El Fairmont wagon.

Post pics of your rides here

El Fairmont wagon.

Postby nstg8a » August 9th, 2015, 10:52 pm

After pulling the pin on my au fairlane I needed a new ride . Went to the auctions and in a moment of weakness, desperation and or blind stupidity ended up buying a vy commodore S, with the supercharged v6.

Clearly me and auctions don't mix, it turned out to be a bucket of the highest magnitude. Lost $1500 on it and sold it for parts a week later. Looked all right but.

So with that putting a hole in my car funds (me and the missus have an agreement my car addiction has to be self funded lol) I needed to find something cheap.

Dude round the corner from home has had this wagon for sale for $1300 for months, I've eyed it up a few times, but never thought seriously about it.

Went and looked, it's a genuine old car, few bumps and bruises and the paint is literally falling of it in flakes in places. But everything works except the heater so offered him $700 which he accepted, so I dropped a deposit on it and picked it up a few days later. (I had promised the missus no more cars until I had gotten rid of two lol)

Went through a rwc yesterday and it only needed a seatbelt to pass, so rego on payday and it's all go.

Not sure if il,just drive it yet, or do a few things to do it. There is a fairly cheap xr close to home for sale which I may grap for its lights and wheels. I like the look of an xr wagon.

It certainly drives a lot different to the fairlane.
nstg8a
Hitting N2O

Has Liked: 541 times
Been Liked: 208 times

1999 Ford Fairlane

Re: El Fairmont wagon.

Postby nstg8a » August 9th, 2015, 11:24 pm

One do the first things I wanna do it try and tidy it up a bit, so I figured I'd start with an easy removable piece first.

Had to come off anyway as one of the number plate lights had come adrift and was floating around illumination the inside of the tailgate.

Gave it a quick sand, and threw some plastic primer and rattle can white on it. Passes the 5 metre test anyway. Definitely tidies the rear up a bit.

Thinking of colour coding the centre piece in the grille next. Just a pain in the ass pulling the grill apart.
nstg8a
Hitting N2O

1999 Ford Fairlane

Postby TUFEF » August 10th, 2015, 11:12 am

That's a good score. What's the inside like?
(TUFEF) 96 Ef Fairmont Ghia, Turbo+ Screamer pipe= Daily Fun
TUFEF
Idling

Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Postby fezza » August 10th, 2015, 1:26 pm

Heater actuator easy knocks $500 off the price. what a shit job that is. My white sedan el fairmont had the same issue when i bought it.
SZ Territory Titanium - Diesel AWD, TDC powerbox
EL XR6 - currently undergoing a rear mount set up, T56, 11" double plate ACE clutch, CP pistons, Spool rods, TO4e Garrett 360 core
EL Fairmont Ghia - 18" five spokers, full 2.5" exhaust, despoiled boot, Airbag Suspension
TE Cortina - 250 X Flow, MSD 6AL-2, Yella Terra lifters, Camtech, Ausse Speed Manifold, EF crank, Holly 350, T5, Locked diff
fezza
Cruising

Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Postby nstg8a » August 10th, 2015, 5:16 pm

fezza wrote:Heater actuator easy knocks $500 off the price. what a shit job that is. My white sedan el fairmont had the same issue when i bought it.

Don't need a heater in Brisbane anyway, doesn't get cold enough. At works, that's all I care about.

Tufef, interior is pretty tidy, hasn't been a smokers car. No complaints. Some of the window switches are a bit lazy, so il pull them apart and give them a clean out.
nstg8a
Hitting N2O

1999 Ford Fairlane

Return to The Showroom