My Turbo EB Falcon

Introduce yourself and your ride.

My Turbo EB Falcon

Postby bertis » August 23rd, 2008, 12:41 am

Been on the forum for a while. Some real interested topics in here. Its good to see a lot more boosted falcons have hit the road in the past few years.

Here is my car i've had it for at least a couple of years. Most of the work was done by the previous owner someone might remember the car as EVLELF. Its been turbo'd for maybe 3 years. Loads of fun to drive. I've done a 13.1 at heathcote in it at 3rd heathcote drag day with a 2.1 60ft time on standard tyres. The old owner mikal got it down to 13.39 but I think his transmission was slipping. Its been through around 6 transmission lol but they have all been standard BTR's. I have a modified one in it now and its been holding up real well. Been through an engine cause it had done 250,000 when the turbo went into it. Turbo went around the same time as the motor, I had this rebuilt by snort. It now has an EL hybrid motor thats been living for a while with no issues. Next mod I am going to do to it is put in some 24lb injectors, not sure if the car will be quicker but I want to explore that top end power. Have been trying to get an ECU into it for some time lol. I live in roxburgh park but dont drive the car too much as I have a standard eb on gas as my daily :P. Have read a few posts on here that have been really interesting. Hoping to make it to the heathcote drag day for ford on the 13th of september.

Anyways here are some pictures of the car.

Side on

Current picture of the motor. Mind the dirty rocker cover its the only one that seems to want to seal.

Engine after the snort stage 2 turbo kit was fitted

Old owners full boost picture with slicks. Think he was having troubles with the transmission slipping

Current picture of the car all nice and clean

Interior pictures

A good way to attract attention :P.
EB series 2 (formally known as EVLELF), Vixen red with blue perl, custom body kit, lowered, custom interior from custom trim, ported head chambers, Snort T3/t4 hybrid turbo,Snort log manifold, FMIC, vortech 12:1 rising reg, Walbro 255, thermo fans, Tightened 3.45 LSD, redback exhaust, Stage 2 BTR95le built by DTM, pioneer 680MP, 2x pioneer 450w subs, response monoblock 820w amp

13.10@105mph on 10-11psi on street tyres @ fordmods 3rd heathcote drags
bertis
Cranking Over

Has Liked: 0 time
Been Liked: 0 time

Re: My Turbo EB Falcon

Postby 93edxr6 » August 23rd, 2008, 6:54 am

nice mate wount pick on that if i see it at the lights :) (im from cragieburn) um who did the door pods?
Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crisp, which no decent human being would eat?
93edxr6
Spooling Up

Has Liked: 14 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Postby KNA.88 » August 23rd, 2008, 7:12 am

very nice, not sure if i seen it around tho, im from broady but im always around roxy, post up pics of ur other eb i might have seen it around.
KNA.88
Cruising

Postby oneredED » August 23rd, 2008, 7:51 am

It lives on! Nice car mate :)
2013 VW Up!
2014 KTM 250SX-F
AUIII Ute
oneredED
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 15 times
Been Liked: 30 times

Postby EFFalcon » August 23rd, 2008, 8:09 am

good to see your around.
Good to see its still going.
EVLELF did some nice work to it, looks like you've continued the tradition!
1995 Falcon GLi | 1997 EL GT | 1995 Falcon Futura | 1983 Thunderbird Heritage | 2003 Fairmont Ghia
EFFalcon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Has Liked: 26 times
Been Liked: 765 times

1995 Ford Falcon

Postby Kaddis » August 23rd, 2008, 10:48 am

I remember seeing this at a cruise years ago that interior looks mint in person.
Kaddis
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 5 times

Postby Commando » August 23rd, 2008, 11:19 am

I remember seeing this car a couple of years ago (some Bunnings carpark on Warrigal Rd from memory, night time), great work with keeping it to a high standard! Hopefully we'll see it on a cruise sometime!
Previous: 1982 XE GL 3.3: 5 speed | 1991 EB Ghia 5.0: Vortech, Tiptronic, 4.11s, 232rwkw | 1995 EF GLi 4.0 wagon: LPG | 2006 BF Fairmont 4.0: JTG LiLPG
Now: 2016 Hilux SR HiRider
Commando

Has Liked: 110 times
Been Liked: 516 times

2006 Ford Fairmont

Postby Eb Barbie » August 23rd, 2008, 5:05 pm

pHaT`eL: Hell yeah, always wondered what happened to this thing!! Mikal will be happy to know its been looked after as he misses it like crazy :P
Past: EB Falcon Turbo
Now: AU Fairlane V8
Eb Barbie
Hitting N2O

Has Liked: 106 times
Been Liked: 71 times

Postby ed40 » August 24th, 2008, 1:54 pm

awesome car mate!
Rollin wrote:At least I can deal with it while driving my boyfriend around in my car each weekend
ed40
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 191 times
Been Liked: 137 times

1994 Ford Falcon

Postby Malakai » August 24th, 2008, 2:06 pm

13.1 is nothing to sneeze at, nice work. Is that on stock ECU with the 12:1 fuel reg that I spot in the pictures? Tell us some more about the fuel system and boost it's running.

