Hi from Justlikemusic aka Nathan

Introduce yourself and your ride.

Hi from Justlikemusic aka Nathan

Postby justlikemusic » September 12th, 2009, 10:49 pm

Hello, I have spent days reading these forums now and decided to finally sign up. I swear the amount of stupid posts I have read of people not using the search function has driven me and my time nuts! I won't be this stupid =)

I just picked up a '91 Fairmont headgasketblower and want to do a few things to it... my daily driver is an E39 BMW which has M52B25 DOHC 2.5L BMW goodness, but really it's very expensive on parts, and hard to find them and just not designed to go fast. I have modded it with a 3" intake, catch can and a nice ICE install.

The EB got a bit of money spent on it on Friday.

I installed new DBA rotors, Ferodo Zero pads, overhauled the calipers with new PBR kits and replaced the tie rod ends. The steering boots are ok and just replaced the clamps on them. The underneath of the car is a bit of a mess, due to a leaking power steering hose which I have now replaced, and that seems to be keeping fluid in there (have only idled it for 10 minutes after that, but reservoir is staying full! - was empty when I bought it, got it towed home.)

I flushed the radiator out and that had a bit of rusty crap in it... got some nice Nulon coolant to go in there. I have 10L of fluid for the box, and some Nulon Oil for the motor. Also got timing seal kit which seems to be leaking, and sump gasket and gearbox sump gasket. Looks like I'm going to have fun with the sump gasket, so I might not even bother because im going to boost it asap. Going to make a thread now =) I'll report back here when the laptop SD card reader decides to work, or Monday arvo after I've visited the Sony shop to get another usb cable for my camera. I took heaps of photos and will take lottssss more.
2001 AUII XR8 Ute "200kW" - Slightly worked so far
Trickflow Track Heat Intake, Rocker Covers, Scorpion 1.72RR's, Crane Beehives, Cat Back Exhaust
Tuning next then blower
justlikemusic
Cruising

Has Liked: 0 time
Been Liked: 0 time

Return to Introduction