Barra turbo in to xh ute

This is a general discussion forum, open to all participants

Barra turbo in to xh ute

Postby TI5650 » January 1st, 2016, 6:11 pm

Hi All I'm in the planning stages of a barra turbo swap into an XH ute i have seen the posts from other members that have done na barra conversions but they have used an AU ecu and locked off the vct. my question is am i going to be able to use the standard xr6 turbo ecu. ( i will source either a BA or BF barra and corresponding ecu). i understand that there is some programming work with the stock ecu to remove security and similar. engine swaps have been done into many different cars so i know that it is possible i just need some guidance as to where to look to get the ecu to run with the bare minimum or even an aftermarket ecu. i will use a manual transmission in the swap. any help and guidance is appreciated.
TI5650
Cranking Over

Has Liked: 0 time
Been Liked: 0 time

Re: Barra turbo in to xh ute

Postby needfordspeed » January 1st, 2016, 11:52 pm

I can remove the security from the pcm for you, it's a straight forward process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1988 EA S-Pack - 10.6@125MPH New build underway
needfordspeed

Has Liked: 110 times
Been Liked: 417 times

1988 Ford S Pack

Postby TI5650 » January 2nd, 2016, 12:12 am

Is the removal of the security all that is necessary?. i would have assumed that the ecu would have a meltdown if it does not detect the bcm and everything else not related to making the motor run. if the security is my only issue then that is going to make things very easy.
TI5650
Cranking Over

Has Liked: 0 time
Been Liked: 0 time

Postby WILLEBII » January 8th, 2016, 9:32 am

Yep thats it. A simple flash and she'll run providing its all wired up correctly

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
WILLEBII
Cruising

Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Return to General Discussion