Barra turbo in a NL fairlane

This is a general discussion forum, open to all participants

Barra turbo in a NL fairlane

Postby Trendybaton » October 3rd, 2018, 11:24 pm : get_an_ea_today Likes this post

Hi im a new member also my first post, im a panel beater by trade and a ford enthusiast. I just bought a 04 falcon xr6t with a good running gear but damaged body to the rear end, and traded the shell for a ford fairlane nl. I think that was a good deal all together.. so now im having plans on taking the running gear out of the xr6t to put it straight into the fairlane. Im inthe process of getting the NL registered again (vicroads) as it is.. once its registered ill start the conversion.

****Hiccups along the way****
In the mean time ill be taking the motor out (xr6t) and having the engine re wired, i was hoping someone out there would know anyone or thats done it themselves on a wireloom conversion.

I know barra motors are being put in virtually anything with wheels, iv seen them put in boats on that matter. So i know i shouldnt have no dramas putting in the fairlane, but if anyone out there thats done it, what is to be expected. Wheather i may need to change the mounts or the size factor of the motor.
Also would i be needing a engineer cert for this build? Keep in mind the nl motor is a v8 and will be converting to Xr6t

Trendybaton
Cranking Over

Has Liked: 0 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Return to General Discussion