Matt's AU Fairmont

Introduce yourself and your ride.

Matt's AU Fairmont

Postby Matte14 » May 13th, 2013, 8:16 pm

Hey guys, Names Matt. I live Near Cranbourne in Victoria.
Originally i had a nice ED fairmont but then unfortunately she passed away ( was T-boned )
I am now Driving an AU1 Fairmont. Its almost stock It has an XR suspension on Lows which i plan to change to SL when i get the money.
Its rolling on AU2 XR8 17" wheels, JVC Headunit and Twin 10" JL audio subs which i will upgrade eventually. The car is pretty clean but it does have a little wear an tear. Major plans are are a T5 Manual conversion, AU2,3 Front and side skirts, New springs, 2.5" exhaust system and because I might not be driving the car for the next 3 years I want to install a turbo, but im a noob when it comes to that.

will get pics up tomorrow

If anyone has any info on T5's or any of the other parts ive said it would be greatly appreciated.

matt
Matte14
Cranking Over

Has Liked: 0 time
Been Liked: 0 time

Re: Matt's AU Fairmont

Postby Stig » May 22nd, 2013, 8:32 pm

Sounds like a nice start :) check the for sale section on the forums, or Ebay. I'm always seeing T5 conversions for about $800 or less
"I'm going to go with my instinct on this one..."
Stig
Idling

Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 1 time

Re: Matt's AU Fairmont

Postby SLY-TX5 » May 24th, 2013, 2:58 pm

Good on u, the AU is a noble car. Lowering an AU is a nightmarish and disapointing endeavor because simply - they do not drop. Actually when I had my AU slammed I ran over my cat by accident and he walked out the other end (not joking).

Other than that, it's an excellent pinnacle of Ford engineering.
DAILY '89 AT Telstar TX5 turbo|white over grey|2.5" exhaust to custom dump pipe|relocated AFM|600x80x400 FMIC|16psi stable|Full adjustable coilovers
SOLD '99 AU FALCON [DEFECTED]
PROJECT '87 VL BERLINA |white over silver, red pinstripe|orginal factory everything|128xxxkms
SLY-TX5
Idling

Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 2 times

Return to Introduction