Setup your car for drifting....

Car Setups, Photos, Discussions

Re: Setup your car for drifting....

Postby CaRtZ » February 23rd, 2010, 4:11 pm

lol everycar does that at some point, post links to the other vidz where that dosen't happen ;)
EL 'Mont Wagon ----- Full Std & boring

EF Sedan aka Drift Hack ----- Forged AU engine, 6Boost, Garrett, Haltech, 6sp manual, 460hp @ 17psi

http://www.dewarsengines.com.au/
CaRtZ
Spooling Up

Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 9 times

1996 Ford Falcon

Postby falcon4life » February 23rd, 2010, 6:14 pm

NUT347 wrote:Ali G hooked car battery's together with humans and managed to blow a safe open so I can't see why not.

Current toy: 2014 Holden Colorado LTZ space cab manual
Goes anywhere and can pull a skid
falcon4life
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 85 times
Been Liked: 49 times

2014 Holden Colorado

Postby bigdell » February 23rd, 2010, 8:30 pm

sdoylie wrote:remember for every problem there is always the right sized hammer to fix it.
bigdell
Spooling Up

Has Liked: 10 times
Been Liked: 4 times

1998 Ford XH

Postby CaRtZ » April 3rd, 2010, 4:33 pm

took the EF to Winton on 21st of march. went fairly well for a N/A rig, needs to be a bit stiffer as there is no shortage of body roll & more power is coming along with more practice as im pretty messy.

pro photos:
http://www.photoshelter.com/c/jrmphotog ... Lr2o1WfLbo

mates cars that have been to a few events before and have deeper pockets

http://www.photoshelter.com/c/jrmphotog ... xw.vgChOIk

http://www.photoshelter.com/c/jrmphotog ... jFt8GxkZRQ

EF Sedan aka Drift Hack ----- Forged AU engine, 6Boost, Garrett, Haltech, 6sp manual, 460hp @ 17psi

CaRtZ
Spooling Up

1996 Ford Falcon

Postby EBOOST » April 3rd, 2010, 8:16 pm

dam that last pic it looks like the front wheel is nearly off the ground.
good job trying man itd be good to give it a go.
got any vids?
cheers josh.
Get Stroked!!
AU Stroked 5.6L Ghia.
EBOOST
Hitting N2O

Has Liked: 437 times
Been Liked: 93 times

Postby ed40 » April 4th, 2010, 12:26 am

mad pic mate!
Rollin wrote:At least I can deal with it while driving my boyfriend around in my car each weekend
ed40
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 191 times
Been Liked: 137 times

1994 Ford Falcon

Postby rat » April 5th, 2010, 11:26 am

awesome pics, makes me wana get out on the track again!
EL XR6 Turbo
GT3788R, Snort intake/exhaust manifolds, T56, Xtreme twin ceramic, Spool/CP bottom end, Link G4, AU diff with TrueTrac & 31 spline billet axles.
648rwhp @ 20psi
rat
Spooling Up

Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 105 times

1997 Ford XR6

Postby bigdell » April 8th, 2010, 7:43 pm

that pro pic is mad.
what have you done to your car suspension wise.
sdoylie wrote:remember for every problem there is always the right sized hammer to fix it.
bigdell
Spooling Up

1998 Ford XH

Postby holmsy » April 12th, 2010, 3:54 pm

all this work on cars and i spent the weekend watching a mate drift a bog stock dual cab courier. and doin pretty damn well i must say.
Project: SLOXR8: 1994 EF XR8, mech shift kit, 3500 histall, Lokka, 36lb injectors, AU 185 motor, Cranecam 444225, crane roller rockers, crow valve springs, Pacies, 3" exhaust, hiflo cats. twin 044's, vortech v2,microtech tuned by daltons (290.3rwkw @11psi) at DALTONS
holmsy
Shooting Flames

Has Liked: 182 times
Been Liked: 154 times

1994 Ford XR8

Postby bigdell » April 12th, 2010, 4:22 pm

as they say.
bigdell
Spooling Up

1998 Ford XH

Postby ed40 » April 12th, 2010, 6:33 pm

haha its do-able but it requires a massive set of balls
Rollin wrote:At least I can deal with it while driving my boyfriend around in my car each weekend
ed40
Breaking Traction

