XH II XR6

Post pics of your rides here

XH II XR6

Postby EXAR » September 8th, 2011, 8:33 pm

Hi guys, new to the forum and want to share my ute :mrgreen:
Only had it about a month but i love it, always wanted one
Specs
5 speed man, AU 6 cyl, Custom exhaust, extractors, 17 inch mags, Full body kit, New soft tonneau, Respray, Lowered, Tubliner, Stereo, 180,000 k's, Factory LSD
Bad points: Couple of oil leaks (Possible timing cover and extension housing seal), Sh** respray and a few dings, Speakers crackle at anything louder than 12, Frame has been cut and welded to fit the sump, Gear stick loose as (Worn bush in mount?), Coolant overflow bottle float is sticky and brings the light on every now and then.
To do: GET INSURANCE, Fix leaks, Short shifter, Stereo, Mud spats, Wheels, Engine work, Repsray and add bonnet flutes/ GT scoop
Hopefully in a couple of months i'll have my p's and actually be able to drive it and enjoy it as now its just sitting out the front of home all lonely like :(

Will get pics as soon as i get home from trade school and give it a wash!
EXAR
Cranking Over

Has Liked: 0 time
Been Liked: 0 time

Re: XH II XR6

Postby InfernalTyrant » September 8th, 2011, 8:36 pm

Sounds pretty sweet man, will be good to see photos.
Ban low performance drivers, not high performance cars.
InfernalTyrant
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 31 times
Been Liked: 39 times

1989 Ford S Pack

Postby *rayman* » September 8th, 2011, 9:19 pm

Sounds very similiar to the XH XR6 i bought about 2 months ago.... interested in pics also.

The standard shifter in mine was terrible, that's why i put a short shifter in. I've got a couple of these for sale in the classifieds section if you're interested.
project: 68 BB Camaro
daily: 97 XH XR6 ute
previous rides: EB 5.0l GHIA, EF XR8, ED XR6, VT R8 Clubby, XF ute, and others not worth mentioning
*rayman*
Idling

Been Liked: 1 time

Postby EXAR » September 11th, 2011, 7:05 pm

Got some pictures up today, please excuse the state it's in, really needs a wash but last night has taken it's toll hahaha
Here she is anyway, also sorry for the crap quality only have an old digi cam :|
EXAR
Cranking Over

Postby EXAR » October 20th, 2011, 7:14 pm

New shifter, Hurst quickshifter feels so much better 2nd to 3rd is effortless, only problem was the inner boot that comes with it is way to small and i could even shift it into gear with it on, also if anyone plans on putting one in make sure you buy the cup the ball of the lever sits in beforehand because if your unlucky like me it takes a while to track one down. There is also a rubber insulator that goes around the bottom of the cup that may need to be replaced, in my case yes but as i didn't get one with the cup i had to use a bit of rubber hose. Hopefully get my p's in less than a month and will be cruising a bit more!
EXAR
Cranking Over

Postby gradner » October 20th, 2011, 7:43 pm

its a better starting point then i had. looks like you should have alot of fun with it. its funny how people who like xh's seem to really like xh's. how are the hinges, door handles etc? , these problems shit me off haha. but i still love them

good luck with it
XH , Proboost t04z, turbo logic inlet manifold , acl slugs, 3 inch exhaust and manifold made by me, gas research, TR6060, LSD.

DON'T MOD YOUR DAILY!
gradner
Cruising

Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 11 times

Postby TUF-XH » October 21st, 2011, 4:36 pm

haha i dont really like XHs, I really LOVE XHs :p
Looks good man, hot ute for a P plater.
Be good to see with her.
TUF-XH
Idling

Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 6 times

Postby EXAR » October 25th, 2011, 10:06 pm

Yeh probably one of my favourite cars, from the efi era anyway
Hinges are not completely F%&*ed but not the best, door hinges good
Just can't wait to get my p's and drive it, just simple mods for now, while i poor money into another project :thumbsup:
EXAR
Cranking Over

Return to The Showroom