New to Forum ef xr6 turbo build.

Introduce yourself and your ride.

New to Forum ef xr6 turbo build.

Postby Marlin » March 5th, 2013, 9:19 am

Hi all, I have been reading and searching the forum for quite awhile now , gathering up as much information as I can to help me with my project .
I have a ef xr6 that I'm putting a turbo on at the moment.
The bits and pieces are , custom ported and polished head, custom cam, adjustable vernier cam gears,high flow oil pump with oil cooler, custom built T56 Magnum , turbo manifold 3" dump pipe , external waste gate,plum back Bov,custom intake manifold , 700 x 300 x 100 cooler.
Haltech Sport 2000 ecu , 6 LS1 coils ,and lots of other bits and pieces to go along with it.
I enjoy doing most of the work myself , ( I like to learn from my mistakes ) except from the stuff I don't have the ability to do , welding being one.
I have had the car since 98 when I bought it off my brother. It has all the usual other bits , suspension upgrade wheels etc.
What I am hopefull to learn and trying to sort out is the ecu side of things . I want the haltech to run as much as possible .
Anyway that's my project , and if anyone can help me out with the finer details , I would really appreciate any input.
I have been doing lots of searches and reading , and see a lot of you guys have similar set ups.
I'm not much good at typing and spelling , or searching the rite info so if you guys can point me in the rite direction that would be great .
Cheers
Last edited by Marlin on September 9th, 2014, 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Marlin
Cranking Over

Has Liked: 0 time
Been Liked: 0 time

Re: New to Forum ef xr6 turbo build.

Postby Dumpsta » March 5th, 2013, 10:10 am

Step 1: Post pictures. ;-)

Sounds like a decent build, you should find plenty of help and info on here. I cant help with the electrical stuff as Im yet to cross that road myself. :-P
Dumpsta
Full Boost

Has Liked: 28 times
Been Liked: 68 times

1997 Ford EL

Pictures of project and Daily

Postby Marlin » March 5th, 2013, 7:14 pm

ImageImageImageImageImage[img][IMG]http://i1323.photobucket.com/albums/u594/snooks401/P3050118_zps4fb38a9b.jpg[/img]Image
Some pics of my project and Daily.
Marlin
Cranking Over

Postby Marlin » September 9th, 2014, 12:23 am

It's nearly finished , just hydraulic clutch and starter motors...
Marlin
Cranking Over

Postby easjake » September 9th, 2014, 1:09 pm

Looks the goods, what power are you aiming for?
EA S Resprayed, Boot lip, Lowered, ED Ghia interior and Dash, Pacey Comps, Magnaflow Cat, 2.5 inch cat back, BBM and Thermo Fan conversion, Manual conversion with more to come :)
easjake
Idling

Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 5 times

Return to Introduction