Take a stock or rebuilt motor add some boost and just drive it. I like that...
FG G6E Turbo MkII - Nizpro Stage 3 - 364 rwkW - 11.63 sec @ 118 mp/h | I like the dark, I love the dark, but I hate nature. Image
Malakai
Double Clutching

Been Liked: 32 times

Postby G3R3N » August 24th, 2008, 2:36 pm

What a great package. Good luck with the current transmission
G3R3N
Breaking Traction

Postby AaronEF8 » August 24th, 2008, 2:43 pm

I've always liked this car, good to see it went to a good home :P

In regards to the trans problems, does it have an aftermarket trans cooler? I reckon a big cooler, and an electronic shiftkit would stop the BTR's dying.
Commando wrote:seriously, this thread is now a complete cyber skip bin filled with all kinds of waste from the internet...
AaronEF8
Full Boost

Has Liked: 55 times
Been Liked: 245 times

1997 Ford Fairmont

Postby bertis » August 26th, 2008, 6:17 pm

wow so many replys :). Good to see people still remember it. The old owner did the interior including the door pods. I still speak to him every now and then. His got a project going with his EF wagon atm. Will be interesting to see what sort of animal that turns out to be :P. Think he will be coming down my way shortly to grab a T5 out of my old wrecked eb.

My other eb is a completely standard Burgandy EB. I dont think you'd spot it as every second car you drive by would be a standard burgandy eb lol.
I've spotted some nice e-series cars around roxy,broadmeadows area though. Heaps of turbo cars around too, everyone still stops to look at the 4 litre dose though :P.

Hopefully come on a cruise sometime. It would be pretty sweet to see some other nice e-series other than in mag's.

Yeah its stock ECU with a 12:1 reg with a walbro pump. Seems to be safe at 9psi with this fuel setup. I think the most i've had it at would be 11 when I ran the 13.1. This was on a really cold day. Would be good to go back to that day with a set of slicks hehe. Runs fairly consistant 13.4's on 9psi.

I have 24lb injectors ready to go in but not sure if that will be a step forward or back for it. It might lose a lot of power down low from running rich.

This car had a really bad run with transmissions. Even with an electronic shiftkit in it with a decent sized cooler and it still killed them fairly quickly. This transmission I got now seems pretty tough. Its been fully rebuilt, v8 valve body, heavy duty bands and couple of other little things. When the new transmission went in I replaced the cooler and the lines, it hasnt missed a beat since. Pretty rugged in city driving though :P. Makes a mechanic frown when it changes into second at low rev's.
EB series 2 (formally known as EVLELF), Vixen red with blue perl, custom body kit, lowered, custom interior from custom trim, ported head chambers, Snort T3/t4 hybrid turbo,Snort log manifold, FMIC, vortech 12:1 rising reg, Walbro 255, thermo fans, Tightened 3.45 LSD, redback exhaust, Stage 2 BTR95le built by DTM, pioneer 680MP, 2x pioneer 450w subs, response monoblock 820w amp

13.10@105mph on 10-11psi on street tyres @ fordmods 3rd heathcote drags
bertis
Cranking Over

Postby eafalcon6 » September 1st, 2008, 8:37 pm

niice
looks good..interior looks fine too :)
1992 EBII Fairmont
exterior: marine blue,4.0L auto,ed xr6 front + ed xr6 3.45lsd,slotted discs all round,trans cooler,lowered,high flow cat into 2.5' exhaust system,17'ROH wheels,SVO spoiler,tinted windows.
interior: leather/velour interior,SVO speedo,MOMO steering wheel, power windows,elec. mirrors,climate control,trip meter,aftermarket immobiliser system
Sound: pioneer head unit,pioneer 230w 4ways front/back,Kicker CVT 8" sub btween back speakers all powered by SSL amp
eafalcon6
Idling

