Ed wagon turbo leather for sale

Post pics of your rides here

Ed wagon turbo leather for sale

Postby AdamF » February 3rd, 2012, 7:25 pm : superhuS! Likes this post

Well after selling my bf turbo i really started to realize just how much i missed the creature comforts, like cruise control, leather seats, electric windows, a bit of get-up and go, etc etc.

All that said i love the wagon to bits because its just that useful for everything, the extra room is amazing, so iv decided to keep it and just add the things i miss.

Here's how she stands prior to any love, it'll be interesting to so how far it will come over the next few months.

Here's the donor car, i know some will be thinking this is a silly idea and just tidy up the fairlane, but i dont want a sedan so theres no point, im happy with the wagon.
Plans are to transfer as much of the interior as possible, also going to completly change over wiring and transfer motor and box. (So the ed will then think its an nl fairlane)
Some minor cosmetic changes such as door handles, mirrors, fuel lid, and change the wheels over.
Plan to still run the log manifold for now as the existing gas system would be in the way, also the log manifold suits plans for 6 months or so time.

This was just me playing with some ideas of using as much of a standard ba turbo arrangement, the manifold will mount the turbo in a similar position,
but i wont be using the crossover pipes etc just the standard ba pump pipe, and modify the standard ba exhaust to suit.

Last edited by AdamF on May 24th, 2014, 3:37 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Project- elxr6 with boost

Daily ED wagon which i think may require boost
AdamF
Cruising

Has Liked: 17 times
Been Liked: 12 times

Re: Daily ED wagon gets ef/el mirrors and wheels

Postby AdamF » February 12th, 2012, 3:53 pm

Done a fair bit but not a real lot to show for it yet as the main change over of parts happens over the next two weekends.
By a fair bit i mean the donor car is stripped, and ive strip what i can in the interior of the wagon, but i still need to drive it for a week or so.

Not sure if someone has done a write up on fitting ef/el mirrors to an ed but heres my pictures with some instructions.

Firstly you will need mirrors of an ef/el and the external weather strips from the bottom of the windows, you'll also want to think about changing the window seal from an ef/el also. (i will be doing this in the next few weeks when i fit door trims/electric windows etc)

You will need a drill with say a 6mm bit, phillips head screw driver and soldering iron etc if you are using the existing wiring as the plugs are different.

You will need to cut of some off two of the mounting threads as pictured below. (Sorry for the photos being on there side, i tried to fix them but oh well)

You will need to make two new holes in the door as pictured below.

Simply a matter of screwing the mirror on and changing the external weather strip and your ready to cut and solder your wiring. Also there will be a hole left over from the front mounting point on the old mirror, intentions are to fill this with a gromet.

The cars starting to look better with the wheels and mirrors fitted, should improve a bit more when i lower the front and fit white ef/el door handles.

AdamF
Cruising

Re: Daily ED wagon finally getting some love

Postby Bob Lablaw » February 12th, 2012, 3:57 pm

like what you're doing there mate, 13 sec wagon got a nice ring to it.
245rwkw @ 8psi EF Fairmont- HX35 turbo, 42lb lucas injectors, 45mm wastegate, owner made exhaust manifold cooler piping, port and polish, 3" exhaust, super lows, 17x8.5 ROH z's, shift kit, XR8 bulge and extra vents, slotted rotors, J3 boost tune, wrx seats, wideband.... brake upgrade to come
Bob Lablaw
Spooling Up

Been Liked: 30 times

1996 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Postby AdamF » February 20th, 2012, 6:59 pm

Well, progressed a little over the weekend with getting rid of the old.
Now she's ready for fitting the new gear hopefully get most of it done this weekend.

Below is a picture of one of the back seat sections, looks like the nl seats should go in pretty easilly with swaping over the brackets from the old ed rear seat (on the left) and mounting them to the nl seats in the same holes that they where attached to on the ed seats.

Next two pictures is how the engine bay and interior look at the mometn, bare, pretty committed now i guess. lol

AdamF
Cruising

Postby ronza » February 23rd, 2012, 7:11 am

Your dedicated now mate!!! But end result is gonna be awsome cruiser with power ta boot!!!
R U FORDS
WRECKING E SERIES & AU FORDS ... PM ME FOR PARTS!!!

