods (there's thousands of members on this forums alone, so you WILL find someone with similar mods) just look at their setups and your question will be answered.

And for those stupid "ED auto vs VS manual, who will win?" again *newsflash* no-one cares, so instead of making a thread, search the commodore forums, see what sort of times these cars run, and compare it to someone who has raced their car with similar mods.

General turbo related questions have been answered on these forums many times now or just use a normal search engine such as yahoo or google.

If you do a search and too many un-related threads come up, refine the search, most forums have different sections for different threads, so all you have to do is just search in that particular forum and more relevant threads will appear in your search.

From now on I will be deleting any threads without notice if I know it's easy to find the answer by doing a simple search. "CBF searching" isn't a good enough excuse, it's not hard to do.....and after trying all this if you still can't find the answer, make a thread ;-)

PS I'll add more tips to this thread in the future, if anyone else has any tips just post them up and i'll add them to this thread.
1988 EA S-Pack - 10.6@125MPH New build underway
needfordspeed

Has Liked: 110 times
Been Liked: 417 times

1988 Ford S Pack

Re: READ THIS BEFORE CREATING NEW THREADS

Postby Phillis » February 7th, 2010, 9:33 pm

im fighting gay threads by using the threadbombing approach. seems to work.
'94 EF XR6 Wagon- Build Thread here

pHaT`eL wrote:Editing posts never really gets old :)

I have a tiny tiny penis.
Phillis
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Postby LTDHO » February 8th, 2010, 6:17 am

General turbo related questions goto calaisturbo.com.au or fordxr6turbo.com or just use a normal search engine such as yahoo or google

I thought this forums wa 'boostedfalcon.net' and boosted being in relation to turbos?
Going of the rails on a crazy train
LTDHO
Full Boost

Has Liked: 20 times
Been Liked: 36 times

Postby Malakai » February 8th, 2010, 7:41 am

I think what he is saying is if you have a serious turbo charging related question then look at a real site about the topic. This is site is for cheap cnts that want to make J pipes and gas turbo setups for under $1000. Sure they dose but get smoked by NA b-series.

I would actually go one step further and say buy a book about the topic. I can't imagine many people around here reading a book though.
FG G6E Turbo MkII - Nizpro Stage 3 - 364 rwkW - 11.63 sec @ 118 mp/h | I like the dark, I love the dark, but I hate nature. Image
Malakai
Double Clutching

Has Liked: 0 time
Been Liked: 32 times

Postby misk » February 8th, 2010, 7:46 am

thats a bit harsh mate :(
there is still alot of knowledge on this site.
if you post a thread on calais turbo asking about a turbo on a falcon, no one will have a clue. i've been a member there for 4 odd years, why do you think i joined this forum?
XG Panelvan
EF bottom end with ported EB head, valve springs, EL ECU & J3 chip, crane HI6 CDI & MSD coil, LC-1 wideband & SSI-4 logger

soon - .595" lift cam, GT4202, forged AU engine and built head, ems stinger 4424 ecu, powerglide with 5500 high stall etc - next, bellhousing

XH ute daily - DOHC BA XR6 engine, T5, AU3 ECU with TI J3 chip, ported BBM, 3" stainless intake - 12" sub, tub liner and hard lid - mass skids and epic tyre carrying capabilities :)
misk
Melting Pistons

Has Liked: 298 times
Been Liked: 295 times

Postby needfordspeed » February 8th, 2010, 9:58 am

I wasn't talking about asking them how to turbo a falcon obviously, I mean questions about turbo's.....like "how does a wastegate work?"
1988 EA S-Pack - 10.6@125MPH New build underway
needfordspeed

Has Liked: 110 times
Been Liked: 417 times

1988 Ford S Pack

Postby Steady » February 8th, 2010, 11:04 am : NUT347 Likes this post

Malakai wrote:I think what he is saying is if you have a serious turbo charging related question then look at a real site about the topic. This is site is for cheap cnts that want to make J pipes and gas turbo setups for under $1000. Sure they dose but get smoked by NA b-series.

I would actually go one step further and say buy a book about the topic. I can't imagine many people around here reading a book though.

aren't you the guy with the dodgy dyno sheet?
Steady
Breaking Intake Welds

Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 10 times

1993 Ford XR8 Sprint

Postby Malakai » February 8th, 2010, 12:20 pm

Yeah apparently but I got an updated one now.
FG G6E Turbo MkII - Nizpro Stage 3 - 364 rwkW - 11.63 sec @ 118 mp/h | I like the dark, I love the dark, but I hate nature. Image
Malakai
Double Clutching

Been Liked: 32 times

Postby Rollin » February 8th, 2010, 7:45 pm

PMSL!

Look at your car. Now back to mine. Now back to yours. Now back to mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine. But if you stopped buying dodgy cars and bought an ED, yours could be like mine. Look down. Back up. Where are you? ...You're on BoostedFalcon, reading the signature your signature could be like! Anything is possible when your car looks like my car... I'm on a computer.
Rollin
Melting Pistons

Location: Brisbane - Driving around in a metal and glass case of emotion!
Has Liked: 327 times
Been Liked: 751 times

1994 Ford Falcon

Postby NUT347 » February 8th, 2010, 7:49 pm

FKN LOL STEADY!!!
NUT347
Melting Pistons

Has Liked: 911 times
Been Liked: 1254 times

Postby suzie » April 30th, 2010, 6:36 pm

how do you delete threads??
suzie
Idling

Been Liked: 2 times

Postby Dansedgli » April 30th, 2010, 6:37 pm

They cant be deleted. Why do you want to delete one?
Dansedgli
Melting Pistons

Has Liked: 75 times
Been Liked: 542 times

2001 Ford Falcon Ute

Postby suzie » April 30th, 2010, 6:53 pm

because im new and i didnt realise how the site worked until now so i was just posting questions not knowing that they stay there im really sorry.
suzie
Idling

Been Liked: 2 times

Postby monsterford » April 30th, 2010, 7:40 pm

i think you can ask to have a thread locked if you sell something but otherwise i dunno
correct me if im wrong though
monsterford
Idling

Been Liked: 0 time

Return to General Discussion