The Ev-olution continues - more lol's within

Post pics of your rides here

Re: The Ev-olution continues - more lol's within

Postby ClassicAU » October 14th, 2014, 5:46 am

Sif stupid, best evar! :cool: Better than the silly vacuum-cleaner-with-a-cold turbo's that I drove! At least this thing has some personality! Wait and see how this beast turns out! Hanging to get the zorst, I miss the Windsor mintness! This shitty single is way too quiet.
3C Volkswagen Passat 130TDi Highline Special Model - Candy White, 17's, DSG, Bi-Xenon lights, Euro lux!

*laughs maniacally* “I can do burnouts every day for the rest of my life and I'd never get sick of it! They're always awesome!” - Mike Musto
ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 109 times

Postby Commando » October 14th, 2014, 6:35 am

You should put it on SVI so you spend money to save money and then complain about top-end performance and extra weight in the back.
Previous: 1982 XE GL 3.3: 5 speed | 1991 EB Ghia 5.0: Vortech, Tiptronic, 4.11s, 232rwkw | 1995 EF GLi 4.0 wagon: LPG | 2006 BF Fairmont 4.0: JTG LiLPG
Now: 2016 Hilux SR HiRider
Commando

Has Liked: 110 times
Been Liked: 516 times

2006 Ford Fairmont

Postby ClassicAU » October 14th, 2014, 7:09 am

Nup, ain't nothing saving money about this thing! I have given up trying to care, just want what I want. Windsor awesomeness ftw! :cool:
3C Volkswagen Passat 130TDi Highline Special Model - Candy White, 17's, DSG, Bi-Xenon lights, Euro lux!

*laughs maniacally* “I can do burnouts every day for the rest of my life and I'd never get sick of it! They're always awesome!” - Mike Musto
ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby Bipolar » October 14th, 2014, 1:42 pm : Sunboost Likes this post

I know what year this is.

Bipolar

Has Liked: 741 times
Been Liked: 225 times

1997 Ford Falcon

Postby the sam » October 14th, 2014, 1:52 pm

So you chose this over boost?

:banghead:

Ah well, makes for some interesting reading!
Cheers

Sam
the sam
Idling

Has Liked: 71 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Postby NUT347 » October 14th, 2014, 6:08 pm : Rollin Likes this post

Anyone that thinks driving an NA V8 is better then a turbo 6 is either:

Driving a 10 second NA V8

Gay as ****.
NUT347
Melting Pistons

Has Liked: 911 times
Been Liked: 1254 times

Postby ClassicAU » October 14th, 2014, 6:14 pm

When did I say I turned down boost? I simply said I passed on turbo! Boost is most definitely still on the cards! :cool:

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby Parfrey » October 14th, 2014, 10:22 pm : wombi90 Likes this post

Ah I didn't expect anything else from this thread, going as normal lol.

Every time I jump in my dads AU XR8 I think 'ah cool tuff exhaust note...' then I spend the rest of the drive waiting for it to hit boost lol. NA life!
FG GT335 Tune only 376rwkw
GU Patrol TD42t @30psi
Parfrey
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 82 times
Been Liked: 131 times

Postby Sunboost » October 14th, 2014, 10:30 pm : wombi90 Likes this post

I don't think I've ever liked so many posts in one thread.
Edge FG G6ET 50th Anniversary
Vixen BF F6 R-Spec
Sunboost

Has Liked: 98 times
Been Liked: 471 times

Postby ClassicAU » October 15th, 2014, 7:16 am

You know what else I am discovering is awesome, having to decide which car to take to work! Today I felt lazy, so the XR8 stayed tucked up in the carpark at home! :lol:

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby wicksy » October 15th, 2014, 9:40 am

omg
wicksy
Full Boost

Has Liked: 137 times
Been Liked: 55 times

Postby ClassicAU » October 16th, 2014, 7:33 am

Having two cars that I can actually stand driving is a new experience for me! :lol:

Anyway, my new Exedy clutch arrived yesterday. So I will be dropping off the XR8 off along with my new clutch and harmonic balancer on Saturday and leaving it there till it’s all fitted and the car has been given the a-ok! Then exhaust, then msd coils, leads and new plugs, then maybe a dyno tune, then diff if I have enough cash left. Then skids!

