New Guy from the US

Introduce yourself and your ride.

New Guy from the US

Postby Ethyl Cat » March 1st, 2015, 1:03 am

Hello all,

I have joined this site due to stumbling upon one of these cool 4.0 intech engines here in America at my engine core supplier.

The crazy thing is that it is a BRAND NEW engine in the crate, fully dressed. I have no clue how he got it, but he only wants $300 for it.

I nor anybody I know ( and I am in the engine building/parts business) ever heard of this engine so I am excited to get it and put it in my 1983 Mercury Capri.

I have always been a path less traveled guy, so I think this will fit the bill.

I plan on putting a single turbo on it in search of about 400hp or so, so I am guessing 8-10 psi will get it done.

Anyway, I am excited to start pouring through all of the information I can find about this engine and finding connections for performance parts.

Thanks

Steve
Ethyl Cat
Cranking Over

Has Liked: 0 time
Been Liked: 0 time

Re: New Guy from the US

Postby needfordspeed » March 1st, 2015, 10:56 am

Welcome to the forums mate, should be a interesting project. Got any pictures of the Capri?
1988 EA S-Pack - 10.6@125MPH New build underway
needfordspeed

Has Liked: 110 times
Been Liked: 417 times

1988 Ford S Pack

Postby holmsy » March 1st, 2015, 8:39 pm

welcome.
so funny seeing someone excited to find an engine we all take for granted.
Project: SLOXR8: 1994 EF XR8, mech shift kit, 3500 histall, Lokka, 36lb injectors, AU 185 motor, Cranecam 444225, crane roller rockers, crow valve springs, Pacies, 3" exhaust, hiflo cats. twin 044's, vortech v2,microtech tuned by daltons (290.3rwkw @11psi) at DALTONS
holmsy
Shooting Flames

Has Liked: 182 times
Been Liked: 154 times

1994 Ford XR8

Postby Ethyl Cat » March 1st, 2015, 11:56 pm

holmsy wrote:welcome.
so funny seeing someone excited to find an engine we all take for granted.

I am excited. Nobody is going to have the combination that I will.

Are there any Ford engines that we have that you do not?
Ethyl Cat
Cranking Over

Postby GQuick » March 2nd, 2015, 5:19 am

Just about all of them unfortunately ...anything bigger than a 351 for starters lol
I dont break things ...I just use them beyond their operational limitations - J K Dennis
GQuick
Idling

Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 9 times

Postby EFFalcon » March 2nd, 2015, 7:42 am

PSI POP will like this... 4.0 in a Fox body :D
1995 Falcon GLi | 1997 EL GT | 1995 Falcon Futura | 1983 Thunderbird Heritage | 2003 Fairmont Ghia
EFFalcon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Has Liked: 26 times
Been Liked: 765 times

1995 Ford Falcon

Postby Jayedxr6 » March 2nd, 2015, 8:35 am

Welcome! They are a world class engine with boost!
Plenty of parts suppliers here in Oz that will be very happy to post to US!!!
TUFF CAR PARTS
will sort you out for anything you may need.
Xh falcon turbo. 420rwhp 16 psi.
Jayedxr6
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 179 times
Been Liked: 149 times

1994 Ford ED Falcon XR6

Postby ed40 » March 2nd, 2015, 10:31 am

Cant wait to see what you do with this. Definitely get it, will be the most unique fox body in the US! As opposed to all the fox bodies getting around with ls crap and done to death 347 strokers.
Please post pics with updates!!

Just note an INTECH is from the AU series falcon we have here in Australia. The rods are known to bend with boost. I would be upgrading the pistons and rods before you put boost on her so you don't wreck the block.

Where abouts in the USA are you from? I got back from a holiday there a few months ago, great country.
Rollin wrote:At least I can deal with it while driving my boyfriend around in my car each weekend
ed40
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 191 times
Been Liked: 137 times

1994 Ford Falcon

Postby Ethyl Cat » March 2nd, 2015, 11:43 am

ed40 wrote:Cant wait to see what you do with this. Definitely get it, will be the most unique fox body in the US! As opposed to all the fox bodies getting around with ls crap and done to death 347 strokers.
Please post pics with updates!!

Just note an INTECH is from the AU series falcon we have here in Australia. The rods are known to bend with boost. I would be upgrading the pistons and rods before you put boost on her so you don't wreck the block.