HAPPY CUSTOMER & PROUD SUPPLIER OF PARTS TO KEVS PERFORMANCE WAREHOUSE !!!
ronza
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 24 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Postby EF ECTIV » February 23rd, 2012, 2:13 pm

eager too see how it all turns out... donor car looked mint....
EF ECTIV
Coming Soon: Ford Strokers 363 Windsor, BorgWarner s400 sx3 76mm, 60mm Turbosmart gate, TH400 box, Kaaz diff

2013 G6E Turbo

Stock daily

Allfast Torque Converters 08 9249 3066
EF ECTIV
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 166 times
Been Liked: 67 times

Postby AdamF » February 26th, 2012, 8:02 pm

I'll get some photos up later but I've got the dash, centre console and front seats in.
Ended up using some floor panels from the nl, made it easy to bolt up seats and hand break.
K-frame and abs etc all swaped over, electric windows are in and door skins too, it's starting to come together, hopefully I'll have the motor and box in tomorrow

AdamF
Cruising

Postby pedrobta » February 26th, 2012, 8:53 pm

this is an awsome project. Cant wait to see it!!
EBII Falcon Gli
4.0 auto, CAI, Wildcats, Red Back 2.5, Pedders Sports Ryder eXtreme Adjustable,
Stark White

http://www.facebook.com/pedrovitattoo
pedrobta
Cruising

Has Liked: 19 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Postby pHaT`eL » March 1st, 2012, 3:37 pm

Looking good! If you get over swapping the rear seat backs, find some EF Futura wagon ones as they have all the right brackets and holes. Then just swap the covers over. Thats what I did to fit my Fairlane seats in :)
[XGZ-566] 2009 BF3 XT EGAS WAGON
| 19x9 & 19X10 WORK EUROLINE'S | LOWERED |

[MR-PGR] 1980 XD FAIRMONT WAGON
| EFI WINDSOR | 14X8 & 14X10 12 SLOTTER'S | VENETIANS |

PREVIOUS RIDES: [WANTD-6] 2002 AU3 EGAS FORTE WAGON | [POPS4L] 1995 EF GLi WAGON | [EBW-302] 1991 EB GL WAGON V8 | [PHATEL] 1998 EL FAIRMONT TURBO

phat GUARD ROLLING | 0429 093 302 | facebook
pHaT`eL

Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 242 times

1991 Ford Falcon

Postby sikwags_218 » March 1st, 2012, 6:22 pm

Thats a great effort there man, your doing a very good job with it. So your sticking with the 4lt man? why chnge the K frame?

Cheers Scott :drinks2:
Project car: Turbo ED build- Barra swapped, 60lb dekkas, 400lph walbro, turbo side intake, big cooler, el gt brakes, locked 4.11s, btr'd, smoothed engine bay, sunroof, fairmont GHIA interior. Chasing 10 sec quaters!
sikwags_218
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 95 times

Postby AdamF » March 2nd, 2012, 3:47 pm

pHaT`eL wrote:Looking good! If you get over swapping the rear seat backs, find some EF Futura wagon ones as they have all the right brackets and holes. Then just swap the covers over. Thats what I did to fit my Fairlane seats in :)

cheers mate ill keep that in mind, may make it alot easier

AdamF
Cruising

Postby AdamF » March 2nd, 2012, 3:48 pm

sikwags_218 wrote:Thats a great effort there man, your doing a very good job with it. So your sticking with the 4lt man? why chnge the K frame?

Cheers Scott :drinks2:

cheers mate,
yer sticking with the 4lt, havent had much to do with the ford v8's, also easy to fit turbo etc.
Just changed the k-frame as the ed one was oil soaked and bushes had gone + steering in the fairlaine was amazing + like the el engine mounts more. (wasn't a neccesity but it had a few good points)

Last night I tapped and welded on a piece of steel onto the sump for the turbo drain while ive got the engine out, should have it going hopefully tomorrow.

Will have to sort out ABS and cruise control later, running out of time to finish this first lot of changes as the cars at my brothers.

AdamF
Cruising

Postby AdamF » March 12th, 2012, 5:21 pm

Spewing i have used my ipod cable in the car with the new stereo so i cant upload photos off my phone for this, but ill work something out soon. :banghead:

Pretty much have everything done and im now driving this, steering is mint, ride height is now mint too. :cool:

Having some small teething problems but all in all pretty much everthing is working as planned straight away.

Ill get picks up soon sorry :cray:
Last edited by AdamF on March 13th, 2012, 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AdamF
Cruising

Postby AdamF » March 13th, 2012, 1:48 pm

Got another iphone cable :grin:

Here's some photos:
- This is the piece of floor i welded in from the nl, this made bolting up the seats/centre console and hand break a breeze. Its only tacked in this photo but i did add a number of welds. (The mounting point for the rear door side of both seats are the same in the ed/nl)

-This is the dash as it was going in, all lined up well.

