Tickford Eb S XR6

Post pics of your rides here

Tickford Eb S XR6

Postby serial_fool » November 24th, 2007, 7:18 pm

Hey,

Just wanna let you blokes know I just bought myself a 1992 EB S XR6 for $3500 with registration until May 08. Its a pre smartlock model with a factory T5 gearbox, cruise, dark blue in colour and 240,000 Kms on the clock. Known problems are rocker cover cracked (got a standard 4.0 one for replacement), U joint on the tailshaft clicking, faded rear spoiler + cruise buttons + centre console and a cracked plastic plate below the gear boot.

Interior is pretty good for a 15 year old car with only the fades and crack mentioned above faulting it. Going to be working on fixing some of these problems tomorrow, with attaching a aluminium tailshaft i salvaged from a EB police special, reviving the faded buttons/ console and repairing cracks to the plate under the gear boot.

I'm friggen over the moon with this.

Pictures will added tomorrow- with vengence.
Now Lead tester/cheap labour for the South East divison of Hillbilly Performance Vehicles. PM me for a set of 2nd hand leads, dirty air filters and other assorted hick automotive needs.
serial_fool
Spooling Up

Has Liked: 0 time
Been Liked: 2 times

Re: Tickford Eb S XR6

Postby serial_fool » November 26th, 2007, 11:22 pm

Righto,

On the account of our digital camera now being utterly FARKED i'll be bringing you some quality motorolla V3 pictures of my XR.

My bro and I replaced the cracked rocker cover with a stock 4.0, but not before a respray in some canned tupac red.

(dont mind the intake snorkle not fitted- thats a before shot of it being cleaned.
Now Lead tester/cheap labour for the South East divison of Hillbilly Performance Vehicles. PM me for a set of 2nd hand leads, dirty air filters and other assorted hick automotive needs.
serial_fool
Spooling Up

Postby Commando » November 27th, 2007, 7:20 am

Nice pickup :D

I would've thought the XR6s (even the very first S-XR6) would've had the aluminium tailshaft fitted already?
Previous: 1982 XE GL 3.3: 5 speed | 1991 EB Ghia 5.0: Vortech, Tiptronic, 4.11s, 232rwkw | 1995 EF GLi 4.0 wagon: LPG | 2006 BF Fairmont 4.0: JTG LiLPG
Now: 2016 Hilux SR HiRider
Commando

Has Liked: 110 times
Been Liked: 516 times

2006 Ford Fairmont

Postby serial_fool » November 27th, 2007, 5:45 pm

Nah we just had a look and it was the diff, someone must of put automatic gearbox oil in it because it was thin as piss. Filled her up with some new stuff and went for a drive.... its alot better.

Maybe someone else can confirm EB XR6s with aluminium tailshafts?
serial_fool
Spooling Up

Return to The Showroom