1994 Ford Falcon

Postby holmsy » April 18th, 2010, 10:15 pm

lol this guy is insane. i got some vids but as it was dark all ya see is some headlights and cant see shit.

between him and his mates. can be sure to see drifting or tyres exploding any time ya go over.

they get out one of the guys stock au wagons. all it has is 3.9's and a spool
and he just goes out and shreds tyres and drives home on the rims.
Project: SLOXR8: 1994 EF XR8, mech shift kit, 3500 histall, Lokka, 36lb injectors, AU 185 motor, Cranecam 444225, crane roller rockers, crow valve springs, Pacies, 3" exhaust, hiflo cats. twin 044's, vortech v2,microtech tuned by daltons (290.3rwkw @11psi) at DALTONS
holmsy
Shooting Flames

Has Liked: 182 times
Been Liked: 154 times

1994 Ford XR8

Postby Another_ef » May 6th, 2010, 3:16 pm

i must say can somebody develop extra lock spacers and longer tie rod ends so we can get extra lock while sliding

in saying that does anybody know if the falcon steering rack bear any resemblance to a s13 steering rack in ways of thread pitch and size i was thinking maybe a s13 extra lock spacer might fit into a falcon steering rack if so instant extra lock for better control under sideways movement :D
donno wrote:Battery to the boot relocation......

If everything lights up you're done. If it's on fire you probably should have taken it to an auto electrician.

EL XR6 Pacemaker 4499's, 2.5" exhaust, factory manual, sunroof, Peddars coilovers, au upper arms, 30mm swaybar and koni reds with SSL rear springs
Another_ef
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 50 times
Been Liked: 60 times

1995 Ford Piece Of Shit

Postby Rollin » May 6th, 2010, 5:38 pm

You could give it a go... I have a set of EF rack ends in the garage, I should measure the thread diameter and see if there is a similar sized jap spacer.

Look at your car. Now back to mine. Now back to yours. Now back to mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine. But if you stopped buying dodgy cars and bought an ED, yours could be like mine. Look down. Back up. Where are you? ...You're on BoostedFalcon, reading the signature your signature could be like! Anything is possible when your car looks like my car... I'm on a computer.
Rollin
Melting Pistons

Location: Brisbane - Driving around in a metal and glass case of emotion!
Has Liked: 327 times
Been Liked: 751 times

1994 Ford Falcon

Postby rat » May 7th, 2010, 7:38 pm

yes yes do it yes
Has anyone put a good tow point on the front of their falcon? Mine tow spots on the front are fucken hard to get to, expecially when knee deep in sand
EL XR6 Turbo
GT3788R, Snort intake/exhaust manifolds, T56, Xtreme twin ceramic, Spool/CP bottom end, Link G4, AU diff with TrueTrac & 31 spline billet axles.
648rwhp @ 20psi
rat
Spooling Up

Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 105 times

1997 Ford XR6

Postby BBQBurner » May 9th, 2010, 11:51 am

On the topic of extra steering lock, is there room in front of the factory drilled hole for the tie rod end to drill another hole closer to the lower ball joint?

You don't need spacers just move the tie rod pivot forward and the stub axle will turn more for the same steering rack travel.

I'll supply paint pic's later if that doesn't make sence.
I enjoy the symphony of mechanical harmony, :lol:

EL build thread :banghead:
Turbo DOHC (RUNNING) - AU front suspension (DONE) - AU IRS (DONE) - t56 (DONE) - xr kit - twinlights - a respray and what ever else i add to it in the end :D
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10623&p=207926#p207926
BBQBurner
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 19 times
Been Liked: 42 times

Postby ed40 » May 9th, 2010, 2:22 pm

+1 for more lock please!
ed40
Breaking Traction

1994 Ford Falcon

Postby Rollin » May 9th, 2010, 10:09 pm

BBQBurner wrote:On the topic of extra steering lock, is there room in front of the factory drilled hole for the tie rod end to drill another hole closer to the lower ball joint?

