The Ev-olution continues - more lol's within

Post pics of your rides here

Re: The Ev-olution continues - more lol's within

Postby apoc » January 7th, 2015, 3:59 pm

What tuning stuff does he use? Sct?
1974 XB GT here, 1975 XB GT, 1972 XA GT, 1970 Mach 1 Mustang, 1946 Jailbar, 1983 XE GL, KTM 200EXC, XT500SM & various wrecks
EB Falcon, AU2 XR8, AU3 XR6 here
1992 Nissan Patrol - 2" lift, 33s, TB42e, LPG here
2014 FG GT 335 - Silhouette, ZF here
apoc
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 136 times
Been Liked: 100 times

1992 Ford Falcon

Postby ClassicAU » January 7th, 2015, 4:18 pm

Affirmative, that is what I had, an SCT V3. However he was also talking to me about Haltech and Motec stuff, so I guess he tunes that too. Not sure if he does J3 or the horse one whatever it's called.
3C Volkswagen Passat 130TDi Highline Special Model - Candy White, 17's, DSG, Bi-Xenon lights, Euro lux!

*laughs maniacally* “I can do burnouts every day for the rest of my life and I'd never get sick of it! They're always awesome!” - Mike Musto
ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 109 times

Postby ClassicAU » January 26th, 2015, 9:29 pm

So this thing has been running great guns since the tune! Heaps happy with it now! Bum-o-meter says it feels a little better, certainly seems to rev out a bit cleaner now and no more pinging in the higher rev range. Mid range feels good! No issues what so ever so far! Took it for a drive a few weeks ago down the Great Ocean Road all the way to Mount Gambier in SA, and it performed flawlessly! Temp didn't budge, even with some spirited third gear runs through the twisties! Although I am now definite the suspension will change, too low. It bottomed out on the cruise home up the highway at 110km/h a few times, also a few spots on the gor. It did, however, manage to get me from Mount Gambier to my place in Altona on less than three-quarters of a tank! I did take the quick inland route though, but was still impressed.

Which is all good news, considering I just sold the other AU I had, the standard SR I6 is now gone. So the XR8 is now on daily duties!
3C Volkswagen Passat 130TDi Highline Special Model - Candy White, 17's, DSG, Bi-Xenon lights, Euro lux!

*laughs maniacally* “I can do burnouts every day for the rest of my life and I'd never get sick of it! They're always awesome!” - Mike Musto
ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby Phoenix » January 26th, 2015, 10:55 pm

suspension wise, I can't recommend the Pedders coil overs enough mate, they've given the EF a new lease on life. It loves the corners now, and sits nicely, without bottoming out at all. Give it some thought as you seem to be doing well with keeping this one in good shape, a bit of extra love wont hurt it!
Phoenix
Spooling Up

Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 18 times

1994 Ford Fairmont

Postby ClassicAU » January 27th, 2015, 9:16 pm

Thanks man, you're not the first person to recommend the Pedders coil overs either. I am just worried they will be wasted on me, as I'd just set them to the softest setting and never touch em again! Completely defeating the purpose! Nah, I think I'll just save myself some coin by going a set of comfort gas struts and XR height springs. Maybe a bigger sway bar up front if I want it to corner flatter.

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby Phoenix » January 27th, 2015, 9:39 pm

Mine are full height, and on about setting 8 of 30. Sits well, but if you want to go for a good base along say the gor, then you'd stiffen up with about 60 seconds work.

Have a look at my body build thread for pics of how it sits on pretty much max height setting.
Phoenix
Spooling Up

1994 Ford Fairmont

Postby apoc » January 27th, 2015, 10:41 pm

I have some xr6 series 3 irs rear springs if you want them? Will have fronts also once I put the konis & kings in
1974 XB GT here, 1975 XB GT, 1972 XA GT, 1970 Mach 1 Mustang, 1946 Jailbar, 1983 XE GL, KTM 200EXC, XT500SM & various wrecks
apoc
Breaking Traction

1992 Ford Falcon

Postby apoc » January 27th, 2015, 10:42 pm : EBOOST Likes this post

In all honesty though, My au has super low rears in the irs, and it sits nice with the stock xr springs in the front
apoc
Breaking Traction

1992 Ford Falcon

Postby ClassicAU » January 28th, 2015, 7:14 pm

Cheers Phoenix, had a look at your photos, and if that is max height it looks lower than mine is now! :lol: I want to go higher, so if yours is anything to go by, I'd say coil overs are out.