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby Commando » October 16th, 2014, 10:05 am : Bipolar Likes this post

You know that Industry Super Funds advert where the bankers get the customers to sign up to something and then cashmoney appears in the bankers' hands? You're like the woman at the end of that ad with that really, *really* bad smile, except you're still handing over the cash.

Is iCER teaching you all of his bad habits Ev?
Previous: 1982 XE GL 3.3: 5 speed | 1991 EB Ghia 5.0: Vortech, Tiptronic, 4.11s, 232rwkw | 1995 EF GLi 4.0 wagon: LPG | 2006 BF Fairmont 4.0: JTG LiLPG
Commando

2006 Ford Fairmont

Postby SnyperEB » October 16th, 2014, 3:28 pm

lol this thread never fails to deliver. :drinks2:
[EBGLT]
SnyperEB
Shooting Flames

Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 105 times

Postby ClassicAU » October 16th, 2014, 3:31 pm

If I had the knowledge/skills/space to do shit myself, then I would. But I don't, so I just keep the Aussie aftermarket economy in business! :lol:

Also, comparing me to iCER is a liitle harsh! At least I admit I am stupid! :P

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby ClassicAU » October 22nd, 2014, 11:44 am

Got the XR8 back from my mechanic, drives heaps smother now! New clutch and harmonic balancer installed, as well as new gearbox mounts. Everything else checked out sweet. According to my mechanic, the issue related to excessive engine bay heat is being caused by the cats and exhaust. The cats that are on there are too small and of the wrong type, and have been welded directly to the headers, with the flanges removed. So they are sitting too far forward towards the motor. Also the rest of the system is a shitty small single. So I have booked it in with my exhaust place mid next month for new cats and a custom twin 2.25” system. Hanging to get it done, but that’s the earliest they can fit me in.

Other than that, still deciding what I want to do with the diff. There are a couple of other things I would like also, like a quick shifter for the T5, coils and leads, and a new suspension setup. No liking the kings, ride sucks on anything other than smooth road. Oh and an XCal box so I can get it tuned!

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby EBOOST » October 22nd, 2014, 1:01 pm

Get an mgw shifter.
And a comp xe270hr-12 and valve springs.
Then the tune
Get Stroked!!
AU Stroked 5.6L Ghia.
EBOOST
Hitting N2O

Has Liked: 437 times
Been Liked: 93 times

Postby Rollin » October 22nd, 2014, 1:25 pm

Leave the springs alone, just get decent shocks and it will fix the crap ride.

Monroe GT Sport are surprisingly good for ride in the back of gloria, or you could try bilstine or similar if you were after a more thrash oriented setup.

Look at your car. Now back to mine. Now back to yours. Now back to mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine. But if you stopped buying dodgy cars and bought an ED, yours could be like mine. Look down. Back up. Where are you? ...You're on BoostedFalcon, reading the signature your signature could be like! Anything is possible when your car looks like my car... I'm on a computer.
Rollin
Melting Pistons

Location: Brisbane - Driving around in a metal and glass case of emotion!
Has Liked: 327 times
Been Liked: 751 times

1994 Ford Falcon

Postby Rollin » October 22nd, 2014, 1:26 pm

+1 for MGW shifter too.

I've not used one on a T5 but the one on my 6 speed was BLISS.

Look at your car. Now back to mine. Now back to yours. Now back to mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine. But if you stopped buying dodgy cars and bought an ED, yours could be like mine. Look down. Back up. Where are you? ...You're on BoostedFalcon, reading the signature your signature could be like! Anything is possible when your car looks like my car... I'm on a computer.
Rollin
Melting Pistons

1994 Ford Falcon

Postby EBOOST » October 22nd, 2014, 7:58 pm

I've used like 4 different other brands and mgw is by far the best.
Get koni yellows or go all out and get xyz coilovers.
Get Stroked!!
AU Stroked 5.6L Ghia.
EBOOST
Hitting N2O

Postby apoc » October 22nd, 2014, 9:00 pm

I've just ordered an MGW one, might take a few weeks to get here. Will let you know if you can wait that long ;)
1974 XB GT here, 1975 XB GT, 1972 XA GT, 1970 Mach 1 Mustang, 1946 Jailbar, 1983 XE GL, KTM 200EXC, XT500SM & various wrecks
EB Falcon, AU2 XR8, AU3 XR6 here
1992 Nissan Patrol - 2" lift, 33s, TB42e, LPG here
2014 FG GT 335 - Silhouette, ZF here
apoc
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 136 times
Been Liked: 100 times

1992 Ford Falcon

Postby nstg8a » October 22nd, 2014, 9:08 pm

Get onto Justin and get some Sachs shocks, I running them in the fairlane and they're bloody awesome.