You don't need spacers just move the tie rod pivot forward and the stub axle will turn more for the same steering rack travel.

I'll supply paint pic's later if that doesn't make sence.

With an AU arm it looks possible to put the ball joint hole closer to the hub, not chance on E-series IMHO.

Much more work than extra lock spacers.

Look at your car. Now back to mine. Now back to yours. Now back to mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine. But if you stopped buying dodgy cars and bought an ED, yours could be like mine. Look down. Back up. Where are you? ...You're on BoostedFalcon, reading the signature your signature could be like! Anything is possible when your car looks like my car... I'm on a computer.
Rollin
Melting Pistons

1994 Ford Falcon

Postby BBQBurner » May 9th, 2010, 10:22 pm

This is what i was thinking, by moving the tie rod closer to the lower ball joint you increase the final angle that the stub axle assembly ends up at.
I haven't looked at e-series suspension in awhile but i'm fairly sure there's room to drill another hole, can anyone confirm?
I enjoy the symphony of mechanical harmony, :lol:

EL build thread :banghead:
Turbo DOHC (RUNNING) - AU front suspension (DONE) - AU IRS (DONE) - t56 (DONE) - xr kit - twinlights - a respray and what ever else i add to it in the end :D
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10623&p=207926#p207926
BBQBurner
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 19 times
Been Liked: 42 times

Postby Rollin » May 10th, 2010, 5:30 pm

As I said in the post above....

Rollin wrote:With an AU arm it looks possible to put the ball joint hole closer to the hub, not chance on E-series IMHO.

Much more work than extra lock spacers.

Also, the problem with moving the tie rod end is that if you move the rack too far the tie rod and the stub assembly can form a straight line or a reflex angle which will then lock your steering and you will crash.

Rollin
Melting Pistons

1994 Ford Falcon

Postby Another_ef » May 25th, 2010, 11:12 pm

Rollin did you measure the those ef rack does it would be interesting to know the thread pitch and how close it is to a corolla, silvia or skyline thread pitch let us know as soon as you find out

If everything lights up you're done. If it's on fire you probably should have taken it to an auto electrician.

EL XR6 Pacemaker 4499's, 2.5" exhaust, factory manual, sunroof, Peddars coilovers, au upper arms, 30mm swaybar and koni reds with SSL rear springs
Another_ef
Breaking Traction

1995 Ford Piece Of Shit

Postby BI6TIM » June 4th, 2010, 11:51 am

Rollin wrote:The problem with moving the tie rod end is that if you move the rack too far the tie rod and the stub assembly can form a straight line or a reflex angle which will then lock your steering and you will crash.

This could be avoided by putting in some extra lock stops on the lower arm perhaps. I may well mean you don't actually get any extra lock but you'll not know till you try it I'd say.
BI6TIM
Full Boost

Has Liked: 0 time
Been Liked: 6 times

Postby Another_ef » June 26th, 2010, 6:52 am

Lock spacer FTW if you just want instant quick extra lock

Another_ef
Breaking Traction

1995 Ford Piece Of Shit

Postby Rollin » June 26th, 2010, 12:39 pm

Have you got some in your EF?

Rollin
Melting Pistons

1994 Ford Falcon

Postby bigdell » June 26th, 2010, 2:12 pm

if so tell a brother how to go about getting some :this:
bigdell
Spooling Up

1998 Ford XH

Postby Another_ef » June 26th, 2010, 4:33 pm

Nah i dont :( i would like to get one though, i was just saying instead of drilling into the lower control arm and what not, just see if there is a spacer that is close and get it to fit, i'd like to find out dimensions on a skyline/silvia lock spacer like thread pitch and rack inner dimensions, compared to an e series rack and if need be, drill out to suit and re tap them for the e series rack ends and tie rods!

Another_ef
Breaking Traction

1995 Ford Piece Of Shit

Postby Rollin » June 26th, 2010, 7:15 pm

You won't need to do any of that shit - lock spacers are exactly that, spacers, they look like thick alloy washers, you just unbolt the inner tie rod end, put the spacer in and bolt it straight back together.