Postby scoota » August 18th, 2013, 3:18 am

hey guys spotted this thread a little while ago i live on the Eyre peninsula in SA and that red falcon once known as EVLELF has been living in my shed for around 2 years now. i haven't posted anything on a forum before so i'm yet to get my head around getting some photos up i have a lot to put. it's been through a lot in the past two years. first was being unloaded off the truck where i watched the rear bar get caught on both sides and near split in half :shock: (the transport company was very good with insurance and payment which was a relief) the day snowballed from that with a 6 hour drive home Adelaide in 40degree heat and no A/C one session of mild heatstroke and tyre failure just added to the fun. engine change was next. head gasket let go pulled head off to find one piston was dead and damaged the bore to. the new engine i built up at work. started with another block i had which has been bored 20thou over and decked had the head decked at the same time (same head as it was already flowed) standard bottom end new pistons and valves with XR6 springs new timing chain set ect.. the engine is stock otherwise. the turbo was very worn in the shaft and was trying to eat it's self alive got that sorted at the same time i ditched the old EB belt setup and went for a XH single belt setup to go with the thermo's already there. ditched the 2 1/2" exhaust for a free flowing 3" which then required me to plumb in a bigger external waste gate to keep the boost under control. at 7psi it made a solid 180rwkw on a fairly warm day. ran it like that for some time till bad luck struck again and the nut fell of the shaft on the turbo and it tried to eat it!. the nut never made it inside but the damage was done to the turbo. i did a temp fix on the turbo which worked to my needs. i put plans into action with snort performance for a new and upgraded kit while that was on order i made revisions to drive train removed the auto (still good and strong) and rear diff (on it's last legs) for a T5 5speed manual box and lower 3:45 ratio LSD diff. once all the new turbo kit was together i got busy removing the old kit and fitting up the new one. it's now running the upgraded tuned length stainless steel turbo manifold water cooled turbocharger turbo smart external waste gate plumbed back into exhaust. and a water to air intercooler boost is up to 10psi. there's a chip and a couple of other bits to really finish the kit off but it's going really well as it is. yet to be back on the dyno to date. other changes were new speakers all round re wiring of floor neons to door light and revised instrument cluster lighting. i removed the autometer tacho and found other use for it elsewhere swapped wheels with a fairmont i also have it now run's black and silver 18x8 1/2" wheels wearing 245/40ZR18 KU31 kuhmo's. the most recent change was getting a new front and rear bar (that i bought just after getting the car) color matched and painted and have them now fitted up which has it looking much better than it has been for sometime. the rear bar is exactly the same as what was on the car and the front is the matching bar for the same kit (different to what it had). the car has taken me to hell and back and a lot of skin of my knuckles along the way and there is more to come i'm sure of it (and a lot i haven't mentioned). at the end of the day it's still insane amounts of fun to drive and i'll hold onto it as long as possible i'll try get photos up asap great to know this car has a little history behind it. built ford tough.
scoota
Cranking Over

Postby NUT347 » August 18th, 2013, 9:28 am

Hey mate

Sounds like a bit of a story! Might want to use some paragraphs next time though, that was a bit hard to read.

Sounds like the car is in a good home anyway.

You can upload pics using this:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20024
NUT347
Melting Pistons

Has Liked: 911 times
Been Liked: 1254 times

Postby scoota » August 18th, 2013, 5:38 pm

cheers for the tip mate i'll give that a try
scoota
Cranking Over

Postby scoota » August 18th, 2013, 7:09 pm

ok guys i'll try keep this short i'll post (hopefully in order) engine bay pics from just after the rebuild till now Image this was just after the rebuild/ drive belt conversion Image after the exhaust change to 3" and external waste gate fitted and turbo jacket

And lastly the engine/turbo set up in it's current state Image Image that's all i have time to do so far i will have have photos of the rest of the car up soon 8-)
scoota
Cranking Over

Postby bertis » September 20th, 2013, 3:24 pm

Hi Mate,

I am the second owner of this car, the person you purchased it off. Very impressive to see what you've done with the car :). I've always wondered exactly what happened to this car. Glad to see you've kept the project going. I know myself and the first owner both regret selling this car so let us know if you want to sell it.

Bad to hear you had a pretty nasty trip home. Sorry I never thought to put a spare tyre in the boot as I always liked it being lighter. Always just took it for squirts around the block rather than long trips as well. Did you get to turn up the boost before you had the engine and turbo drama's? I think I turned it down to about 6psi when I sold it to you but I use to run it at about 12?

Sounds like its probably faster than ever now, you'll have to get it down the drag strip. How come you want to change it to a T5? The auto that's in it made the car lethal. I miss the rough, instant changes the most out of everything. It cost me about 3k and the guy recons it was good for 800HP.

You should post some more pictures up of things like the new front bar. I'd be interested to see the new additions.

Brett.
bertis
Cranking Over

Postby EFFalcon » September 20th, 2013, 3:40 pm : fordnuttz Likes this post

missed the update... good to see it still going though!
1995 Falcon GLi | 1997 EL GT | 1995 Falcon Futura | 1983 Thunderbird Heritage | 2003 Fairmont Ghia
EFFalcon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Has Liked: 26 times
Been Liked: 765 times

1995 Ford Falcon

Postby scoota » October 4th, 2013, 9:51 pm

hey guys sorry i have been so lapsed with updating this work has been hell over my way. i never even fitted the boost controller to the car to wind up the boost! the head gasket let go just after i transferred it to SA rego and after pulling the head i found no2 piston partly cooked (side melted). i knew it had a lazy pot for a while and that was why had big drag marks up the side of the bore aswell.

either way i had another block so i had that re bored and decked and the head decked and checked over for the rebuild. i went for the T5 manual because i like to swap cogs and i had all the parts i needed in a wrecked XR6. i swapped the diff at the same time cause the one in it was on it's last legs at that stage. the auto i have stored in my shed as well as the old turbo kit. i might put it in something one day should i want to hit the strip (closest drag strip is roughly 170km away) other than the headaches the car has given me it still gets prime parking in my shed with my EL XR6 5speed and my lowered and kitted ED fairmont. love my falcons mate :)
scoota
Cranking Over

Return to Introduction