Hey Y'all

Introduce yourself and your ride.

Hey Y'all

Postby StockieXR6T » May 1st, 2012, 9:56 pm

Hi, I'm Joel.
Current daily is an BF Auto XR6T with Process West cooler, Injectors, high flow cat, 11.8 psi actuator and Walbro pump. I do my own tuning as thats what I do, it makes a lazy 313 rwkW on 14 psi.
I've aways been into tuning an have owned more cars than most could imagine; these include a Mid wheelbase Ford Maverick ute with LS1, TO4ZR and 4L80E auto. I built it in the garage from a wagon. I've Multiple Holden a, VK 304 solid cammed duel fuel EFI with Gasresearch, 331 HG wagon Holley carbied LX Torana and Fords including an NC V8 Fairlane. In the last 10 yeras there have also been 4x4's, Straight Gasresearch Turbo short wheelbase Patrol, Custom TD42 Turbo 30 psi 200rwkW in a GU Patrol and some old 2 Dodge Pheonixes with Big Blocks, 3 Valiants (one big block two small block) and others.
I have drag raced, raced 4x4's and done a little circuit racing(keen to do more). I have been operating chassis dynos for over 15 years since starting with Gasreseach Australia in 1995 before buying the workshop with a partner and starting Gasresearch Perfomance Centre where in addition to LPG I was a Haltech dealer fitting and tuning Haltech and ohter EFI systems. The business was sold due to personal reasons (mainly kids and time) but carries on today as Swift Automotive. I spent some time with G&D and with DTS or MTQ (turbo sales) before spending 4 years down the Mornington Peninula running a Dyno.

Over the years I have accumulated masses of software, I was an early adopter of SCT (since the early CAPA days), have used EFi Live and HP tuners for many years as well as Binary editor, Tunerpro RT, EEC editor, Motec, Wolf, Haltech, Nistune, ECU Flash and more using chips like Ti Performance and Holden Memcal re programming.

Now I am back in my own business combined with Ben who is an excellent fabricator we do all forms of fabrication and tuning. Recently we took over Blak Mamba Racing components who make high end mufflers and exhaust systems. Since taking over we have supplied 888, Stone Bros., Walkinshaw and a number of other race teams in Supercar, formula Ford, formula V and alike. These stainless steel mufflers offer no reduction in HP on the Dyno as we were advised by both Ken McNamra and Russel Higgins who build some of the top supercar engines.

So thats me, doing cool stuff and having fun doing it.
Black Mamba Racing
4B Fabrications
1/12 Industry Blvd.
Carrum Downs
StockieXR6T
Cranking Over

Has Liked: 0 time
Been Liked: 0 time

Return to Introduction