Dave's EL XR8

Post pics of your rides here

Re: Dave's EL XR8

Postby fordbaby » February 1st, 2008, 7:57 am

huh your making it down to all ford day woo hoo, i is happy now, i get to see ya car

why move to qld for anyway???? here is better cause we are all here lol and you will break jared's heart if you go and you dont want that hehe :P
fordbaby
Stickers
Stickers

Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Postby fordbaby » March 25th, 2008, 12:04 pm

hey davey dave :P
so hows ya car goin n how did it travel up to qld???
dont forget to let me know how much it cost for petrol :D
ohh do ya still need those lil clip things for ya head rests, if so ill get ya some to fix the head rests then you can join max n jared doin some skids at the wedding :P
when are ya comin back to see us, WE MISS YOU :cry: :D
fordbaby
Stickers
Stickers

Postby EL XR8 » March 26th, 2008, 10:38 pm

Hahaha.  You're a funny girl Kristy!Yeah the car made it up here fine.  Had to try and dodge all the potholes on the way up.  There were a couple that would've ended the trip right then and there if i hit them.  God damn FR's and Ultra's!
The car was actually alrightno fuel on the way up. Only used about 11l per 100km. Worked out to about $350ish which i was happy enough with.
If you've got those head rest clip thingo's i definately still need some, so that would be awesome!
I can't say i've ever heard a Bride saying to do some skids at her own wedding before. Kind of amusing though!
I should be back for the engagement party, unless work up here goes stupid or something...

I miss you too...haha
Actually i just miss people (Victorians) who actually know how to tastefuly modify cars. I swear the only tough looking cars i've seen up here have been some LS1/2's and only a couple of imports. No ones else up here has any taste, the cars all look fucking disgusting.
Plus dickheads in any car at all will try and run ya. haha. They're funny **** though!
Blown EL XR8
Supercharged 2011 RXT-X 260 jetski
EL XR8
Spooling Up

Has Liked: 0 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Postby Fairmont888 » March 26th, 2008, 11:09 pm

EL XR8 wrote:the cars all look fucking disgusting. Plus dickheads in any car at all will try and run ya. haha. They're funny **** though!

most accurate statement ive read about QLD, i moved up from SA and you really notice 99% of people drive like dickheads by tailgating constantly etc.
FOR.0EL on the subject of sex with virgins wrote: i would rather wake up from a dream of a chick licking my nuts, and its actually my cat
Fairmont888
Spooling Up

Been Liked: 3 times

Postby EL XR8 » March 26th, 2008, 11:58 pm

Yeah thats it. I mean i live on the Gold Coast Hwy, and the amount of knobs flying around in shitboxes looking like they think their shit doesnt stink is unbelievable. I've nearly gone downstairs and started the XR and gone and shown them not to bother.
Like there's some good looking cars (**** all, but some). But i don't reckon i've seen any TOUGH cars around here yet! Some quick ones look like an abortion, so they're never gonna fit in the tough category ever. But they're fucking everywhere in Vic.
Hopefully my opinion will change given more time! :P But its a bad start so far.
Blown EL XR8
EL XR8
Spooling Up

Postby Fairmont888 » March 27th, 2008, 12:03 am

EL XR8 wrote:Yeah thats it. I mean i live on the Gold Coast Hwy, and the amount of knobs flying around in shitboxes looking like they think their shit doesnt stink is unbelievable. I've nearly gone downstairs and started the XR and gone and shown them not to bother.
Like there's some good looking cars (**** all, but some). But i don't reckon i've seen any TOUGH cars around here yet! Some quick ones look like an abortion, so they're never gonna fit in the tough category ever. But they're fucking everywhere in Vic.
Hopefully my opinion will change given more time! :P But its a bad start so far.

haha yeah.. ohh well.. ive lived on the gold coast since the start of 2006 and i still dont think ive seen a car thats really impressed me, i see a shitload of guys in shitbox old commodores who constantly try to drag me, and pulsars etc with bloody cannons that give me the shits. anyway.. you need to come on the next cruise so i can see your car :P
FOR.0EL on the subject of sex with virgins wrote: i would rather wake up from a dream of a chick licking my nuts, and its actually my cat
Fairmont888
Spooling Up

Postby braiden » March 27th, 2008, 2:12 am

That's fucking hot. Top shit cobber.
BF MkI XR6T

Lockie wrote:You can't speak English good because you came here on a leaking door!
braiden
Spooling Up

Been Liked: 0 time

Postby fordbaby » March 27th, 2008, 7:29 am

sweet im a funny girl dave says :P :P
i can just picture ya know dodging all these pot holes. bloody crap roads!!!
hell yeah as if im not gonna want burn outs either before or after the wedding. it may have to be after so john can attend. ill hang out of the sun roof while ya doing some skiddies :D
yup for sure we will go get some of the clips for ya head rests.
i was expecting ya to say it was about $500 in petrol to get there. how long did it take ya to get there?
well ill finish of by saying ya know ya car is hot hot hot and it will still be my car one day :P and we will see ya in 16 days :D
fordbaby
Stickers
Stickers

Postby Eb Barbie » March 27th, 2008, 7:43 am

fordbaby wrote:hell yeah as if im not gonna want burn outs either before or after the wedding. it may have to be after so john can attend.