-This is the engine bay as it stands now, you wont be able to see from this shot but ive installed a return barb for the future turbo setup. :)
Basically just an el hybrid motor, with el accessories, xh belt, xh tensioner to retain both the serpentine setup & the log manifold.
Only other changes are the a/c system is now all from the nl, just to get some clearance for the intercooler to come.

-These are a few shots showing front interior all done, and just how it sits now just a wisker lower in the front.

Hopefully get the a/c system gassed shortly and enjoy the climate control.
Does anyone know if the ed cruise control motor and cable has the same plug/mounting location as an el cruise control motor/cable, as ive retained the log manifold id like to use an ed cruise control motor etc just to make it easy/factory looking?

AdamF
Cruising

Postby apoc » March 13th, 2012, 2:44 pm

Looks good! The dash setup came up awesome!
1974 XB GT here, 1975 XB GT, 1972 XA GT, 1970 Mach 1 Mustang, 1946 Jailbar, 1983 XE GL, KTM 200EXC, XT500SM & various wrecks
EB Falcon, AU2 XR8, AU3 XR6 here
1992 Nissan Patrol - 2" lift, 33s, TB42e, LPG here
2014 FG GT 335 - Silhouette, ZF here
apoc
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 136 times
Been Liked: 100 times

1992 Ford Falcon

Postby SnyperEB » March 13th, 2012, 2:56 pm

So clean!! Nice work!!
[EBGLT]
SnyperEB
Shooting Flames

Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 105 times

Postby Bob Lablaw » March 13th, 2012, 3:39 pm

nice work, looks factory
245rwkw @ 8psi EF Fairmont- HX35 turbo, 42lb lucas injectors, 45mm wastegate, owner made exhaust manifold cooler piping, port and polish, 3" exhaust, super lows, 17x8.5 ROH z's, shift kit, XR8 bulge and extra vents, slotted rotors, J3 boost tune, wrx seats, wideband.... brake upgrade to come
Bob Lablaw
Spooling Up

1996 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Postby pHaT`eL » March 13th, 2012, 4:46 pm

Lookin good!

What suspension setup did you go with?
[XGZ-566] 2009 BF3 XT EGAS WAGON
| 19x9 & 19X10 WORK EUROLINE'S | LOWERED |

[MR-PGR] 1980 XD FAIRMONT WAGON
| EFI WINDSOR | 14X8 & 14X10 12 SLOTTER'S | VENETIANS |

PREVIOUS RIDES: [WANTD-6] 2002 AU3 EGAS FORTE WAGON | [POPS4L] 1995 EF GLi WAGON | [EBW-302] 1991 EB GL WAGON V8 | [PHATEL] 1998 EL FAIRMONT TURBO

phat GUARD ROLLING | 0429 093 302 | facebook
pHaT`eL

Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 242 times

1991 Ford Falcon

Postby turbo_nut » March 13th, 2012, 5:23 pm

love it looks gr8 mate :D :D
Daily:bf2 falcon Xl Falcon ute with extractors high flow cat 2 and half inch exhaust system xyz coilovers ba xr6 front bar and headlights 18inch no name wheels iPod input

Toy: 1995 ef falcon gli classic heartiage green full el xr6 headlights and front bar and Tickford side skirts el ftr wheels minispooled 3.08 diff shiftkitted Btr Au engine with custom turbo kit ran 13.8 spinning nearly half track on street tires
turbo_nut
Cruising

Has Liked: 37 times
Been Liked: 2 times

Postby ClassicAU » March 13th, 2012, 5:26 pm

Holy shit this thing is pimp! You got any photos of the rear seats, how'd they turn out? I dunno what it is, but ever since I had those wheels on an EL I had, I just loved them! So simple, yet so awesome! Is it just me though, or is the NL dash exactly the same as the EL Ghia? Such a nice interior either way, great work bloke! :thumbsup:
3C Volkswagen Passat 130TDi Highline Special Model - Candy White, 17's, DSG, Bi-Xenon lights, Euro lux!

*laughs maniacally* “I can do burnouts every day for the rest of my life and I'd never get sick of it! They're always awesome!” - Mike Musto
ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 109 times

Postby sikwags_218 » March 13th, 2012, 6:13 pm

Hey adam, top job man you have done real well :drinks2:
Also pretty sure the ED cruise is different to the EF/EL ones. Cause mine has to modules like the actuator on the drivers side and the control box on the passanger where as the EF/ EL only has it on the Drivers side as the BBM solenoid dits on the passanger side.