Cost was pretty reasonable.
nstg8a
Hitting N2O

Has Liked: 541 times
Been Liked: 208 times

1999 Ford Fairlane

Postby ClassicAU » October 23rd, 2014, 11:51 am

Cheers fellas!

I will have to double check, but I believe it already has Monroe shocks in it. However I am sure they are quite old, and would be due for replacing anyway. Although the idea of coilovers sounds awesome, I guess I am safe to assume they would make the ride even worse? I had no problem with the Pedders setup I had in the red one, pretty sure it was a sports rider kit, XR height. Those and a couple of sway bars would be sweet. That is not exactly my main focus at the moment though.

Anyone got a link or something to pick up one of those MGW’s? Just off eBay?

A cam would also be awesome, but I don’t want to turn this thing into a pig to drive.

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby EBOOST » October 23rd, 2014, 12:18 pm

Mine drives normal besides the lokka.

Mgw.com and mine took about 7-8 working days to arrive.
Get Stroked!!
AU Stroked 5.6L Ghia.
EBOOST
Hitting N2O

Postby Rollin » October 23rd, 2014, 10:12 pm : nstg8a Likes this post

Correctly matched springs and shocks will give you a good ride regardless - is kinda only the degree of firmness that changes.

Bit hard to explain but if you have a ride on a car that has good coilovers or whatever you'll think "wow this is pretty firm but it steers really nicely and feels good".

On a car with incorrectly matched springs and shocks - even with soft springs - you'll think "this car feels shit".

In my experience there is a big difference between Monroe GT Gas and GT Sport btw.

They're good for cheap shocks, I'm sure sachs or whatever would be better off course. Just depends on how much you want to spend.

Rollin
Melting Pistons

1994 Ford Falcon

Postby ClassicAU » October 27th, 2014, 6:02 am

Cheers Dan, muchos appreciato!! I think I will check out the Monroes. Later though, other things first.

Speaking of which, my tax finally came though! So it will be coils and leads first, Then one of those quick shifters. The exhaust is booked for the 12th of next month. I'll also start ringing around for the diff. Anyone have any places they recommend?

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby ClassicAU » October 30th, 2014, 7:36 pm

Coils and leads got here today. Swapped out the coils this arvo, and looks like the leads that are on there are in decent nick. So I decided to leave them till a later date. Also discovered it has decent nick Iridium plugs too! :P Rang a few diff places, and was recommended to go True Track over KAAZ every time, so I will! Not sure if I can fit it in before the new year though, one place was booked out, and I am working most of the way through anyway. Picking up an SCT X3 tuner device next week as well, just because!

Also got the plates swapped over to my own ones. Don't suppose anyone wants to buy the AU3220 places? :lol:

Edit: Oh yeah, and the SR munted the oil pressure sender and is pissing oil all over the place. So now I can no longer daily my daily, and have to drive the XR8 to work. #firstworldproblems :-(

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby Parfrey » October 30th, 2014, 10:05 pm : Bipolar Likes this post

2 AU's #thirdworldproblems..... :grin:
FG GT335 Tune only 376rwkw
GU Patrol TD42t @30psi
Parfrey
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 82 times
Been Liked: 131 times

Postby Commando » October 31st, 2014, 6:54 am : Bipolar Likes this post

I see "AU3220" but I read "Ouzo"
Commando

2006 Ford Fairmont

Postby ClassicAU » October 31st, 2014, 7:44 am

LOL, know any old wogs that might be interested in the plates Dave? :lol:

It’s at least second world, owning only multiple e-series would be third world! :epicfight:

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby Commando » October 31st, 2014, 9:04 am : Parfrey Likes this post

My mate drove his AU to the RAAF base yesterday where we were doing site work.

