New to the site. Greetings.

Introduce yourself and your ride.

New to the site. Greetings.

Postby BigAl6670 » April 14th, 2015, 1:44 pm

Howdy. New to this site. Stumbled onto it after trying to find out how to tell an EF 6cyl tickford from your everyday 4.0 L stump puller.
Got 3 EFs. One Falcon ghia 6 cyl with all the trimmings. One a Fairmont Ghia with a 5.0L and one a Falcon 6 that's been gutted and raped for bits as required. All of them are autos but I've recently picked up a 5 Spd in good condition which will end up behind one of them.
The ghia 6 is on the road and gets used as a daily ride when I don't need the work pig. Spent a lot of money maintaining and keeping it on the road. Ex missus, treasure that she is smashed in to the arse of commodore. Several dollars later it was near back the way it should be. Kept the car, ditched her. Being a slow learner I loaned it to a mate who seems to have blessed me with a cracked head and a handling issue after gutter jumping it.
Long story short, It's going to have to come off the road soon and given the abundance of parts and options they provide I guess I'm here looking for inspiration and a bit of direction. The 5.0L is going to get a shot of Holy **** once I pull it down and see what sort of shape its in. Curious to know about forced induction on the 6's. Took a late model XR6 ex-pursuit car (that's what I was told it was) for a blat, be 2 year ago now, and I'm still emotionally erect. Still a big fan of cubic inches but after playing with a few rice burners including rotaries, a Twin turbo 300 ZX and a mates skyline it gets hard to ignore technology. In saying that there's nothing quite like the sound of clevo, windsor, naturally aspirated, doing its thing. That's just me tho. Different strokes for different folks.
Cheers, Al.
BigAl6670
Cranking Over

Has Liked: 0 time
Been Liked: 0 time

Return to Introduction