Als Hydraulic Setups

For all traders/retailers offering products or services either auto/non-auto related. Boosted Falcon has no affiliation with these retailers, please purchase at your own discretion.

Als Hydraulic Setups

Postby Gekko/bazzalong » August 5th, 2012, 2:44 pm : bastion92, krisisdog Likes this post

Hey Guys and Gals,

ive been kicking around the idea of doing hydralic setups for other people for a while and thanks to krisisdog ive decided to start doing them.

starting with a standard pedal box to fit any E/A series vehicle, i will repair any cracks and give it a fresh coat of paint, then i modify it to accept a BA master cylinder and retain a standard pedal height and throw a new set of bushings on it (if available from ford)

in the kit you will get a master cylinder

slave cylinder

two flex lines and a hard line

a slave bracket

and any/all bolts to make the kit work together, and detailed instructions on how to set all the brackets and stuff up

for repairing the pedal box the price will depend on how bad it is, the most i will charge is $150 , if you send me photos first to give me an idea of what im looking at then i can give a more accurate quote

all up for a standard kit the price will be $640,(not including pedalbox repairs) which includes the pedal box mods, making the slave bracket and supplying all the other stuff, of course if you want to supply your own master i can knock that off the price ($475)

i am also willing to do the install if your in melbourne and you bring the car to me, price on that will depend on the car (unable to give quotes at this point in time)

if you would like any more information, please feel free to email me and il do my best to help you out

all the best
Al
Last edited by Gekko/bazzalong on August 7th, 2012, 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TUFED6 wrote:I dunno why people get all emo about it anyway. Its a falcon, not exactly the pinnacle of automotive refinement anyway.

BBQBurner wrote:I want a supermegafuckingwhooshcunt polished anodised penis extensions with super-whistle horn(TM)
Gekko/bazzalong
Cruising

Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 9 times

Re: Als Hydraulic Setups

Postby krisisdog » August 5th, 2012, 3:59 pm

I really need to pull my finger out and pay you for that haha.
Definitely looks the goods man.
>>> EF Futura Turbo <<<
Now rolling in a tuned turbo Forester as a daily
krisisdog
Breaking Intake Welds

Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 56 times

1995 Ford Falcon

Postby Gekko/bazzalong » August 5th, 2012, 5:56 pm

all good bud, i probably never would have decided to sell them if you hadnt asked me
TUFED6 wrote:I dunno why people get all emo about it anyway. Its a falcon, not exactly the pinnacle of automotive refinement anyway.

BBQBurner wrote:I want a supermegafuckingwhooshcunt polished anodised penis extensions with super-whistle horn(TM)
Gekko/bazzalong
Cruising

Postby Gekko/bazzalong » August 7th, 2012, 8:51 pm

to get things moving a bit (im bored at home), im going to knock the pedal box repairs and modification costs off the first 5 kits to be ordered, thats a saving of $250!

il also throw in a genuine ford fluid reservoir just cos im nice!

so for $500 you can have a hydraulic setup made for your car, and never worry about having to fix your firewall or replace your pedal box again!

for all you guys looking at going down the T56 route, i can also make kits to fit these gearbox's aswell, for a full kit it would be $490, again the price comes down if you supply parts

cheers
Al

Gekko/bazzalong
Cruising

Postby OED666 » August 7th, 2012, 9:33 pm

how does the master fit to the pedal box? and is the slave cylinder matched to the master?

Sundeep wrote:even though Falcon manuals are rough as guts. I just like smashing and skating through gears.
OED666
Hitting N2O

Has Liked: 143 times
Been Liked: 104 times

1994 Ford Falcon

Postby Gekko/bazzalong » August 7th, 2012, 10:39 pm

i make a bracket which is then attached to the pedal box, all the geometry is checked and it all gets put together to make sure it works correctly

im not sure what you mean by matched, but the slave will work with the master, its what im running in my au

il bring my verniers home tomorrow and get some measurements cos i cant remember the size of the slave, i know the master is 19mm or 3/4", i think the slave is like 7/8" or something but il get back to you tomorrow

cheers
Al

Gekko/bazzalong
Cruising

Postby OED666 » August 7th, 2012, 11:03 pm

Ok, I know the master is 3/4, and 35mm of stroke. Just checking to make sure they will work together. :)

Sundeep wrote:even though Falcon manuals are rough as guts. I just like smashing and skating through gears.
OED666
Hitting N2O

1994 Ford Falcon

Postby Gekko/bazzalong » August 10th, 2012, 8:40 pm

OED i havent forgotten about the measurements, but i keep forgetting the verniers! il set myself a reminder for tomorrow to bring them home

theres only 4 kits left at the start up price ($500 + install if required), if your interested feel free to pm me and we can discuss your personal requirements

im also in the process of having an adaptor made up to fit inside the holden T56 so we can use a ford input shaft, il update with more info soon

cheers
Al

Gekko/bazzalong
Cruising

Postby DARCY_EA-S » August 12th, 2012, 9:55 am

Hey mate interested in this setup. Do you have any pictures of it fitted to a vehicle?