Thanks heaps for the offer apoc, but I want to change the shocks as well, so I might as well go all new if I do it. Plus wouldn't the much heavier V8 make the front sit lower with XR6 springs anyway?

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby Phoenix » January 28th, 2015, 8:39 pm

Fair call!! Lol
Phoenix
Spooling Up

1994 Ford Fairmont

Postby ClassicAU » April 9th, 2015, 6:00 pm

Holy shit, it's been almost three months and I still have the same car! :lol:

Still going strong! Runs awesome since the tune, takes a thrashing like a champion! Just got the suspension redone today also, just ended up going with the Pedders Sports Ryder kit at XR height. Only just picked it up, but already feels like a new car! Turns out to be perfect timing too, as the Monroe's that were in there are completely dead.
Other than that, the exhaust has bedded in nicely, has a cool raspy note to it. Next on the list is a new diff of some description. Probably a set of 3.9 gears while I'm at it, for extra skids! :P

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby ClassicAU » June 10th, 2015, 4:37 pm

apoc wrote:lols. I love AU XR8s, but seriously! I dare you to actually stick with one

So how long now till I win this dare? :lol:

I guess I might as well update, few happenings with this bitch lately. Motor still runs like a top, no complaints there at all! The zorst has gotten even louder too I recon, drones a little now on the freeway. Not enough to piss me off, but enough to know its loud. Got all new bushes in the rear end the other day, as I discovered they were shagged when I got the new diff installed! Now running a Torqueline LSD, basically a cheaper imitation True Track. Locks up like a champ! The car hellies on a dime now! Lol! Not the smoothest operator though, however I didn’t change the diff bushes at the time and they are also shagged.
So I’ve been thrashing the absolute shit out of it the last few weeks! Skids everywhere! Drove up and jumped in the AFF Drags at Heathcote on the weekend too. Only had four runs, which is probably a blessing as the track was shithouse. Axle tramp all over the place. Managed to run a best ET of 14.5@95 with a terrible 2.3 60” time! Although my standard spec clutch didn’t like the experience, as I’m now out of adjustment on the cable. Looks like an upgrade is on the cards. Also first gear is now whining at me, but it’s a T5 so that was bound to happen, so meh!

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby ClassicAU » August 13th, 2015, 12:07 pm

Still clunking away with this thing. No changes since the last update other than killing multiple sets of 'stockies' for lols! :lol: However the clutch is well and truly shagged now. Still drives, but slips when I try and do anything other than normal driving. Anyone care to suggest a replacement? I've been looking at either an Xtreme Button or a McLeod twin plate, as it appears I need to spend decent money on something to stand up to my horrible driving style! :P

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby Phoenix » August 13th, 2015, 2:25 pm

Will a super clutch stress out other parts like the box itself though?
Super impressed to see this thing still going and mostly as bought!
Phoenix
Spooling Up

1994 Ford Fairmont

Postby ClassicAU » August 13th, 2015, 4:18 pm

Phoenix wrote:Super impressed to see this thing still going and mostly as bought!

You and me both bud!! :lol: Especially as it has been put back on daily duty with my new job, racking up 5000kms in the last two months! As for a silly clutch killing other shit, probably. However the gearbox isn't exactly in mint condition anyway. Since the day at Heathcote it has been quite noisy, especially first gear. Axle tramp isn't my friend! :P

Still weighing up the options. Talk of a company car has filled my head again. I have four more months of probation at work, so I'd like to be able to stretch this thing as is until then and see if/what I get. But as before, not likely with the way I drive!

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby fordpatto » August 13th, 2015, 6:16 pm

have you looked into one off mal woods clutches.there supposed to be good gear.
cheers brian.
fordpatto
Cruising

Has Liked: 51 times
Been Liked: 39 times

Postby Jayedxr6 » August 13th, 2015, 8:29 pm

I can not believe your still talking about a company car!!
Xh falcon turbo. 420rwhp 16 psi.
Jayedxr6
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 179 times
Been Liked: 149 times

1994 Ford ED Falcon XR6

Postby ClassicAU » August 14th, 2015, 1:37 pm

Not my fault that the last couple of jobs I've had they keep promising me one! :lol:

Might give Mal Wood a call and see if they can quote me something, thanks mate!

