Wolfblass BF GT

Post pics of your rides here

Wolfblass BF GT

Postby wolfblass » November 9th, 2013, 10:03 pm : SnipeZ, tqure Likes this post

Thought id make a thread for this, this is my second car (along with the EF). My Old man owned this since it was brand new so it was really the most ideal car for me to purchase as i know whats the history has been like with it. After acquiring my full license, my old man and i worked something out and i purchased it off him.

Its a 2006 BF GT which is winter white with matt black stripes and is a 6 speed automatic transmission. unfortunately it only had a suede interior which was looking worse for wear and kind of outdated but i soon replaced it. The only mods done to it was a BPR intake which sounds pretty good!

Since owning it i had to customise it to suit me so i have done the following:

Pedders coilovers all round
Full sound system with custom intall
xforce 2.5 inch stainless steel cat back quad system
Black Venetians
Full FPV leather interior (purchased of needforspeed)

here are a few photos of it

i had the drive seats from the interior i got re bolstered along with new leather as a fat guy used it and was looking a little saggy.

i got the custom box made to suit the shape of the bseries bootwell and put some 10 inch type r subs. all tuned at 38 hz it really gives a good poke!

The brembos were along looking worse for wear as my old man used his ticket to take his fpv to sandown to get used to it. Instead of going around cones and learning the car, my old man thought it would of been 'more fun' to blow a set of tires which eventually happened along with having the brembos glowing from hard braking down the straight! basically i stripped them down gave them a quick clear coat and they came up a treat!

Oxidization on the bonnet and roof was starting to appear on the car too which i was actually stumped at, hit the panels with a buff and a decent details and i had the bonnet and roof more glossy then what its ever been!

Ive got an xforce catback which sounds ok on idle and at full stick but while cruising its a bit fluffy. Only was to solve it was to finish it off so i got these! Herrod HPC coated extractors and cats which are basically brand new

Also ive ordered some new 20 x8.5 and 20x10 concave wheels for it to finish the look im going for! unfortunately they hit the brembos so i need to wait ill Tuesday in order to get a better offset to clear the brembos.

Pretty happy with how the cars turned out, only thing left for it is to get a sunroof, get the cats and extractors installed, tune and billet oil pump but ill wait until the new year as im possibly going europe or america next year and need to save!
wolfblass
Spooling Up

Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 24 times

Re: Wolfblass BF GT

Postby nstg8a » November 10th, 2013, 12:06 pm

Nice, these look good in white with the black stripes.

Fpv got the looks spot on with the bf's
nstg8a
Hitting N2O

Has Liked: 541 times
Been Liked: 208 times

1999 Ford Fairlane

Postby ClassicAU » November 11th, 2013, 7:13 am

Agreed, the looks mint in white! A little too low at the back for my taste though. Also, if you haven't yet, get a PBR external trans cooler immediately!
3C Volkswagen Passat 130TDi Highline Special Model - Candy White, 17's, DSG, Bi-Xenon lights, Euro lux!

*laughs maniacally* “I can do burnouts every day for the rest of my life and I'd never get sick of it! They're always awesome!” - Mike Musto
ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 109 times

Postby wolfblass » November 11th, 2013, 9:54 am

The height actually isn't bad, My ef is lower but i need to be more careful with driveways and parking as the bumpers hang quite low. Hitting them will cost a fortune to replace. Once the 20s go on i might raise it a bit but it sits straight and its not bumpy at all.

In regards to the PBR external trans cooler, i assume this is to look after the zf box? i haven't had any trouble at all with mine and the car has done 122,000km. Whats involved and benefits really to running standard?
wolfblass
Spooling Up

Postby tqure » November 11th, 2013, 10:49 am

things mint man :good:
1997 Hot Chilli Red EL XR6 Click Here
Manual, Sunroof, Tickford Kit, 19" BA GTP's, KSSL, PH4499, X-Force 100cpi Cat, Lukey 2.5" Catback
tqure
Cruising

Has Liked: 11 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Postby misk » November 11th, 2013, 11:13 am

the trans cooler is to avoid putting coolant through your auto when your radiator cracks.

car looks mint. love what you've done with it. should sound farkin sick with the extractors at that system.
XG Panelvan
EF bottom end with ported EB head, valve springs, EL ECU & J3 chip, crane HI6 CDI & MSD coil, LC-1 wideband & SSI-4 logger

soon - .595" lift cam, GT4202, forged AU engine and built head, ems stinger 4424 ecu, powerglide with 5500 high stall etc - next, bellhousing

XH ute daily - DOHC BA XR6 engine, T5, AU3 ECU with TI J3 chip, ported BBM, 3" stainless intake - 12" sub, tub liner and hard lid - mass skids and epic tyre carrying capabilities :)
misk
Melting Pistons

Has Liked: 298 times
Been Liked: 295 times

Postby ClassicAU » November 11th, 2013, 3:20 pm : nstg8a Likes this post

As Misk said, it bypasses the standard heat exchanger to avoid coolant getting into the ZF and trans fluid getting into the coolant. It is a common issue with the seals that keep them apart failing. You may not have any issues now, but it can happen at any time. My BF had roughly the same kms on it as yours has now when the ZF was destroyed due to this issue. It's less a performance mod, and more saving you from a $6k ZF rebuild! Look up the 'milkshake' issue and you'll see what I mean!
3C Volkswagen Passat 130TDi Highline Special Model - Candy White, 17's, DSG, Bi-Xenon lights, Euro lux!