And so he isnt smelly during the ceremony Lol
Past: EB Falcon Turbo
Now: AU Fairlane V8
Eb Barbie
Hitting N2O

Has Liked: 106 times
Been Liked: 71 times

Postby Commando » March 27th, 2008, 8:33 am

11L/100kms, not bad at all! Good to know you made it without accumulating any battlescars.
Previous: 1982 XE GL 3.3: 5 speed | 1991 EB Ghia 5.0: Vortech, Tiptronic, 4.11s, 232rwkw | 1995 EF GLi 4.0 wagon: LPG | 2006 BF Fairmont 4.0: JTG LiLPG
Now: 2016 Hilux SR HiRider
Commando

Has Liked: 110 times
Been Liked: 516 times

2006 Ford Fairmont

Postby Bipolar » March 27th, 2008, 2:20 pm

We need to have a cruise down your way so you've got no excuse not to come :D

The only thing about that is I think my EL will look shit sitting next to yours.
RBKILA wrote:yes im sure 99% of the hate is just jealousy from morons.
the same sort of people you see at bathurst, wearing all the hrt gear and then you see them get into a camry in the car park lol
Bipolar

Has Liked: 741 times
Been Liked: 225 times

1997 Ford Falcon

Postby Steady » March 27th, 2008, 2:37 pm

Nah his ELs fair ratty, all his FRs are buckled :P LOL
Steady
Breaking Intake Welds

Has Liked: 1 time
Been Liked: 10 times

1993 Ford XR8 Sprint

Postby Fairmont888 » March 27th, 2008, 2:41 pm

Bipolar wrote:We need to have a cruise down your way so you've got no excuse not to come :D

The only thing about that is I think my EL will look shit sitting next to yours.

lol.. that means mine is screwed... because mine looks shit compared to yours bipolar.. so id say probably 3 times (possibly 4 :) ) shitter compared to daves lol :( ahh well.. put them all together and take pics FTW!!!
Fairmont888
Spooling Up

Postby Eb Barbie » March 27th, 2008, 2:57 pm

We all know Daves car is mint, but who cares. Have a meet up and get pics already!! :) If us melbourners come up for powercruise we gotta have a massive meet up so we can meet you all :D
Eb Barbie
Hitting N2O

Postby Bipolar » March 27th, 2008, 5:11 pm

For shizzle. Boxcars always seem to dominate up here.
RBKILA wrote:yes im sure 99% of the hate is just jealousy from morons.
the same sort of people you see at bathurst, wearing all the hrt gear and then you see them get into a camry in the car park lol
Bipolar

Has Liked: 741 times
Been Liked: 225 times

1997 Ford Falcon

Postby EL XR8 » March 27th, 2008, 10:16 pm

Cheers guys.Yeah the car made it up here alright, and got pretty good economy.  Well i was happy enough with it.  Took 2 days to get up here.  Well did one long day the first day, then only 5-6 hours the 2nd day.Kristy, if someone can get a pics of the bride with her head out of my sunroof, i'll bag up the FR's for ages!Beth, tyre smoke smells good  :)   If cigarettes smelt like tyres do when they're burning, i may have considered smoking at some time! hahaI'll be up for a meet/cruise/whatever, whenever you guys are gonna have one.  Add another EL to keep the boxcar numbers in check.  :P Laugh it up Jared!  Wait till you get urs on the Sprint!  Then i'll see you cry when you hit a pothole... or just swear your head off like i do.WTF is up, i can't start writing on a new line, or fix this shit!  Kristy get ur fiance to get onto this.  :P
Blown EL XR8
EL XR8
Spooling Up

Postby EFFalcon » March 28th, 2008, 7:46 am

what am i getting onto?
u can't type on a new line.. don't look at me.
works fine for everyone else :P
get a new enter key!
1995 Falcon GLi | 1997 EL GT | 1995 Falcon Futura | 1983 Thunderbird Heritage | 2003 Fairmont Ghia
EFFalcon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Has Liked: 26 times
Been Liked: 765 times