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby Petrie » December 21st, 2015, 9:45 am

Ev the homosaurus keeps changing his mind if hes keeping/selling, keep add boost, simples!
"Ever wonder if the light goes out when you close the fridge door? Well, yes it does." - the milk

Automobiles
-Turbo EL XR6 Manual- 270rwkw
-Gramps' EF Fairmont Daily
Petrie
Cruising

Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 17 times

Postby ClassicAU » December 22nd, 2015, 5:30 pm

Yep, so this just happened!

Image Image Image

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby Ef_frmnt » December 22nd, 2015, 10:43 pm

...is that a company car....
XD Falcon 427ci - long term drag (in-and-out-of-shed) car project
1992 Ford Courier LS1, big cam, big stall, big nitrous, and soon to be packing a big turbo..
PX MKii Wildtrak 20" Monster wheels with 33x10 tyres, Fox Shocks, custom stereo install, ARB Summit rear bar
Ef_frmnt
Full Boost

Has Liked: 157 times
Been Liked: 257 times

Postby ClassicAU » December 23rd, 2015, 6:47 am

Indeeily-doodily! :cool:

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby nothin suss » December 28th, 2015, 8:44 pm : NUT347 Likes this post

Top work. Good things come to those who wait......
10 years....
BF2 DLPG Wagon - daily duties
BF Fairlong Ghia - ED Sprint
nothin suss
Full Boost

Has Liked: 223 times
Been Liked: 90 times

Postby Commando » December 31st, 2015, 1:43 pm

So the AU's up for sale then?
Previous: 1982 XE GL 3.3: 5 speed | 1991 EB Ghia 5.0: Vortech, Tiptronic, 4.11s, 232rwkw | 1995 EF GLi 4.0 wagon: LPG | 2006 BF Fairmont 4.0: JTG LiLPG
Now: 2016 Hilux SR HiRider
Commando

Has Liked: 110 times
Been Liked: 516 times

2006 Ford Fairmont

Postby ClassicAU » January 1st, 2016, 6:07 pm

Sure is Dave! Why, you interested? :)

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby ClassicAU » January 8th, 2016, 7:57 am

And thus ends another chapter in the Ev-olution! I'm moving in with my girlfriend in a few weeks, so have a feeling y'all may have to wait a while for my next round of fail, sorry! :P

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby Commando » January 8th, 2016, 10:14 am : Ef_frmnt, galapogos01 Likes this post

Good job selling off the AU so quickly! :good:

And congrats on the impending moving in with the gf. Just remember the whole toilet seat thing and you'll be right.

How long until you start modifying the company car? I'm guessing the diff will be first, again #mybigfatgreekwelding
Previous: 1982 XE GL 3.3: 5 speed | 1991 EB Ghia 5.0: Vortech, Tiptronic, 4.11s, 232rwkw | 1995 EF GLi 4.0 wagon: LPG | 2006 BF Fairmont 4.0: JTG LiLPG
Commando

2006 Ford Fairmont

Postby ClassicAU » January 11th, 2016, 6:01 pm

Thanks kind sir! I was surprised how quick it disappeared! It was actually true to "first to see will buy" :lol: She was a sweet ride, and I will miss her! The gearbox is on the way out, first gear was pretty noisy, but the dude didn't seem too phased. Considering I'd rebuild most of the rest of the mechanicals anyway, he got a pretty good deal in my opinion. I miss the sound of the V8 already! :-P

Haha, thanks champ! Pretty sure I have the whole toilet seat thing down already! (Pun definitely intended!) :P

Well my old man cracked it at me when I opened the bonnet of the G6E and he saw the K&N sticker on the air box! So I guess you could say I've already started modding it! :lol: In all seriousness though, this car is on a lease through work, so my intention is to keep it for another three years, then trade up and re-finance. So any mods would be a waste of time and money. I'm loving how smooth it is stock, and it's actually surprisingly quick for a 6!

