Re: Wolfblass XR-GHIA - UPDATES

Post pics of your rides here

Re: Wolfblass XR-GHIA - UPDATES + TROPHY

Postby freerider » November 27th, 2011, 9:50 pm : wolfblass Likes this post

wow looks good man whatd you use to get a nice shine like that my paints a bit old and worn so ive been looking out for good products
freerider
Spooling Up

Has Liked: 9 times
Been Liked: 14 times

Postby wolfblass » November 28th, 2011, 9:28 am

Thanks everyone for all the comments, freerider.. Im starting up my own detail business so i have my own products that i use when i detail cars. If you like PM me and i can give you some advice on some mint products. Only prob is if you dont know how to use the machine and you dont use the right cutting compound you can seriously fark your paint up lol.

If your unsure whether do to it, let me know and i can give you a costing for me to do it pending your location.
wolfblass
Spooling Up

Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 24 times

Postby deansxr6 » November 28th, 2011, 10:19 am

Congrats for yesterday man !! Love the car, looks insane.
DAILY 1993 EB S XR6 5 SPEED, 19"s, 1636, LSD, LOW.PROJECT 1988 VL CALAIS FIT-VLT RB30DET
deansxr6
Cruising

Has Liked: 27 times
Been Liked: 13 times

Re: Wolfblass XR-GHIA - UPDATES + TROPHEY

Postby Eb Barbie » November 28th, 2011, 11:09 am

wolfblass wrote:Image

Love this pic, colour looked awesome in the shed! :)
Past: EB Falcon Turbo
Now: AU Fairlane V8
Eb Barbie
Hitting N2O

Has Liked: 106 times
Been Liked: 71 times

Postby SLO247 » November 28th, 2011, 11:30 am

Sexy as mate, congratulations on the win. Well deserved. Its come a long way since you bought it. :D
SLO247
Cruising

Been Liked: 6 times

Postby apoc » November 28th, 2011, 1:23 pm

Daaaaaaaamn! Thats mint as!
Fantastic work on the car. Looks the goods, would love to see this in person one day.
1974 XB GT here, 1975 XB GT, 1972 XA GT, 1970 Mach 1 Mustang, 1946 Jailbar, 1983 XE GL, KTM 200EXC, XT500SM & various wrecks
EB Falcon, AU2 XR8, AU3 XR6 here
1992 Nissan Patrol - 2" lift, 33s, TB42e, LPG here
2014 FG GT 335 - Silhouette, ZF here
apoc
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 136 times
Been Liked: 100 times

1992 Ford Falcon

Postby .tapeworm » November 28th, 2011, 5:36 pm

The bulge looks good n your car as you don't have any other shit on the bonnet, like xr vents & stickers, this is what makes them look tacky on some e-series imho.
She dreamt she was a bulldozer - she dreamt she was alone in a field
.tapeworm
Cruising

Been Liked: 13 times

Postby blackout » November 28th, 2011, 7:22 pm

Sensational looking car mate, fantastic colour too.

Out of curiosity, excuse my ignorance, but is that bodykit as simple as perhaps buying one from fibre sports and having it fitted and painted? Or is there something else that is required for these kits. They look spectacular with no rear wing.
SCD703 - 96 EL Fairmont, Extra mildly built v8. In for paint (20.2.21)
blackout
Idling

Has Liked: 0 time
Been Liked: 0 time

Postby wolfblass » November 28th, 2011, 8:04 pm

Thanks again for the comments, i didn't want a bulge with any stickers or flutes as it does make it look poxy.. hence why its just the bulge. I had the washer jets relocated onto the cover where the window wiper are and still operate 100% fine.

Blackout - To tell you the truth mate, i purchased that bodykit in pieces.. literally, the rear bar was in 3 pieces and i fibreglassed it all back to shape, front was mashed too. The side skirts was in 2 pieces and i fixed them all up and threw some paint on them. The whole kit is a fibreglass one but it fits up good, theres no trick for putting them on.. they screw on fine.

