ba into ef falcon conversions

This is a general discussion forum, open to all participants

ba into ef falcon conversions

Postby blue oval » June 28th, 2015, 9:41 pm

has anyone on this page done a ba into ef falcon conversion i am going to attempt it soon and want to know what is involved and what e series and au series parts i can use on my ba falcon motor i just bought a ef fairmont shell as a mock up car to test fit everything and get it running before i put it into my ef i want to use my t5 5 speed in it so need to know what belhousing i can use and if i can use my e series fly wheel and clutch setup want to try and keep it as simple as possible going to try and mod a ef el throttle body to fit the injection setup and try and keep all my e series parts i can will try and use e series wiring as well and computer and bcm i know i will have to use ba exhaust as au wont fit power steering bottle is different to ba one i found that out au alternator fits i know that much i know i need to cut the sump to make it fit plus the bonnet clearence but will figure that out when it comes too it just want to get the harder stuff out of the way also spigot bearing ba or au or ef need to know that as well i am going to use au engine mounts if there is anything else i have forgotten please let me know looking forward to hearing from someone who has done the conversion before and knows what parts i need and what is involved in it all
blue oval
Cranking Over

Has Liked: 0 time
Been Liked: 0 time

Re: ba into ef falcon conversions

Postby TUFEF » June 29th, 2015, 11:27 am

Look up (Bbqburner) build thread on his conversion... Lots of info and ideas there .
(TUFEF) 96 Ef Fairmont Ghia, Turbo+ Screamer pipe= Daily Fun
TUFEF
Idling

Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Re: ba into ef falcon conversions

Postby EFFalcon » June 29th, 2015, 12:31 pm

for using the EF Computer, keep an eye on this thread
http://fordforums.com.au/showthread.php ... 946&page=3
EFFalcon
Site Admin
Site Admin