94 EL looking for some advice

Post pics of your rides here

94 EL looking for some advice

Postby shifty2536 » December 14th, 2012, 2:59 pm

ive recently bought an el gli for 800 bucks and i got what i paid for it was in a bad state the paint was almost black from sitting under trees for months (its white) the mirrors were taped on it bareley started holes in the exhaust a and was high as a hilux and handled like a bus! nightmare but it had 3 months rego so i bought it anyway, i had an ef wagon before it thats written off and was sitting in the backyared so ive been swapping parts picking and choosing its looking acceptable now and i have plans for interior exterior but i dont know a whole lot about engines what i do i know is self taught. the wagon has an xr motor in it which was according to previous owner rebuilt around about 60,000 ks ago it did drive better but not a massive difference, is it worth swapping over? and if not is there anything worth salvaging from it to put into the gli motor? any advice would be apreciated thanks!

heres what ive done since i got the gli
pacemaker extractors
remove catalytic
2.5 inch exhaust
pod filter
lowered shocks and springs in the front the rear springs are just cut but will be getting the right lowered ones soon
altezza clear taillights
blue led dash got a trip computer from an xr and the heater controls from a ghia on the way
and some blue park lights
plus all the little repairs that seemed to never end

im pretty proud of my falcon but theres always room for improvement looking forward to hearing from any of you who have gone down the same road
shifty2536
Cranking Over

Has Liked: 0 time
Been Liked: 0 time

Re: 94 EL looking for some advice

Postby Nylmor » December 16th, 2012, 5:53 pm

shifty2536 wrote:ive recently bought an el gli for 800 bucks and i got what i paid for it was in a bad state the paint was almost black from sitting under trees for months (its white) the mirrors were taped on it bareley started holes in the exhaust a and was high as a hilux and handled like a bus! nightmare but it had 3 months rego so i bought it anyway, i had an ef wagon before it thats written off and was sitting in the backyared so ive been swapping parts peimar lighting picking and choosing its looking acceptable now and i have plans for interior exterior but i dont know a whole lot about engines what i do i know is self taught. the wagon has an xr motor in it which was according to previous owner rebuilt around about 60,000 ks ago it did drive better but not a massive difference, is it worth swapping over? and if not is there anything worth salvaging from it to put into the gli motor? any advice would be apreciated thanks!

heres what ive done since i got the gli
pacemaker extractors
remove catalytic
2.5 inch exhaust
pod filter

lowered shocks and springs in the front the rear springs are just cut but will be getting the right lowered ones soon
altezza clear taillights
blue led dash got a trip computer from an xr and the heater controls from a ghia on the way
and some blue park lights
plus all the little repairs that seemed to never end

im pretty proud of my falcon but theres always room for improvement looking forward to hearing from any of you who have gone down the same road

what is this about led dash. I have never used them
Nylmor
Cranking Over

Has Liked: 0 time
Been Liked: 0 time

Return to The Showroom