Where abouts in the USA are you from? I got back from a holiday there a few months ago, great country.

Thanks to all.

I am in the midwest. St. Louis, Missouri is close if you know where that is.

I am real excited to get started. I have had all the v-8 parts to get it together for a while, but it never happened. This has rejuvenated my interest in getting it drivable.

Another reason for the swap is I figure it will get much better fuel economy than the v-8 of similar power would. I would like to put some miles on it.

It is also an excuse to build my first Megasquirt.

Steve
Ethyl Cat
Cranking Over

Postby ed40 » March 2nd, 2015, 12:05 pm

Yeah cool, we drove from New Orleans up to Ohio via Memphis and Louisville which is pretty close to St Louis I guess... I quite liked the midwest! Although the high way patrol gave me a hard time!

Anyway can't wait to see your progress and hear the stories about how many people think its a 2JZ haha.
Rollin wrote:At least I can deal with it while driving my boyfriend around in my car each weekend
ed40
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 191 times
Been Liked: 137 times

1994 Ford Falcon

Postby Ethyl Cat » March 2nd, 2015, 12:07 pm

If all goes well I will have it in the back of my truck tomorrow. I will post pics.

Any info you folks can give will be greatly appreciated.

I guess my first hurdles will be mounting it to the crossmember and getting the T-5 to fit.

Steve
Ethyl Cat
Cranking Over

Postby Jayedxr6 » March 2nd, 2015, 1:38 pm

All the info will be here there are literally thousands of custom boosted 4.0 SOHC around here, in oz.
Not to mention the mighty Barra turbo (DOHC version, later more developed engine) witch come standard in out Ford Falcon xr6 turbos and F6's, which have had a dramatic impression in the performance cars amongst Australia.

There are daily driven BARRA'S here that are over the 1000rwhp mark. Some street+strip that are producing over 1500rwhp.

SOHC like yours aren't left behind with them now on the brink of 7 second 1/4 miles.
Xh falcon turbo. 420rwhp 16 psi.
Jayedxr6
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 179 times
Been Liked: 149 times

1994 Ford ED Falcon XR6

Postby TAXI » March 2nd, 2015, 2:43 pm

Ethyl Cat wrote:If all goes well I will have it in the back of my truck tomorrow. I will post pics.

Any info you folks can give will be greatly appreciated.

I guess my first hurdles will be mounting it to the crossmember and getting the T-5 to fit.

Steve

won't be a drama getting a t5 to fit, we use t5's behind them.
I'm sure you could get a 4.0 bell housing shipped over there.
TAXI
Spooling Up

Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 27 times

Postby falcon4life » March 2nd, 2015, 7:37 pm

Have a chat with mal wood, he can get anything to fit any engine just about, just punch it into google and it will reveal all
NUT347 wrote:Ali G hooked car battery's together with humans and managed to blow a safe open so I can't see why not.

Current toy: 2014 Holden Colorado LTZ space cab manual
Goes anywhere and can pull a skid
falcon4life
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 85 times
Been Liked: 49 times

2014 Holden Colorado

Postby chalkys_explorer » July 24th, 2015, 5:00 am

Hi Ethyl, any progress on this mate?? I'm an ex-pat living in Portland, OR and interested to see how this goes. I've got a few Foxes, coupla turbo-4 SVO's, and have been thinking of a Barra in a Fox.
chalkys_explorer
Cranking Over

Postby Rollin » July 26th, 2015, 10:03 pm

Just found this thread, how awesome!

Feel free to PM if you have any specific questions about the motor, and I'll do my best to help.

Parts for this motors are a dime a dozen over here, let me know if you need anything and we can sort something out.

The T56 from a BA, BF and FG Falcon bolts to the back of an intech no worries too.

Look at your car. Now back to mine. Now back to yours. Now back to mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine. But if you stopped buying dodgy cars and bought an ED, yours could be like mine. Look down. Back up. Where are you? ...You're on BoostedFalcon, reading the signature your signature could be like! Anything is possible when your car looks like my car... I'm on a computer.
Rollin
Melting Pistons

Location: Brisbane - Driving around in a metal and glass case of emotion!
Has Liked: 327 times
Been Liked: 751 times

1994 Ford Falcon

Return to Introduction