Next on the cards is the boot install. I have ideas for this and it will be pretty decent, i will trim the whole boot too in cappa to match the interior.
wolfblass
Spooling Up

Postby blackout » November 28th, 2011, 8:17 pm

Any engine plans?
blackout
Idling

Postby wolfblass » November 28th, 2011, 8:50 pm : LUXO_8 Likes this post

the engine is built.. pretty much waiting for my p's to run out so i can throw on some boost..

will most likely be putting on a stage 4 snort kit, plenum and running it through a c10 or power glide.. dunno yet but in the meantime i may as well do the boot finish off sound system and custom interior:)

something like this for the interior.. not bucket seats or as ricey.. but a similar look to them and obviously in cappa and the rear sets will be converted to a 2 seater.

wolfblass
Spooling Up

Postby EFFalcon » November 28th, 2011, 8:55 pm

Good plan, keep everything 100% as you go, keep the trophy's rollin in :P
EFFalcon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Has Liked: 26 times
Been Liked: 765 times

1995 Ford Falcon

Postby blackout » November 28th, 2011, 8:55 pm

Fuckin' yeah man; those seats look horn.

Despite the massive power; I still can't understand so much love for 6's. Ahh; v8s !
blackout
Idling

Postby wolfblass » November 28th, 2011, 9:02 pm

Thats the plan EFFalcon, from looking at your thread.. may give the lip spoiler a go..might finish the bulk look off.

Blackout - the whole fam all own V8s, im the only 6... to keep it up there boost is the only decision!
wolfblass
Spooling Up

Postby galapogos01 » November 28th, 2011, 9:13 pm

This car has come so far! Great work!
galapogos01
Hitting N2O

Has Liked: 302 times
Been Liked: 89 times

1995 Ford Fairmont

Postby mad_keen » December 1st, 2011, 7:07 am

:O your car definitely moved up my list of best looking eseries! That colour is amazing! Cant believe your still on your p's lol. Good work! :drinks2:
mad_keen
Full Boost

Has Liked: 25 times
Been Liked: 44 times

1996 Ford Falcon

Postby braad » December 1st, 2011, 8:41 am

Wow! Amazing wolfblass. It's a great advertisement for your detailing work! If I lived in Vic I'd bring my car for some work.

It's also great to see the progress. Can't wait to see what you do with the boot, interior and boost!
braad
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 175 times
Been Liked: 67 times

1996 Ford XR-Ghia V8

Postby Sunboost » December 1st, 2011, 9:54 am

Looks great bud. Always loved a clean Bordeaux EF. The XR front set it off.
Edge FG G6ET 50th Anniversary
Vixen BF F6 R-Spec
Sunboost

Has Liked: 98 times
Been Liked: 471 times

Postby wolfblass » February 7th, 2012, 4:03 pm

may as well update this...

Im in the process of making a lip spoiler for the car, been a bit of a mission but its looking pretty good. I need to fix a couple more things with it then i should have some photos up for some feedback. In the meantime i thought i might as well get a quote on the full interior overhaul which was a fair bit expensive but its going to be what i want.

Custom front seats with bolests on the lower and upper cushion. Im going to keep it a 3 seater as apparently you need to get it engineered and i CBF with that, therefore the rear will also have bolests to hug you more. Its going to be all leather pretty much in the same colour or in the theme of FBT interiors. Getting the console lid done, door trims, plush carpet and EL GT woodgrain steering wheel retrimed in cappa to suit.

I also got them to provide a quote for the boot setup which will hold the 2 subs, 3 amps, capacitor and the possibility of a screen + speakers on the underside of the bootlid, if not ill get it embroided. The price is a little steep $$$$, but for the work creative auto interiors does, i wont be disappointed. Im still going to shop around for different quotes but i guess i have a rough idea on how much i am looking at.
wolfblass
Spooling Up

Postby SLO247 » February 7th, 2012, 4:46 pm

Thats exactly what I'd do with the interior too. Thought about getting the console done? And the handbrake and shifter re done?
SLO247
Cruising

Been Liked: 6 times

Postby EF ECTIV » February 7th, 2012, 5:56 pm

always been a fan of this... loving the ideas for the interior.... should make it even more of a standout....
EF ECTIV
Coming Soon: Ford Strokers 363 Windsor, BorgWarner s400 sx3 76mm, 60mm Turbosmart gate, TH400 box, Kaaz diff

2013 G6E Turbo

Stock daily

Allfast Torque Converters 08 9249 3066
EF ECTIV
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 166 times

Postby bng » February 7th, 2012, 6:13 pm

Love this thing. Without a doubt my fav eseries. Love the colour. This thing will be the next JETXR... But better
bng
Spooling Up

Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 18 times

Postby DJV8T5 » February 7th, 2012, 6:31 pm

This car is so mint. Everything seems to be just right on it. Great work mate.
DJV8T5
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 216 times
Been Liked: 88 times

Postby wolfblass » February 8th, 2012, 3:23 pm

Thanks guys for the comments!!