1995 Ford Falcon

Postby fordbaby » March 28th, 2008, 9:17 am

yeah john hurry up and fix the problem for dave :P

haha as if you would get angry and swear dave, no way :lol:
sweet ill make sure one of the bridesmaids get a pic of me hanging out the sunroof while ya doing burnouts then. and hell yeah the smell of rubber is good stuff :D
fordbaby
Stickers
Stickers

Postby EL XR8 » March 28th, 2008, 9:52 am

LOL, yeah i thought i was going stupid too.  But it's all written up alright but once i submit it, it goes all fucked up.Oh well, doesn't really bother me, its just a pain to read.
Kristy, get the bridemaids in the back of the car hanging out too! :D haha
Blown EL XR8
EL XR8
Spooling Up

Postby fordbaby » March 28th, 2008, 10:39 am

haha dave, you just want all the chicks in ya car :P
nah im sure we can arrange something awesome.

we can have a practice after the engagement party, minus your el, you can just use my car
fordbaby
Stickers
Stickers

Postby Eb Barbie » March 28th, 2008, 12:44 pm

fordbaby wrote:haha dave, you just want all the chicks in ya car :P
nah im sure we can arrange something awesome.

we can have a practice after the engagement party, minus your el, you can just use my car

And minus the sunroof :P Im sure there will be plenty of people with cameras on the day to take snap shots for ya! Would be an awesum wedding pic :)
Eb Barbie
Hitting N2O

Postby fordbaby » April 8th, 2008, 4:15 pm

dave, dave, dave, dave :P
so how is my future car coming along lol??????
i bet it's been getting so much attention up there.

200 days to go till i get to hang out of the sunroof woo hoo
fordbaby
Stickers
Stickers

Postby EL XR8 » April 8th, 2008, 10:11 pm

It's still in one piece Kristy!

I gotta fix up 2 wheels, cause one got a little buckle ages ago from my old man. Another one happened at the Nats.

Yeah there's been a few people breaking their necks to have a look at the front bar, once they've seen the plates.
It's quite amusing, but sad, no one back in Melb, really notices it that much, but up here it ridiculous.

It'll be right in 200 days! Sounds a bit closer than i thought! haha
You guys can do what you please in it, hang out the sunroof, rip some skids, whatever...
Blown EL XR8
EL XR8
Spooling Up

Postby Fairmont888 » April 8th, 2008, 10:20 pm

where abouts do you live up here on the coast??? is it near miami etc?? (thats the only place i actually know over that way)
Fairmont888
Spooling Up

Postby EL XR8 » April 8th, 2008, 10:23 pm

Yeah really close to Miami, i'm in Burleigh, on the Gold Coast Hwy.  So only 2 mins up the road to Miami.

Wherabouts do you live, you said before you were Northern Gold Coast yeah?
Blown EL XR8
EL XR8
Spooling Up

Postby Fairmont888 » April 8th, 2008, 10:26 pm

in Arundel next to southport.. explains why i havent seen your car around
Fairmont888
Spooling Up

Postby EL XR8 » April 8th, 2008, 10:32 pm

Yeah cool, thats not too far up from here.I've been up the Pacific Hwy and down the Gold Coast Hwy a couple of times.  I'm up the spit a fair bit, launching the jetski.  But yeah, haven't been out a huge amount up your way though.  I'll have to keep any eye out for you when i'm up that way.

I'll be out on a Formods cruise this Sat, i know that for sure.
Blown EL XR8
EL XR8
Spooling Up

Postby Fairmont888 » April 8th, 2008, 10:39 pm

yeh if i see you driving around ill try and say hey.. chances are you wont see my car around much well not the way its been lately anyway, it spends most of its time at the GC tafe in ashmore or harbour town :D havent really done much driving lately, but yeah if i see you ill try and say hey without running you off the road :D lol.
Fairmont888
Spooling Up

Postby EL XR8 » April 8th, 2008, 10:45 pm

Hahaha, yeah all good mate.

I'll probably look at you weird for a second, and then twig who it could be waving and so on... haha
Blown EL XR8
EL XR8
Spooling Up

Postby Fairmont888 » April 8th, 2008, 10:56 pm

lol ill be the one hanging out the window drooling over your car while endangering lives by not watching where im going. the only thing that might help you a bit is the boosted stickers on the rear quarters, anyway you can have your thread back now :P
Fairmont888
Spooling Up

Postby XRated » October 9th, 2008, 9:19 pm

Hey bloke, have you done anything to this in the past few months? Won't hurt to resurrect a thread with such a beautiful looking E-Series anyway!
Golf GTI

BLCKED wrote:the name means the rms FAIL
have you seen my stereo? FAIL
XRated
Breaking Traction