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby SnyperEB » January 12th, 2016, 10:00 am

You still live with your old man?
[EBGLT]
SnyperEB
Shooting Flames

Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 105 times

Postby ClassicAU » January 12th, 2016, 12:14 pm

Nah bro! I just took it over there to show him. Needed something to have a go at me for! :lol:

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby SnyperEB » January 13th, 2016, 7:26 am

lol
[EBGLT]
SnyperEB
Shooting Flames

Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 105 times

Postby ClassicAU » April 8th, 2016, 9:44 am

Got a few mins at work, so why not an update. Still have the G6E, still getting me around fine. It has, however, been back to the Ford dealer three times now chasing a knocking noise that was coming from the front passenger side. Turns out it was a completely busted left hand engine mount! Built Ford tough hey! :? After living with this thing for a while now, my feeling is, for lack of a better word, meh. Just doesn't feel like a high series. Dad's AUIII Ghia felt much more special than this thing. The driving sensation is great, the drive line is smooth, and it goes better than I thought it would. However the cabin is just not as nice feeling. I test drove a 2015 VW Passat Highline TDi the other day, and was very tempted to chop this thing in! :lol:

Other than that, nothing else has changed. Just racking up the kms, about 8k since I picked it up in late December. Averaging 600kms to the tank. I still have the ZF milkshake worry in the back of my mind, which looms the more kms I put on it. So first mod might be an external cooler for the ZF to bypass the heat exchanger. Most people seem to think it doesn't have any negative affect on the trans. I have also been eyeing off a set of 19s! However old man Ev says it will kill the ride quality. :P

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby ClassicAU » May 12th, 2016, 10:48 am

Well, that didn't last long! :lol:

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby Jayedxr6 » May 12th, 2016, 9:19 pm

How the **** did you decide on a Passat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Xh falcon turbo. 420rwhp 16 psi.
Jayedxr6
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 179 times
Been Liked: 149 times

1994 Ford ED Falcon XR6

Postby Commando » May 13th, 2016, 8:49 am

***3 months later*** HAI GUYZ CHECK OUT MY AURION
Commando

2006 Ford Fairmont

Postby ClassicAU » May 13th, 2016, 8:52 am

Now that I have it, the question should be how the hell didn't I decide on a Passat! I really should have bought this from the beginning! It does everything the FG did, only infinitely better! It's a 2015 plate, but was brand new stock sitting in a show room up in Mildura. Just ticked over 100kms on the odo! It was a bargain too good to pass up, and I have zero regrets! Plus, it's boosted, so I have that going for me, which is nice! :lol:

LOL Dave! Fair call, but not this time. 3 year factory warranty means it will stay until that runs out, then traded up for the next newie!

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby GQuick » May 13th, 2016, 9:34 am

The question should be asked ...did your testicles slowly retract into your body when you picked it up?
I dont break things ...I just use them beyond their operational limitations - J K Dennis
GQuick
Idling

Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 9 times

Postby Commando » May 13th, 2016, 6:11 pm : galapogos01, GQuick, NUT347 Likes this post

3 year factory warranty means it'll have a Windsor & a KAAZ in 3 months & you'll sell it after another 3 months because it'll be slow, thirsty, & you'll be breaking shit from reverse doughies. You'll then buy an Aurion, which you'll also put a Windsor & KAAZ in, & wonder why it's slow, thirsty, & breaks shit from reverse doughies.
Commando

2006 Ford Fairmont

Postby justa6 » May 14th, 2016, 8:55 pm

OMG you've slipped to an all time low.
manley rods, sps pistons, billet surecam, gt4202r 1.15, 6boost manifold, 60mm gate, 4" exhaust, nizpro plenum, 80mm throttle body, bosch 2000cc injectors, 2x044, -8 fuel line, standard fuel rail modified -8 in-out. c4 box 3000 stall, standard diff with 31 spline axles, full spool.
477rwkw 24psi. 9.80 @ 145mph
justa6
Full Boost

Has Liked: 88 times
Been Liked: 525 times

1999 Ford xr6 ute

Postby ClassicAU » May 16th, 2016, 5:25 pm

Windsor powered Passat, now theres a fantastic idea! :cool:

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

PreviousNext

Return to The Showroom