Despite the heightened security, they're still OK with anyone bringing a bomb on site.

:drinks2: ;) :lol: :wave: :roll: :cool: :mrgreen: :good: :thumbsup: :yahoo: :write: :rotfl: :clapping:

Can you tell I'm gagging for the long weekend?
Commando

2006 Ford Fairmont

Postby Bipolar » October 31st, 2014, 12:22 pm : Commando Likes this post

Commando wrote:Can you tell I'm gagging...

hu hu hu hu
Bipolar

Has Liked: 741 times
Been Liked: 225 times

1997 Ford Falcon

Postby nothin suss » November 7th, 2014, 12:09 am : NUT347 Likes this post

Oh Ev.
BF2 DLPG Wagon - daily duties
BF Fairlong Ghia - ED Sprint
nothin suss
Full Boost

Has Liked: 223 times
Been Liked: 90 times

Postby ClassicAU » November 13th, 2014, 7:31 am

Got the zorst sorted yesterday. New 200 cell stainless cats, and a custom twin 2.25" system with two nice reverse flow muffles and straight tail pipes. It has completely transformed the car! More response all over the rev range, now the thing can actually breathe! Not to mention it now sounds like a V8. So I'm loving it!! :cool:

Next thing on the agenda is suspension. I've decided to push the diff down the list, because let's face it, I only want a new one to do skids. So I will be raising the thing back to around XR height, as I already scratched the new exhaust snatching the bitumen! Probably just going to go with Pedders sports ryder because I'm lazy and love throwing money away. :P Unless anyone knows any decent suspension places that wont rip me off out here in the south east?

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby EFFalcon » November 13th, 2014, 7:39 am

Phat Guard rolling does lowering, supply and fit.

contact Pete.
EFFalcon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Has Liked: 26 times
Been Liked: 765 times

1995 Ford Falcon

Postby justa6 » November 13th, 2014, 10:21 am : nothin suss Likes this post

Scratched exhaust! Sounds like it is the right height now.
manley rods, sps pistons, billet surecam, gt4202r 1.15, 6boost manifold, 60mm gate, 4" exhaust, nizpro plenum, 80mm throttle body, bosch 2000cc injectors, 2x044, -8 fuel line, standard fuel rail modified -8 in-out. c4 box 3000 stall, standard diff with 31 spline axles, full spool.
477rwkw 24psi. 9.80 @ 145mph
justa6
Full Boost

Has Liked: 88 times
Been Liked: 525 times

1999 Ford xr6 ute

Postby ClassicAU » November 13th, 2014, 11:12 am

The scratched exhaust was no good, but I am more concerned with the poor handling and crap ride! It has King springs at the moment, and they are way too solid for me. It skips around on anything other than smooth road. It is kind of wasting the awesomeness that is AU IRS, so I'd rather lift it back up.

Didn't realise Pete had expanded the business! Might have to give him a call!

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby ClassicAU » January 6th, 2015, 10:44 am

So, done nothing about the suspension or stock shifter yet. Put a new radiator and accompanying hoses in it yesterday. This is in preparation for tomorrow, as I have booked it in with Dion at Dynomite for a tune! Probably a waste of time and money, but then isn't everything I do the same! :lol: I am going to be realistic and say if it ends up with anything over 160rwkw I will be happy.

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby EBOOST » January 6th, 2015, 5:58 pm : nstg8a Likes this post

Why haven't you fitted the raptor kit yet?
Get Stroked!!
AU Stroked 5.6L Ghia.
EBOOST
Hitting N2O

Postby ClassicAU » January 7th, 2015, 11:24 am : FTW-302 Likes this post

Ha! Don't think anyone is buying it mate! :lol:

Anyway, done at Dion's already. Pretty happy with the results. The gain was not as much as I though, but it's a healthier engine than I gave it credit for. Base was 168rwkW and end was peak of 179rwkW. However the biggest gain was the torque, as it picked up 40nm in the mid range with a peak of 484nm after the tune. Probably not much, but enough to clean up the tune and hopefully the motor will last a bit longer. I'll have to wait till later to check the bum-o-meter as it's already like 33 degrees outside!

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

PreviousNext

Return to The Showroom