Postby EL XR8 » October 11th, 2008, 6:49 am

Hey mate, nah not a lot really.
Kinda over spending a lot of money on it, trying to save for a house.
Just trying to setup the stereo atm. Its a mess atm, but working really well. Need to spend some more time to clean it up and make it look half decent.
Apart from that though. Not a lot has changed. It's a shame but there's not a lot else i really want to do it atm. More power is probably the only thing i'd like to change, but it steps up another level trying to get too much more power out of it.
Blown EL XR8
EL XR8
Spooling Up

Postby someLS1 » October 11th, 2008, 9:38 am

Dave your car is decent doesnt need anymore money spent on it i reackon unless something breaks lol... post some new pics of it on the nice qld beach somewhere
-Black VZ Calais 5.7ltr V8, cammed, stalled, built auto, 3.7s trutrac, FR19s and the rest. - 270rwkw 1/4 12.7 @ 112mph

-ENVI Green 04 BA XR6T ute, hardlid, 20s, bigger injectors, fuel pump, bigger cooler, dose pipe! dyno tune - 236rwkw
someLS1
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 51 times
Been Liked: 64 times

Postby EL XR8 » October 12th, 2008, 9:16 am

Cheers Max. Thats pretty well how i see it. Unless i spend big money for huge power, there's not much else apart from cleaning a few things up a bit that i want to do. It's a waste of money, when cars like yours and Jared's run pretty well close to my times now, with hardly any mods.

The thing still gets so many comments from Commodore drivers and looks from other drivers when its out and about. It seems pretty well received.
Blown EL XR8
EL XR8
Spooling Up

Postby dcstraight » October 12th, 2008, 9:31 am

Nice one Dave - as Max said, get some cool pics with hot 'kini girlies all over it at a beach somewhere "P

Reckon you'll be down for Geelong come Feb ?
EL Fairmont Ghia Sparkler by Tickford aka Mr Sparkle
dcstraight
Spooling Up

Location: In Melbourne Interior: FBT Cappucino Exterior: Sparkling Burgundy
Has Liked: 72 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Postby EL XR8 » October 12th, 2008, 1:20 pm

I should clean it up and drop it over the beach now.  There's some chick's Billabong surf thingo on.
Only problem is, if i get some of those girls posing on the car, i think i'll end up jail!  lol

Not sure about Geelong for Feb next year though Steve.  I'd like to, but its an expensive and time consuming trip down there.  Hopefully i can, but i doubt it as it stands atm.

How's the Sparkler coming along.  I haven't seen or heard of it in ages?
Blown EL XR8
EL XR8
Spooling Up

Postby EFFalcon » October 13th, 2008, 7:49 am

i'll take some photos when i'm driving it in a few weeks :P
1995 Falcon GLi | 1997 EL GT | 1995 Falcon Futura | 1983 Thunderbird Heritage | 2003 Fairmont Ghia
EFFalcon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Has Liked: 26 times
Been Liked: 765 times

1995 Ford Falcon

Postby fordbaby » October 13th, 2008, 8:01 am

you wish your driving it :P

well ya know i love ya car as it is so just leave as is and spend money on other things maybe
fordbaby
Stickers
Stickers

Postby dcstraight » October 13th, 2008, 10:02 am

Dave the PDF file wrote:I should clean it up and drop it over the beach now.  There's some chick's Billabong surf thingo on.
Only problem is, if i get some of those girls posing on the car, i think i'll end up jail!  lol

haha - surely it'd be worth it :P

EL XR8 wrote:Not sure about Geelong for Feb next year though Steve.  I'd like to, but its an expensive and time consuming trip down there.  Hopefully i can, but i doubt it as it stands atm.

Yeah it's a farken long way...just figured you'd miss hanging out with the cool kids down here lol

EL XR8 wrote:How's the Sparkler coming along.  I haven't seen or heard of it in ages?

Not too bad mate - hopefully have some more goodness about it soon ;)
EL Fairmont Ghia Sparkler by Tickford aka Mr Sparkle
dcstraight
Spooling Up

Location: In Melbourne Interior: FBT Cappucino Exterior: Sparkling Burgundy
Has Liked: 72 times
Been Liked: 19 times

Postby EL XR8 » October 13th, 2008, 3:29 pm

LOL, it'll be all clean and ready to go when you pick it up John, and of course Kristy.
Yeah a house is on the card atm, as well as an overseas trip if i can too. So the car and bike and jetski stay in their current modified state, which i'm happy enough with all of them.

Yeah i do kinda miss catching up with the usual gang, and hanging out on a cruise.
So we'll have to wait and see exactly what's happening then, huh Steve? Sneaky bloke! :)
Blown EL XR8
EL XR8
Spooling Up

PreviousNext

Return to The Showroom