Yeah i will be getting the handbrake lever, gear shifter done also but thinking about leather dash etc.. but atm i could do without it. Im still going to go around to Sew fine interiors and auto image interiors and see what figure they come up with before i commit.

JETXR is a standout, theres things i liked and disliked on it.. that engine is just insane. I will boost it one day to complete the whole package but atm the interior is on the cards.

if anybody can recommend some other joints that can do custom interiors + boot installs that are GOOD! please let me know as there is a posibility it will get done in the next month.

EF ECTIV - i remmember prior to getting my car i saw yours in streetfords, i knew i wanted an ef/el. What you have done to it is what i will be doing to mine! your is in my top 5. That engine bay shot is absolutly horn! especially now with the shaved engine bay!!!
wolfblass
Spooling Up

Postby superhuS! » February 8th, 2012, 3:44 pm

I could do your dash for you :P
EL XR6
Koni - Lovell's SSL - Camtech 845 - Headwork - 3.9 LSD - Tickford Kit - Sunroof

1998 XR-Ghia MKII
No XR Ghia and no boost make Hussy something something
superhuS!
Full Boost

Has Liked: 102 times
Been Liked: 312 times

1998 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Postby wolfblass » February 8th, 2012, 3:50 pm

yeah you could hus:) but im going to see what they charge for the dash first.. if not im happy to do it after, ill just buy some left over cappa leather so it all matches:)
wolfblass
Spooling Up

Postby superhuS! » February 8th, 2012, 5:06 pm

in excess of $2K. Auto Image quoted me $3.5K, and there's this leather joint on the corner of Murray rd and Sydney rd that does interiors, and he's good with the shit. He quoted $2.5K for the dash.

Ill be doing it for ~$600 installed :D cheaper if you provide leather.
EL XR6

1998 XR-Ghia MKII
superhuS!
Full Boost

Has Liked: 102 times
Been Liked: 312 times

1998 Ford Fairmont Ghia

Postby wolfblass » February 8th, 2012, 5:09 pm

holy ****, 2.5k for a dash!! man i might hit you up on it after i get the interior done lol
wolfblass
Spooling Up

Postby EF ECTIV » February 8th, 2012, 5:35 pm

wolfblass wrote:JETXR is a standout, theres things i liked and disliked on it.. that engine is just insane. I will boost it one day to complete the whole package but atm the interior is on the cards.

EF ECTIV - i remmember prior to getting my car i saw yours in streetfords, i knew i wanted an ef/el. What you have done to it is what i will be doing to mine! your is in my top 5. That engine bay shot is absolutly horn! especially now with the shaved engine bay!!!

feel the same way about JETXR; although there's things I'd do differently it remains the standout eseries... mint in basically all areas...

Thanks for the comments on mine; always good hearing stuff like that... Pretty happy with the bay; shouldve got the firewall
smoothed though (maybe next time haha)

Once I get around to redoing my interior (after the bay and built motor) I plan on having the dash done in black/grey
Alcantara or suede with EL GT style seats with diamond stitching, black carpet and EL GT woodgrain all round.... have
you considered alcantara or something like that? Would look classy IMO and could be a good alternative to leather....
EF ECTIV
Coming Soon: Ford Strokers 363 Windsor, BorgWarner s400 sx3 76mm, 60mm Turbosmart gate, TH400 box, Kaaz diff

2013 G6E Turbo

Stock daily

EF ECTIV
Breaking Traction

Postby wolfblass » February 8th, 2012, 5:53 pm

its funny when you finish something, look at it again and think shit i should of done that too ahaha.

I always thought about doing it black too, but id have to change everything!! and honestly i dont think cappa looks that bad! Your interior idea sounds mint, but trying to find el gt seats will be a pain in the ass hence why im going custom as i couldn't find a FBT interior. Might work out cheaper in the long run and i will appreciate it as i got it built to how i want with the extra bolests etc. Alcantara wouldn't really suit in a ghia, id have to stick to leather to keep the classy look but it does look good!
wolfblass
Spooling Up

Postby John_LS1 » February 8th, 2012, 6:03 pm

saw this parked at bayford's the other day while i was getting some centre caps for my dad.

looks very clean mate and definitely one of the nicer E-series getting around.
VZ Berlina 408 stroker, TH400 with TCE 4500 converter, 3.9's with trutrac, difilippo 1 7/8 headers and 3 inch Exhaust.
John_LS1
Spooling Up

Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 4 times

Postby EFFalcon » February 8th, 2012, 8:24 pm

Amazing what a bit on inspiration does.. i can't wait to get stuck back into my interior :P
EFFalcon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Has Liked: 26 times
Been Liked: 765 times

1995 Ford Falcon

Postby wolfblass » February 8th, 2012, 9:56 pm

thanks john ls1, i was running around for paint for my old man..gave me the wrong codes and shit!

your right john, hence why im doing the spoiler:)
wolfblass
Spooling Up

Re: Wolfblass XR-GHIA

Postby wolfblass » March 10th, 2012, 6:20 pm

Might update this...

I havn't done anything to the car as ive just start a new job after completing my studies and have just been driving it daily. I have purchasing a difilippo intake off another member which im yet to pickup but that's about it. The interior is also on hold as starting my new job has been first priority. I still want to get it done, but im leaning now just towards a factory leather retrim with bolests and a tickford logo in the seat just like the t-series. i will also get new plush carpet.

Been absolutely stumped on pricing for a boot install so im going to do it myself and make it bigger then what i initially thought. Im going to do the boot lid also but only as an embroidery.

i never entered it in all ford day (i regret) but i did catchup with a few mates and cruise down together to check it all out.

ATM im in mixed minds if i should sell this as something more tempting has come up... the reason why im thinking of getting rid of it is because my old man is giving his gt to me.

Its a 6 speed auto, white with black stripe combination which is VERY rare surprisingly. It currently has a bluepower intake on it and i just purchased Pedders XA coilovers for it. Its much lower then the photo as i just installed them today. i want to do the following to it..

- difillipo big boy exhaust WITH exhaust cut off valves before the diff
- tune it
- sunroof
- some kind of 20s which do not make it look cheap...
- full system with leather interior.

ive been told by many not to sell my car but if i do get rid of it a kenne bell is on the cards.. I just cant justify the hard work i have put into the ef to get it where it is today for a part. i still have 1 year till i get the gt.. but its practially mine as my old man is getting an XB GT for his 50th.

all that i can say is that if i do keep it... im going all out.
wolfblass
Spooling Up

Postby EF ECTIV » March 11th, 2012, 2:33 am

If youre undecided about the XR-ghia (which I hope you never sell cos its unreal) maybe the best bet would be to park it
for a while until you decide what to do with it... nothing worse then deciding to sell it and then regretting it later after
its changed hands... Wish my old man would give me a GT :drinks2:
EF ECTIV

2013 G6E Turbo

Stock daily

EF ECTIV
Breaking Traction

Postby get_an_ea_today » March 11th, 2012, 2:34 am

Giving????? You can't be serious!

'07 BF Fairlane Ghia - ZF 6 Speed Auto, Silhouette, Black Leather Interior

Mods - Plazmaman CAI, Octane Tint, Plazmaman Billet Oil Cap, K&N 3" Pod Filter, 20" Koya Rex Rims

Audio - Kenwood KDC-U6049 Headunit, 6" KS6.2 Kicker 75wrms Components, 6" KS60 Kicker 65wrms, 2 x 12" CompVR Kicker Subwoofers 800wrms, Option Audio OAK75 4 way 75wrms Amp, Option Audio OAX2000 Monoblock 2000wrms Amp
get_an_ea_today
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 139 times
Been Liked: 20 times

Postby braad » March 12th, 2012, 9:15 am

Unreallllll! BF GT's are the bomb

I agree with EF ECTIV. Just park it if need be rather than sell it. You've done way too much to just part with it. It's immaculate
braad
Breaking Traction

1996 Ford XR-Ghia V8

Postby braad » May 1st, 2012, 8:37 am

Any updates?
Anything happen re boot instal/interior?
braad
Breaking Traction

1996 Ford XR-Ghia V8

Postby wolfblass » May 6th, 2012, 11:38 am

Not much really has been going on with the car lately, just been driving it daily to work and enjoying it. I've only added a difillipo intake which cleans up the bay a bit, got the sound system all together.. just need one more specific amp and its all set to be built.

Tempted to throw boost on now, but being on p's its stopping me but i have the coin for it. Interior is on hold until i get the boot install all done then i will clean up the interior.
wolfblass
Spooling Up

Postby superhuS! » May 6th, 2012, 11:42 am

Just farking boost it.
EL XR6

1998 XR-Ghia MKII
superhuS!