Traffic workers at risk.

Latest News

Traffic workers at risk.

Postby Malakai » July 20th, 2009, 10:26 am

A CULTURE of motorists speeding through work zones must change to ensure traffic control workers' safety, a new report says.

The report's recommendations were compiled by the Queensland Workplace Rights Ombudsman Don Brown.

Mr Brown says attitudes and actions by the public and employers must improve to guarantee a safer workplace.

The report highlights the need for more toilets, fatigue breaks and training as well as increased responsibility among employers regarding accreditation and licensing of operators who provide traffic control.

The culture of motorists ignoring speed limits at work sites must also change, according to the report.

Industrial Relations Minister Cameron Dick said the Government's $18.2 billion infrastructure program relied on content workers.

"If workers are not getting appropriate breaks, and if their workplaces do not have appropriate safety measures in place, then that is something we all need to work together to address," Mr Dick said.

URL: http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,25799940-3102,00.html
FG G6E Turbo MkII - Nizpro Stage 3 - 364 rwkW - 11.63 sec @ 118 mp/h | I like the dark, I love the dark, but I hate nature. Image
Malakai
Double Clutching

Has Liked: 0 time
Been Liked: 32 times

Return to News