Cheers Darcy
DARCY_EA-S
Idling

Has Liked: 3 times
Been Liked: 0 time

Postby Gekko/bazzalong » August 12th, 2012, 5:48 pm

hi darcy, at the present ive only got photos of it in my au

if you want il throw some pics up for you

cheers
Al

Gekko/bazzalong
Cruising

Postby BBQBurner » August 12th, 2012, 7:31 pm

that slave looks like one off a diesel courier????
I enjoy the symphony of mechanical harmony, :lol:

EL build thread :banghead:
Turbo DOHC (RUNNING) - AU front suspension (DONE) - AU IRS (DONE) - t56 (DONE) - xr kit - twinlights - a respray and what ever else i add to it in the end :D
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10623&p=207926#p207926
BBQBurner
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 19 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Postby Gekko/bazzalong » August 12th, 2012, 8:28 pm

BBQBurner wrote:that slave looks like one off a diesel courier????

hahaha good pick up there bbq, it certainly is, pd/pe courier, it was the only one i found that had the bleed hole up top with a flat base and the right internal size and throw

cheers
Al

Gekko/bazzalong
Cruising

Postby ausedwagon » August 13th, 2012, 11:41 am

**** it sucks been broke, this is on the list of things to do now.
ausedwagon
Spooling Up

Has Liked: 14 times
Been Liked: 22 times

1994 Ford Falcon

Postby Gekko/bazzalong » August 13th, 2012, 9:39 pm

so the measurements of the slave for those that are interested:

internal diameter is 19mm, and maximum throw is 40 mm, ive been running this combo for over twelve months with no issues (i give my car an absolute flogging)

for you guys that are looking at doing the T56 conversion, im in the process of making an adaptor to use the newer ba2 onwards T56 input shaft with 23 splines (use a standard xr6t clutch, a mal wood or xtreme item with twin or triple plates) on an older style T56 from any holden that runs an LS engine (VS onwards i believe), price on this fantabulous piece of engineering will be coming sson, but in the meantime, i am able to supply bellhousings and input shafts(without bearings) for $350 each plus postage, and as soon as i find somewhere to buy the bearings from il be supplying the input shafts WITH bearings at no extra cost, already installed, and everyone that buys an input shaft witnhout a bearing will be sent one as soon as i get some in stock

il do both the input shaft and bellhousing for $650 plus postage

i can also install these items, set the preload/endplay on the input shaft and put the bellhousing on for you, if you bring the gearbox to me il do it for free

again if any of this interests you, feel free to send me a pm and we can work something out

cheers
Al

Gekko/bazzalong
Cruising

Postby BBQBurner » August 13th, 2012, 9:42 pm

HAha, only noticed because my old man has a courier.

Not a bad car really for a rebadged mazda. :grin:
I enjoy the symphony of mechanical harmony, :lol:

EL build thread :banghead:
Turbo DOHC (RUNNING) - AU front suspension (DONE) - AU IRS (DONE) - t56 (DONE) - xr kit - twinlights - a respray and what ever else i add to it in the end :D
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10623&p=207926#p207926
BBQBurner
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 19 times
Been Liked: 40 times

Postby Gekko/bazzalong » August 13th, 2012, 9:50 pm

very true, they are nearly as good as a hilux, and heaps better than a dunnydoore!

cheers
Al

Gekko/bazzalong
Cruising

Postby dannysebxr6 » August 15th, 2012, 7:12 pm

Hi Al,
just thought id ask, might sound stupid but anyways:
with the hydraulic setup will it fit the v8's as it will the 6's? As ive got a EF fairmont ghia v8 thats
manual and im very interested in your kit.
How does the slave cylinder fit to the clutch fork as i know they are only pics you've put up
but the hole in the clutch fork looks bigger than the slave rod.
Is this the case or is it just the pic being small?
sorry if it sounds stupid but would rather ask than not.