Keep up the good work Scott
Project car: Turbo ED build- Barra swapped, 60lb dekkas, 400lph walbro, turbo side intake, big cooler, el gt brakes, locked 4.11s, btr'd, smoothed engine bay, sunroof, fairmont GHIA interior. Chasing 10 sec quaters!
sikwags_218
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 95 times

Daily ED wagon finally getting some love

Postby apoc » March 13th, 2012, 7:27 pm

Yeh the cruise modules are different, but I'm sure you could attach the ed cable to the el (nl) unit. I went the other way around, and connected an el cable to an eb unit and it works fine.

Would recommend the el unit though, so much better.
1974 XB GT here, 1975 XB GT, 1972 XA GT, 1970 Mach 1 Mustang, 1946 Jailbar, 1983 XE GL, KTM 200EXC, XT500SM & various wrecks
apoc
Breaking Traction

1992 Ford Falcon

Postby AdamF » March 14th, 2012, 4:26 pm

Front springs are dobinsons superlows and the rear is just king spring superlows, these came with the car when i got it, it also has 1.5 inch lowering blocks in the rear too but it scrapped on pretty much everything.

Rear seat photos are still a little off, i havent started on them yet. lol

Cheers gents ill see if i can swap over cable and get this cruise going as that will be mint.

cheers for the comments gents, she definately needs boost though she's a bit of a slug.

AdamF
Cruising

Postby PSI250 » April 25th, 2012, 5:09 pm

i was actually starting to miss my wagon the other day as a pic of it when it was low and on the 19s rolled through my screen saver! good to see its still kicking around! keen to see it boosted! something i always wanted to do!
AdamF wrote:Front springs are dobinsons superlows and the rear is just king spring superlows, these came with the car when i got it, it also has 1.5 inch lowering blocks in the rear too but it scrapped on pretty much everything.

AdamF wrote:she definately needs boost though she's a bit of a slug..

haha low and slow, thats how its done!! but driveways were hit and miss whether i'd make it up!
PSI250
Idling

Has Liked: 0 time
Been Liked: 1 time

Postby AdamF » April 29th, 2012, 11:59 am

PSI250 wrote:i was actually starting to miss my wagon the other day as a pic of it when it was low and on the 19s rolled through my screen saver! good to see its still kicking around! keen to see it boosted! something i always wanted to do!
AdamF wrote:Front springs are dobinsons superlows and the rear is just king spring superlows, these came with the car when i got it, it also has 1.5 inch lowering blocks in the rear too but it scrapped on pretty much everything.

AdamF wrote:she definately needs boost though she's a bit of a slug..

haha low and slow, thats how its done!! but driveways were hit and miss whether i'd make it up!

It was pretty sacked, wasnt bad until you where sitting on 100 and hit a bump on the fwy and it would bottom out. But its extremly comfotable now while still being reasonably low.

Boost is hopefully only 3-6 months away, just need time to sort a few other things out then it'll be straped on her

AdamF
Cruising

Postby wsndrs » April 30th, 2012, 10:47 pm

Love the wagons man you done a good job so far looks clean as :)
ED XR6 93

2.5in Exhaust, Extractors, UNI Filter intake in airbox, Typhoon 19's, Ultra King's & Koni's, Slotted Rotors, White dials, T5 Manual conversion, HD Clutch
wsndrs
Idling

Has Liked: 6 times
Been Liked: 0 time

1993 Ford ED Falcon XR6

Postby OMY-747 » August 13th, 2012, 11:00 pm

Wagon looks good man, gotta share that wagon love :) I couldn't go without having a wagon since I owned my first one. We currently have 3 wagon's lol, my Ed, my gq, mrs impreza.

Boosted wagon ftw to :drinks2:
240rwkw, 6 speed manual wagon. Good times indeed.
OMY-747
Full Boost

Has Liked: 59 times
Been Liked: 58 times

Postby MattsDisturbed » August 24th, 2012, 6:42 pm

This looks like a great project, I'll be very interested in seeing the finished car.
MattsDisturbed
Cranking Over

Has Liked: 0 time
Been Liked: 0 time

Postby 89.SVO » August 24th, 2012, 9:21 pm

to be honest i seen you say at the start that you were wrecking the Lane i was like WTF?!

