1998 EL XR8 S2 Oxford Green

Post pics of your rides here

1998 EL XR8 S2 Oxford Green

Postby OXFRD8 » August 16th, 2015, 10:47 am

just a few pictures of my 98 EL xr8 s2 falcon, converted to 5 speed now running rotas.

OLD WHEELS IN PICTURES BELOW

CHEERS!
OXFRD8
Cranking Over

Has Liked: 0 time
Been Liked: 0 time

Re: 1998 EL XR8 S2 Oxford Green

Postby R31 Mark » August 16th, 2015, 5:27 pm

Hi mate seen this on mobtards haha, looks rad, you running coilovers? front would looks mint if it was brought down just a smidge.

Also how did you go about the conversion? did you get a garage to do it or diy? I want a manny in my 4.0 ED but I'm too pussy to get under the car and do all that, too much for me haha

*edit also what offset are those dang wheels man? cheers
93 ED Falcon 4.0, Pacemaker 4499''s, 2 1/2" Lukey Catback exhaust, XH Snorkel, EA TB to airbox pipe, DIY Shift kit, King Superlows.
R31 Mark
Idling

Has Liked: 49 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Re: 1998 EL XR8 S2 Oxford Green

Postby OXFRD8 » August 17th, 2015, 9:22 am

Hey mate, running lovell super low springs with pedders sports rider shortened shocks rear and pedders red springs with sports rider lowered shocks front, i did put lovell super low springs in the front but think he supplied me 6 springs, was way to low and ripped my guards to shit when turning.. no they're not rolled but the back was heaps high and the front was tucking tyre even before the springs had time to settle.

Conversion was a prick because i have exhaust pipes either side, but yes did it myself.. done a couple on 6's and its a piece of pie, biggest anoyance on the 6 is the starter motor bolts, once they're done its an easy stretch ahead, im using a mal wood clutch pedal pin because ive done pedal box swaps before and ive lost interest in ripping the dash out.

it is quiet easy..Something you have to give a go to learn i suppose haha there is plenty of guides around.

Wheels are 18x9.5 +12 front and 18x10+12 rear with a 10mm spacer on fronts to clear suspension.

thanks mate
OXFRD8
Cranking Over

Has Liked: 0 time
Been Liked: 0 time

Return to The Showroom