Rollin
Melting Pistons

1994 Ford Falcon

Postby Another_ef » June 26th, 2010, 9:52 pm

Yes i understand that, but by doing that you still need to work out thread pitchs and inner rack dimensions, just to see if a skyline or silvia one will fit, i'm going to buy a silvia spacer on friday hopefully, and then take it with me to a wreckers and see if it fits in a e series rack, :) plus it wont be useless to me if it doesn't fit either, coz i will put it in my rolla with silvia front suspension in it

Another_ef
Breaking Traction

1995 Ford Piece Of Shit

Postby _JP_ » June 27th, 2010, 10:31 am

how to drift? lots of speed stay commited and kick ur clutch like a dog that shat on ur front lawn :P

warning to people this style may not and will most probably never work when attempting to drift :D
1981 KE55 Corolla, Poo brown, stock 4k and 5 speed
bushman wrote:
510EB wrote:
bushman wrote:i'm not coming at all i'll be asleep, so i can work that night

Take ya balls out of the jar beside your bed and come out..

how bout you take em out for me?
_JP_
Idling

Has Liked: 0 time
Been Liked: 0 time

Postby CaRtZ » July 21st, 2010, 12:43 am

CaRtZ
Spooling Up

1996 Ford Falcon

Postby Another_ef » July 21st, 2010, 7:03 pm

CaRtZ wrote:http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=753991798#!/video/video.php?v=119040251441448&subj=753991798

thats a good effort mate was that a handbrake entry into the corner or a clutch kick????

Another_ef
Breaking Traction

1995 Ford Piece Of Shit

Postby Another_ef » July 21st, 2010, 7:45 pm

here is a crappy mobile phone video of bushman sliding my car around archerfield drift track last wednesday.

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1554662189674

Another_ef
Breaking Traction

1995 Ford Piece Of Shit

Postby CaRtZ » July 21st, 2010, 9:36 pm

Another_ef wrote:
CaRtZ wrote:http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=753991798#!/video/video.php?v=119040251441448&subj=753991798

thats a good effort mate was that a handbrake entry into the corner or a clutch kick????

left leg action bud, my h/brake cable is strecthed n cant be fucked replacing it when im just gunna go hydro anyway. usully would slide that whole section

CaRtZ
Spooling Up

1996 Ford Falcon

Postby ed40 » July 21st, 2010, 9:48 pm

that thing kicks out sick for n/a.
nice driving man
ed40
Breaking Traction

1994 Ford Falcon

Postby CaRtZ » July 22nd, 2010, 3:51 pm

ed40 wrote:that thing kicks out sick for n/a.
nice driving man

cheers bud, yeah cant wait till the turbo gear is all on n running

CaRtZ
Spooling Up

1996 Ford Falcon

Postby bigdell » August 2nd, 2010, 8:16 pm

some very good stuff here.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuQ74G-AUbw
but on a serious note has anyone had a strut brace on a falcon.
bigdell
Spooling Up

1998 Ford XH

Postby Rollin » August 2nd, 2010, 9:14 pm

The turbo gets in the way :(

Rollin
Melting Pistons

1994 Ford Falcon

Postby krisisdog » August 2nd, 2010, 9:50 pm

CJH (fordmods) has one I think.
>>> EF Futura Turbo <<<
Now rolling in a tuned turbo Forester as a daily
krisisdog
Breaking Intake Welds

Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 56 times

1995 Ford Falcon

Postby bushman » August 2nd, 2010, 10:42 pm

Shouldn't be too hard to set one up similar to the 60's era mustangs, running a brace to the firewall. design it to suit your individuall application and it should work
Rollin wrote:Watch this space people - the man from the bush can steer :)

........ After owning several.... more than I care to admit I have come to the conclusion that E series are shit.
bushman
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 30 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Postby krisisdog » August 2nd, 2010, 11:20 pm

I'd get one just for the wank factor.
>>> EF Futura Turbo <<<
Now rolling in a tuned turbo Forester as a daily
krisisdog
Breaking Intake Welds

Has Liked: 17 times