Cheers
Daniel
dannysebxr6
Spooling Up

Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 12 times

Postby Gekko/bazzalong » August 15th, 2012, 9:36 pm

Hi Daniel,

im always happy to answer questions, and mate there are no stupid questions

i beieve there to be no reason why this kit wouldnt fit a V8 T5, as far as i know the clutch forks are on the same side so there should be no difference in the kit, i would need to have a look at a manual v8 car to be sure but i dont think it would be a problem

with the clutch fork, we need to drill a hole to locate the slave rod,

not the best photo, but at the moment its the best i have, basically around 1 inch from the cable tab towards the gearbox, i drilled a hole big enough for the end of the rod to fit into with a little bit of slop (about 4mm) and then gave it a good chamfer so the rounded part of the rod had something to move in and gave it a lick of grease to stop binding, it sounds complicated but if i could get the photos off my phone it would make a bit more sense

feel free to ask any questions, i know theres a lot of things to consider when modifying your car, and im more than happy to help in anyway i can

cheers
Al

Gekko/bazzalong
Cruising

Postby Gekko/bazzalong » August 22nd, 2012, 9:54 pm

ok guys and gals, ive been in touch with my wrecker, he can get me T56's, prices arent as good as ebay but they are consistant, $2000 will score you one of these box's any day of the week.

among other things, im looking at making a shifter for the T56 that will have the stick in the factory location, as soon as i have a rough knock up il talk to my engineer and see what we cant come up with

cheers
Al

Gekko/bazzalong
Cruising

Postby OED666 » August 22nd, 2012, 10:18 pm

Al, what gearbox are you going to use, and for what model car? If you are using an LS1 T56, the input is too long.. The 4L bellhousing is 10mm shorter to start with, plus the input is longer.

Also, if you are wanting to change the input, people need to be warned that there is different synchro setups and tooth counts on inputs... All depends on which box you start with.

A shifter has already been made for an LS box to suit a box car as well...

OED666
Hitting N2O

1994 Ford Falcon

Postby Gekko/bazzalong » August 22nd, 2012, 10:45 pm

so that shifter will have the stick in the factory location, and no mods are needed to the trans tunnel at all? what are they worth?

im using a t56 out of a VY i believe, its a 1386-000-022, ive got a bellhousing and input from ford, the input has the same tooth count, and is the same diameter

the bf box runs a different synchro setup, hence the adaptor cone im having made

Gekko/bazzalong
Cruising

Postby OED666 » August 23rd, 2012, 9:25 am

This shifter is a replacement to fit a T56 with an LS rear case into E-Series, and VN-VS V8 Commodore. Shifter is $335. For the Fords, you need to trim about 25mm of the rear of the trans tunnel in order to get the transmission sitting high enough.

I'll post up a picture of the 022 and Ford inner hub and synchro setup... It hurts my head trying to think what you would have to do to fit the turbo input shaft. Why not just buy a TUET6000 input shaft. It is the correct length, just run a spigot bearing with a 15mm ID.. easy...

You will need a crossmember made on an angle as well.

OED666
Hitting N2O

1994 Ford Falcon

Postby DJV8T5 » August 23rd, 2012, 10:09 am

Hey Al, the clutch fork on the V8s comes out on the drivers side, not the passenger side like the 6s. Just so you don't get caught out on it.
DJV8T5
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 206 times
Been Liked: 79 times

Postby OED666 » August 23rd, 2012, 8:02 pm

Here are the photos of the synchros, and inner from the 3/4 hub.

The one on the left is an LS T56, and on the right is a Ford T56.

Showing the Ford synchro's together. Notice the dog ring diameter is different between the 2.

OED666
Hitting N2O

1994 Ford Falcon

Postby Gekko/bazzalong » August 23rd, 2012, 10:03 pm

cheers for that DJ, i havent had a chance to fiddle much with the V8 manuals yet

OED, thanks for the photos

cheers
Al

Gekko/bazzalong
Cruising

Postby OED666 » August 24th, 2012, 3:46 pm

No worries for the photos... I don't want to come across that I am an arsehole.. Just trying to shine some light on the subject, so that you don't go potentially spending $$$ on something that may not work. In saying that, without people like you who are prepared to look outside the dodecahedron, we would still be rubbing sticks together to light fires.

OED666
Hitting N2O

1994 Ford Falcon

Postby MAD » August 24th, 2012, 4:17 pm

Someone on Fordmods is also currently making their own hydraulic setup. That person found a master cylinder that is similar to the BA one, but much cheaper, on ebay UK.
Ebay item #290617215175. (comes to a touch over $40 inc delivery)
Don't know if it makes all that much difference but this one is cast iron, not plastic like the Ford one.
MAD
Cruising

Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Postby Gekko/bazzalong » August 24th, 2012, 9:49 pm

again thanks OED, thats why i havent agreed to sell them to anyone yet
i need to make sure anything i make works before i make it for anyone else, thats why i hadnt advertised the hydraulic setups previously

thanks for that MAD, thats not a bad looking slave, could make that work but itd require a different slave i think - it looks a bit narrower and would throw out the ratio i have, i wish the guy on fordmods good luck, if your talking to him let him know that im happy to help out if he has any questions or anything

still waiting to hear back from my engineer, probably a good thing i havent, im moving into my new house tomorrow

il update as soon as i know anything

cheers
Al

Gekko/bazzalong
Cruising

Postby MAD » August 24th, 2012, 10:23 pm

Gekko/bazzalong wrote:thanks for that MAD, thats not a bad looking slave, could make that work but itd require a different slave i think - it looks a bit narrower and would throw out the ratio i have, i wish the guy on fordmods good luck, if your talking to him let him know that im happy to help out if he has any questions or anything
No worries.
I've tried to find full specs on it but the best I can find is that it's a 19mm piston. I can't find stroke or overall dimensions.

I think he's just doing the under dash stuff to suit a T56, not doing the T5 stuff that you have.
MAD
Cruising

Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Postby WILLEBII » September 12th, 2012, 5:55 pm

Any updates??
WILLEBII
Cruising

Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Postby Gekko/bazzalong » September 12th, 2012, 9:33 pm

no updates as yet bud, my engineer is doing his thing and im still working on my shifter idea

i expect to get a call either this week or next

cheers
Al

Gekko/bazzalong
Cruising

Postby ef_falcon_95 » September 12th, 2012, 11:24 pm

I'm the guy on fordmods :drinks2:

I made my own shifter from a camaro . But the ls1 offset lever was to long so I shortened it and tig welded it back together , then welded on a small piece of flat bar for the reverse lock out solenoid .

Just have to make up a bracket to fit it under the dash , been busy with the turbo setup atm .

Also I did some research and a 93-04 11" mustang clutch fits perfectly on my 11" ba flywheel .

Ram 11" power grip clutch on flywheel , supports 550hp which is around 320-350rwkw

EL XR6, dark agents, bilstein shocks, extractors, 3" cat back , 5 speed, sunroof .

garret T04, 42lb injectors , 023, custom plenum.
ef_falcon_95
Cruising

Been Liked: 2 times

Postby Gekko/bazzalong » September 15th, 2012, 7:52 pm

ef_falcon, with that mustang clutch which input shaft are you using?

i looked at getting a mustang clutch and D&D input shaft but the input was still 1/4" too long and would need an extra spacer made for the bellhousing

let me know how you go, im extremely interested in what your doing there

cheers
Al

Gekko/bazzalong
Cruising

Postby ef_falcon_95 » September 15th, 2012, 8:12 pm

I'm using the vz ss 6 L box . Correct size input shaft . Tuet 6000
EL XR6, dark agents, bilstein shocks, extractors, 3" cat back , 5 speed, sunroof .

garret T04, 42lb injectors , 023, custom plenum.
ef_falcon_95
Cruising

Been Liked: 2 times

Postby OED666 » September 16th, 2012, 6:31 am

Make sure you fit the correct spigot bearing to suit the ls input shaft!

OED666
Hitting N2O

1994 Ford Falcon

Postby Gekko/bazzalong » October 16th, 2012, 7:33 pm

ok guys, i now have my adaptor, and im working on getting the box in in the next few weeks

when i get the box in il update agian and let you know ow its going

i have a rough price id be looking at selling them for, but at this point in time i cant guarentee it wont kill any box it goes into so im going to do all the test work and fix any shortcomings before i start selling them to ensure the standard is where i want it to be

cheers
Al

Gekko/bazzalong
Cruising

Postby WILLEBII » November 18th, 2012, 2:12 pm

updates??
WILLEBII
Cruising

Has Liked: 5 times
Been Liked: 3 times

Postby Gekko/bazzalong » November 26th, 2012, 7:55 pm

no updates as of yet champ, still working on getting things together at this point, slow process with my mrs being 8 months pregnant

cheers
Al

Gekko/bazzalong
Cruising

Postby Gekko/bazzalong » December 26th, 2012, 7:08 pm

ok ladies and gents, the t56 is in my car and i can say that the adaptor does its job, the box shifts into and out of fourth like it should and is doing everything else that i want it to

i will update my build thread with pictures and info soon

cheers
Al

Gekko/bazzalong
Cruising

Postby Gekko/bazzalong » December 26th, 2012, 7:18 pm

ok ladies and gents, the t56 is in my car and i can say that the adaptor does its job, the box shifts into and out of fourth like it should and is doing everything else that i want it to

i will update my build thread with pictures and info soon

cheers
Al

Gekko/bazzalong
Cruising

Next

Return to Commercial Traders