Ba xr6t blow by?

This is a general discussion forum, open to all participants

Ba xr6t blow by?

Postby Imnl » January 26th, 2017, 4:29 pm

Hi all new to the forums and to turbos.
I have a 2004 BA xr6t, have recently had 1000cc injectors fuel pump and fuel regulator (decat) installed with 10psi tune. The tuner reckoned it has excessive blow by and was pooling oil in the intake manifold (no actual leaks though) so i installed a catch can running from the breather into the catch can and back to the intake leading to the turbo. Checked the catch can after a month or so of running and it is bone dry, not even a sign of oil. do i need to plum it to the pcv system instead?

The tuner also had a hard time isolating a miss under load ended up replacing coils, he said while it is better the tune is still inconsistent.
Before and after the tune it has the same miss at idle but only when in closed loop and after driving it for a bit so i am wondering if it is related, oil in the throttle body and MAF sensor?
Imnl
Cranking Over

Has Liked: 0 time
Been Liked: 0 time

Re: Ba xr6t blow by?

Postby EmiliaJames » March 22nd, 2023, 9:57 pm

Hi, I proofread a book draft for a book writer a few years and the book was based on a feul guide for the tuner and this seem like a problem that I think that guide can help you with. I think the book is already published, if you want I can provide you with the book name, though it is confidential but I think now that the book is published and you can benefit from the content I should really help. To be honest many of the times the content I read as one of the best UK book editors really come in handy for me.
EmiliaJames
Cranking Over

Has Liked: 0 time
Been Liked: 0 time

Re: Ba xr6t blow by?

Postby Fingers » March 23rd, 2023, 8:09 pm

Sorry, can't help with your questions.

The forum is pretty much dead, however there is some great info in past threads.

Good luck
Richard
Fingers
Idling

Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Return to General Discussion