A reshell of my Pride and Joy

Introduce yourself and your ride.

A reshell of my Pride and Joy

Postby BabyGirl98 » January 5th, 2013, 4:05 pm

Hi, I am new on here and I wanted to share with you my pride and joy. I was the proud owner of a Red Hot Chilli Red 98 EL XR6 with only 190,000 k's when a Hilux owner decided that he liked her rear end more then I did.

When I brought her in June 2011 she was immaculate with only 155,000k's. She was completely stock with a 2 1/2" cat back exhaust that had a 3" hot dog that had a rumble that always brought a smile to my face.

She was part of the XR6 and XR8 club of qld for 12 months and a bit of a show pony.

I kept her stock for the first 12 months as I was determined to keep her in as original condition as possible as there wasnt many XR's around in that good of condition. Then I met my partner and with a bit of determination showed me what she could look like with EF tail lights, no rear wing, chrome handles and a bit more low.

This is a pic of her on super lows all round.

The only other changes i made to her was the XR slimline weather sheilds and I installed a Pioneer system with 2 12" subs.

On the 17th of December I was hit by a Toyota Hilux at 70klms at a set of traffic lights and my beautiful girl was written off. It was the worst day of my life. Unfortnatley the insurance company thought that she was too old to repair. The hilux inflicated $6500+ damage to her. It managed to push the boot up, fold the boot floor, dent the fuel tank, destroy the rear bar, fold the c pillar and push the doors together on the right hand side.

So I decided that if they were going to write her off there was no way I was going to part with her. Instead of her sitting there doing nothing, the idea was thrown at me to reshell her into another car....

Photo's and story to follow. Thanks for reading!
BabyGirl98
Idling

Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: A reshell of my Pride and Joy

Postby Another_ef » January 5th, 2013, 4:21 pm

Sah sekcy..... but so is the new jigga :)
donno wrote:Battery to the boot relocation......

If everything lights up you're done. If it's on fire you probably should have taken it to an auto electrician.

EL XR6 Pacemaker 4499's, 2.5" exhaust, factory manual, sunroof, Peddars coilovers, au upper arms, 30mm swaybar and koni reds with SSL rear springs
Another_ef
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 50 times
Been Liked: 60 times

1995 Ford Piece Of Shit

Postby misk » January 5th, 2013, 5:24 pm : vegabass Likes this post

props for the work done with the tape haha
i've done some quality panel work using duct tape in the past and turned a full busted asshole into a regular smashed ring.

good luck with the re-shell, shame as it was such a nice car. keep your motivation up by remembering the final result.
XG Panelvan
EF bottom end with ported EB head, valve springs, EL ECU & J3 chip, crane HI6 CDI & MSD coil, LC-1 wideband & SSI-4 logger

soon - .595" lift cam, GT4202, forged AU engine and built head, ems stinger 4424 ecu, powerglide with 5500 high stall etc - next, bellhousing

XH ute daily - DOHC BA XR6 engine, T5, AU3 ECU with TI J3 chip, ported BBM, 3" stainless intake - 12" sub, tub liner and hard lid - mass skids and epic tyre carrying capabilities :)
misk
Melting Pistons

Has Liked: 298 times
Been Liked: 295 times

Postby BabyGirl98 » January 5th, 2013, 6:05 pm

misk wrote:props for the work done with the tape haha
i've done some quality panel work using duct tape in the past and turned a full busted asshole into a regular smashed ring.

good luck with the re-shell, shame as it was such a nice car. keep your motivation up by remembering the final result.

Funny that hey... I had to re tape that boot at least 5 times before the re-shell started. Everytime I would re tape it I would have to send it for another quote at a panel beaters!!! I was so particular about the car that the only reason that I didnt just let it be was the fact that I didnt want my boot carpet to get wet incase it rained!!!!!
Plus my partner said that when it was all taped neatly it didnt actually look as bad as it was..
BabyGirl98
Idling

Postby 67rce » January 5th, 2013, 6:54 pm

The reshell is getting there, well, it's almost done. Just needs a few bits and pieces and it's good to go.

Good to see you on here Karlee
Cammed Suzuki Baleno, Haltech PS1000, E85
67rce
Breaking Intake Welds

Has Liked: 170 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Postby BabyGirl98 » January 5th, 2013, 7:09 pm

Tanks Brett... head over to the build section, I decided to continue it on there instead.. I now have pics of the silver car and where i started on it..
BabyGirl98
Idling

Postby superhuS! » January 5th, 2013, 7:36 pm

You should read my build thread if you want feels.

Good to see you're reshelling it. Hopefully the new one is bigger and better!
EL XR6
Koni - Lovell's SSL - Camtech 845 - Headwork - 3.9 LSD - Tickford Kit - Sunroof

1998 XR-Ghia MKII
No XR Ghia and no boost make Hussy something something
superhuS!
Full Boost

Has Liked: 102 times
Been Liked: 312 times

1998 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Postby BabyGirl98 » January 6th, 2013, 5:44 pm

If anyone wants to read the Build thread, its under EL XR Reshell Project.
BabyGirl98
Idling

Return to Introduction