XR6 1999 VCT

Introduce yourself and your ride.

XR6 1999 VCT

Postby mikeeman_EXR699 » July 8th, 2012, 8:34 pm

Hi All,

I have owned my falcon for about 9 years, havent really taken that much care of it in the recent years. Mainly i had the shits with the fuel economy, and this was a "run into the ground car"

However about 2 months ago i was told by a mechanic that the Auto box is on the way out. I dont have the cash to buy a newer car, and i may be buying someone elses problem. So i decided i will repain this car, and with that in mind i will spend some money and time on it.

Seeing some of the rides on this forum has made me jelous and also inspired me.

I hope that my son (who is nearly one) will take up this love of fords, learn how to repair, fix, modify cars as he grows up and then he can take this car, or we buy one for him. The idea being that he wont be an idiot behind the wheel as he knows about the man hours that are involved.

So here it is -

1999 AUXR6 VCT
Silver - soon to have orange components (caliper, rocker cover) to match the colours of the old GT
Auto box - when repairing/replacing current one, put in a heavy duty one
brakes - will upgrade to AU2, control arms, sway bars, uprights - please let me know if you have some in your shed
motor - will either replace with heavy duty parts, will be putting a turbo on there at some point, either Snort Performance or perhaps a second hand one off a BA/BF
Exhaust - Want to get one of those "bi-modal" ones that you can press the loud pedal
ECU - New one, or a piggyback system i am not sure just yet

There is the idea of buying a written off BA XR6T and doing a complete engine swap, but i will have a closer look into it. could be more trouble than it is worth.

I want to definatley change the actuators - they are the most pathetic thing that ford have ever made. - let me know if you have done something with yours.

Cheers Guys
mikeeman_EXR699
Idling

Has Liked: 0 time
Been Liked: 0 time

Return to Introduction