But the finished product looks cool. Good job
Daily driver: AU2. 5 speed. 19" FG luxos. Full exhaust. Lowered. AU3 XR leather interior, converted to full power windows. 3.45 LSD. AU1 XR kit with classic spoiler. IN THE FUTURE: Tickford 6, maybe boost ;)
Weekend driver: EA SVO - AU motor. Built BTR. TCE 2800 stall. T76 turbo. Locked diff. On E85. approx 320rwkw. 11.5 @ 121mph
89.SVO
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 113 times
Been Liked: 43 times

Daily ED wagon + leather + turbo

Postby AdamF » August 27th, 2012, 5:47 pm

Cheers for the comments gents,

Had a little bit of a misshap and ran up someones arse in the wagz about a month ago, so ive been driving my el daily and have come to the conclusion i need to turbo the wagon at the same time as fixing her. Also bought another ed wagon last night for the front bumper, a gaurd and headlights, i will be wrecking out the rest of the car but ill post that up in the parts for sale.

So ive started cutting things out to make the cooler and cooler pipes fit, whilst retaining aircon. (would be much easier to fit without aircon, buts its my daily so i need to keep it). Hot side will consist of a 90deg 2" to 2.5" joiner coming off the turbo, 2.5" pipe under the battery tray to a 2.5" to 3" joiner onto the cooler behind the drivers headlight. The cooler tanks have had 3" pipe added to extend into the bay. Then cold side is all 3". Some cutting of headlights is required, but should be able to make it look pretty stealth, all pipes will be painted black. Intake off turbo will be infront of the front wheel under the arch, which will consist of a pod in a box.

Haven't started the exhaust manifold yet so hot side hasnt been mocked up, cold side pretty much how i want it, just need to finish welds and add boost reference tees for the convertors. GRA throttle body is dummy fitted and B2 convertors are just sitting there in the rough locations they will be in.

AdamF
Cruising

Re: Daily ED wagon + leather + turbo

Postby OMY-747 » August 27th, 2012, 6:55 pm

Have you removed your safety latch altogether?
OMY-747
Full Boost

Postby AdamF » August 27th, 2012, 7:35 pm : LUXO_8 Likes this post

OMY-747 wrote:Have you removed your safety latch altogether?

Yer mate i have at the moment, ive trimmed it down a bit to get the cooler back further and higher, it will be going back on just tweaked a bit.

AdamF
Cruising

Postby apoc » August 27th, 2012, 7:42 pm

Looks neat! How much will you have to trim off the headlights to get them in?
apoc
Breaking Traction

1992 Ford Falcon

Postby OMY-747 » August 27th, 2012, 7:46 pm

Pretty keen to see how the latch goes, I'd love to be able to mount my cooler up against the lower lip of the body there, would fit a 400 high intercooler still inside the front bar then :)
OMY-747
Full Boost

Postby AdamF » August 27th, 2012, 8:31 pm

OMY-747 wrote:Pretty keen to see how the latch goes, I'd love to be able to mount my cooler up against the lower lip of the body there, would fit a 400 high intercooler still inside the front bar then :)

Yer, ive sort of gauged things off photos of misk's cooler mounting, think he must have modified the latch, ill take a photo of the latch once ive modified it fully so you can compare.

How bigs the one misk is running? that might be 400 high, i remember it looked pretty big? not sure exactly how it would fit.

AdamF
Cruising

Postby OMY-747 » August 27th, 2012, 10:01 pm

Misk has a 600x300x120. From the bottom splash tray or whatever it's called to the bottom of the latch is 350mm, if I can manage a 400 high cooler it's what I'll go with :) otherwise a 350 will have to do.
OMY-747
Full Boost

Postby EFFalcon » August 28th, 2012, 8:34 am

good plan :D
EFFalcon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Has Liked: 26 times
Been Liked: 765 times

1995 Ford Falcon

Postby AdamF » August 28th, 2012, 9:26 am

Apoc, headlight on the drivers side needs a fair bit of a trim. I mean even a bit of the high beam reflector needs a cut.

AdamF
Cruising

Postby LUVSIT » August 28th, 2012, 10:55 am

This is awesome!
LUVSIT
Spooling Up

Has Liked: 144 times
Been Liked: 96 times

1998 Ford XR6

Postby OMY-747 » August 28th, 2012, 11:28 am

Have you thought of running the cold side piping tight around the low side for minimal headlight cutting?
OMY-747
Full Boost

Next

Return to The Showroom