*laughs maniacally* “I can do burnouts every day for the rest of my life and I'd never get sick of it! They're always awesome!” - Mike Musto
ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 109 times

Postby SnipeZ » November 11th, 2013, 4:02 pm

Who ordered the large strawberry milkshake??

Cheers
1998 EL XR6 - Stolen
1997 EL Fairmont V8 - Current
5.0 V8
Full Leather
EL GT Headers
2"1/2 Twin System
FPV Dark Argent
Full Tickford Lip Kit
Low :)
Soon To Be Manual
SnipeZ
Hitting N2O

Has Liked: 235 times
Been Liked: 170 times

Postby nstg8a » November 11th, 2013, 4:50 pm

I didn't think there was an aftermarket cooler available for the v8s yet? I thought the pwr radiator was the only option.
nstg8a
Hitting N2O

Has Liked: 541 times
Been Liked: 208 times

1999 Ford Fairlane

Postby pHaT`eL » November 11th, 2013, 6:48 pm

Guess ill be seeing this soon? :P
[XGZ-566] 2009 BF3 XT EGAS WAGON
| 19x9 & 19X10 WORK EUROLINE'S | LOWERED |

[MR-PGR] 1980 XD FAIRMONT WAGON
| EFI WINDSOR | 14X8 & 14X10 12 SLOTTER'S | VENETIANS |

PREVIOUS RIDES: [WANTD-6] 2002 AU3 EGAS FORTE WAGON | [POPS4L] 1995 EF GLi WAGON | [EBW-302] 1991 EB GL WAGON V8 | [PHATEL] 1998 EL FAIRMONT TURBO

phat GUARD ROLLING | 0429 093 302 | facebook
pHaT`eL

Has Liked: 42 times
Been Liked: 242 times

1991 Ford Falcon

Postby wolfblass » November 11th, 2013, 8:09 pm

Ill have to do some more research on it, seems to be kits for the 6s though and not the 8s. Pete i couldn't find the time to head down your way so i had a stab at it myself, pretty happy with the outcome and i didn't crack the paint:)

Cant wait to whack on the extractors and cats on but unfortunately it will have to be in the new year. At least ive got them here so i can get them done as soon as i can.

Hopefully will get my wheels done tomorrow too.
wolfblass
Spooling Up

Postby icachn » November 16th, 2013, 3:59 am

looks mint mate. :D
BF 2 XR6 2007, Winter White, Gas Injection, Tint, FG XR Lux 19s, XR8 Snorkel , K&N panel Filter ., kicker 5x7 front and rear speakers., jvc bluetooth head unit
icachn
Spooling Up

Has Liked: 74 times
Been Liked: 25 times

1991 Ford Fairmont

Postby wolfblass » November 17th, 2013, 12:12 am : AFORDZY, tqure Likes this post

Ended up getting my wheels...Vertini dynastys, 20x10 rears and 20x8.5 fronts with legal redwalls in 15mm. Went to the hwy meet then to prinny after with a few of my mates. Awesome group of fpvs and hsvs together for a bit which was good fun

Heres a photo that was taken on the night
wolfblass
Spooling Up

Postby SnipeZ » November 17th, 2013, 10:32 am

Looks mint mate. Need better pics of wheels in light.

Cheers
1998 EL XR6 - Stolen
1997 EL Fairmont V8 - Current
5.0 V8
Full Leather
EL GT Headers
2"1/2 Twin System
FPV Dark Argent
Full Tickford Lip Kit
Low :)
Soon To Be Manual
SnipeZ
Hitting N2O

Has Liked: 235 times
Been Liked: 170 times

Postby icachn » November 17th, 2013, 1:50 pm

wheels look nice, saw yr pic on instagram too.!!
BF 2 XR6 2007, Winter White, Gas Injection, Tint, FG XR Lux 19s, XR8 Snorkel , K&N panel Filter ., kicker 5x7 front and rear speakers., jvc bluetooth head unit
icachn
Spooling Up

Has Liked: 74 times
Been Liked: 25 times

1991 Ford Fairmont

Postby wolfblass » April 5th, 2015, 9:36 am : staunchxr, SVT8 Likes this post

Been a while since i updated this, car is going strong but have recently had all damage repaired and sunroof fitted. Sound system was pulled out and im upgrading.

Basically going to blower path and with the sale of my other car which is in the for sale section. I will be putting either a yella terra or a kenne bell blower. Im leaning towards the yella terra because of the hidden look but love the sound a kenne bell makes so it is a tough decision:). But this will be happening in he next few months as an xcal 4 and billit oil pump will also be going on. Anything over the 360rwkw is be enough and hopefully give my old mans 335 a run!

Rebuilt the whole front end with superpro bushings and genuine hub assemblies. Also installed my diffilipo hpc coated extractors and high flow cats which make the car sound like an animal

wolfblass
Spooling Up

Postby vegabass » May 6th, 2015, 8:22 pm

pics of the interior plastics? ;)
Law of Probability - The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

vegabass
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 40 times
Been Liked: 120 times

Return to The Showroom