E-series to AU upper arm adaptor group buy!

This is a general discussion forum, open to all participants

E-series to AU upper arm adaptor group buy!

Postby Rollin » September 10th, 2013, 8:12 pm

Sorry for doubling this up guys, but I need a thread I can link to from FB so that people who aren't members can see what I'm going on about, as I've been practically spamming every E-series owners group to try and get some numbers up.

For those of you who have followed this link from facebook, I've got a bit of a summary of what I'm talking about below.

I've come up with an adaptor which will allow fitment of AU upper control arms to E-series stub axles, and trialed it on Gloria (my and *Shufflin*s Turbo EB) for a little while now - seems to be working beautifully.

The purpose of fitting AU upper control arms to your E-series is to gain castor. More caster is good for several reasons. Because caster gives dynamic camber, or 'camber gain' (when you turn the steering wheel you get more camber than you have at straight ahead) You can either choose to run less (or zero) static camber to try and reduce uneven tyre wear while retaining current cornering abilities, or run your current static camber for much much more dynamic camber on turns, giving more grip.

You also get better straight line stability (the car should feel more relaxed on the freeway) so even if you don't thrash your car it should 'feel' better to drive.

More caster is also great for drifting, as it gives the outside front wheel a better contact patch on the road. More contact = more grip, and the extra self centering effect that caster gives makes the car easier to control.

It also seems that AUs already have quite long bolts that go through the chassis so you shouldn't need a camber kit for the AU arms, whether you want to run spastic camber and caster or near stock levels.

Standard caster:

Standard camber gain on full lock:

AU upper arm caster:

AU upper arm camber gain:

Pic of what you're getting:

Pricing gets you 2 adaptors (ie, enough to do one car). You only get the adaptors, you have to source AU upper arms (cheap from the wreckers!) and fit them yourself.

Pricing as follows:

10 sets (ie, enough adaptors for 10 cars) = $100/set -This includes postage! or ($91 if you pick up in Brisbane)

25 sets = $80/set plus $9 postage (no postage for pick up in Brisbane)

50 sets = $70/set plus $9 postage (no postage for pick up in Brisbane)

Old threads regarding these adaptors can be found here:

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=26466

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=569&start=2000

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26367

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26125

And the current group buy is here:

viewtopic.php?f=19&p=509600#p509600

I already have 6 people who want a set, hopefully we can get even 10, because the price for individual sets is quite a lot. I'd like to close the group buy on the 31st of September, so get in on it!

If you're interested, PM me on this forum or on facebook :)

Look at your car. Now back to mine. Now back to yours. Now back to mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine. But if you stopped buying dodgy cars and bought an ED, yours could be like mine. Look down. Back up. Where are you? ...You're on BoostedFalcon, reading the signature your signature could be like! Anything is possible when your car looks like my car... I'm on a computer.
Rollin
Melting Pistons

Location: Brisbane - Driving around in a metal and glass case of emotion!
Has Liked: 327 times
Been Liked: 751 times

1994 Ford Falcon

Re: E-series to AU upper arm adaptor group buy!

Postby pHaT`eL » September 10th, 2013, 8:31 pm

Posted on Boosted FB page :)
[XGZ-566] 2009 BF3 XT EGAS WAGON
| 19x9 & 19X10 WORK EUROLINE'S | LOWERED |

[MR-PGR] 1980 XD FAIRMONT WAGON
| EFI WINDSOR | 14X8 & 14X10 12 SLOTTER'S | VENETIANS |

PREVIOUS RIDES: [WANTD-6] 2002 AU3 EGAS FORTE WAGON | [POPS4L] 1995 EF GLi WAGON | [EBW-302] 1991 EB GL WAGON V8 | [PHATEL] 1998 EL FAIRMONT TURBO

phat GUARD ROLLING | 0429 093 302 | facebook
pHaT`eL

Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 242 times

1991 Ford Falcon

Postby Fu7ura » September 10th, 2013, 9:28 pm

So the addition of extra caster will make my car more stable in a straight line, yes?
If so do you think it could stop this mysterious wobble I get at 100km upwards if i don't balance my wheel perfectly (talking about .5g out max) and align my lock nut opposite to my valve...
car has always done this, annoys the sh!t out of me.
Fu7ura
Idling

Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 0 time

1997 Ford EL Futura Sapphire

Postby Rollin » September 11th, 2013, 8:26 pm

Hmm... I'm not sure it would fix that problem, that's pretty unique....

Are all the bushes and ball joints in good nick? Have you checked the rims for straightness, no buckles etc? Do you have spacers (slip on or bolt on)?

Look at your car. Now back to mine. Now back to yours. Now back to mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine. But if you stopped buying dodgy cars and bought an ED, yours could be like mine. Look down. Back up. Where are you? ...You're on BoostedFalcon, reading the signature your signature could be like! Anything is possible when your car looks like my car... I'm on a computer.
Rollin
Melting Pistons

1994 Ford Falcon

Postby Rollin » October 1st, 2013, 7:38 am

Group Buy Closes 15th October

Anyone who still wants to sneak in will need to transfer $100 and send me their address BEFORE 15th October.

Anyone who has sent a deposit and fails to ensure the remainder is transferred BY 15th October will lose their deposit!

I will be ordering these ON 15th October so if all goes to plan the people who have paid and sent their address should be in possession of the adaptors before the end of the month.

Rollin
Melting Pistons

1994 Ford Falcon

Postby robbie3276 » October 2nd, 2013, 7:26 pm

what is the brake upgrade you used in the pictures ? and this adaptor kit i take it they are pressedinto the top arm ?
robbie3276
Cranking Over

Has Liked: 0 time
Been Liked: 0 time

Postby Rollin » October 2nd, 2013, 10:11 pm

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=26367

Fitting instructions are in the above link (which is also in the top post).

I can never remember which brake upgrade it is, OED666 will know, or if you look though the billion pages of Glorias build thread (also one of the links in the first post) there should be mention of it there.

Rollin
Melting Pistons

1994 Ford Falcon

Postby galapogos01 » August 26th, 2015, 8:10 am : Rollin Likes this post

Now for sale through T.I. Performance at http://www.tiperformance.com.au/shop/au ... -adaptors/

Cheers,
Jason
galapogos01
Hitting N2O

Has Liked: 302 times
Been Liked: 89 times

1995 Ford Fairmont

Return to General Discussion