XH turbo ute, BF ECU BA motor tr6060

Post pics of your rides here

XH turbo ute, BF ECU BA motor tr6060

Postby misk » August 23rd, 2013, 3:11 pm

so bought this last week for $800 with reg. came with NOS tailgate, bit of a stereo, lowered all round, 17" BA XR wheels and spacers, k&n panel filter, lockable hardlid, tub liner, towbar, 2.5" catback and a BA steering wheel.
wasn't in bad condition but had been let go a bit. the biggest things it needs for a roady are windscreen and some rust repaired in the sills.

at the time of picking it up i noticed it needed the following fixed: drivers seat belt, steering wheel, windscreen, rust in sills, bent steering rack, oil leak from valve cover, drivers side headlight globe, drivers door handle, drivers door lock, windscreen wiper blades and motor, drivers door trim, re-fit interior plastics... theres a few other things but really not much.

i've fixed everything except the rust, windscreen, rack and steering wheel.
my brother has an XH wreck at his wifes dads farm i think it is, so ill get what i need off that. inside i've put some polk 4" speakers in the dash and will end up putting some alpine 6" speakers in the doors when i replace the door trims with better items. it has a pioneer slimline 12" sub but i dont like it so i've got a rockford fosgate T2 12" sub that ill make a custom box to go behind and between the seats for and run off the option audio OAX2000 monoblock.

other than that plans are to fit a BBM, pacemaker 4480 extractors, wade 1521a, j3 with tune and an LSD. ill also sand it back and do a closed door respray. hoping to make it a nice car so when time comes to sell it will get a decent bit of coin. i also lined up an XR6 front for it but ended up having to use the money for something else.
the interior has been subjected to a bit of P plate modding with some painting of shit here and there lol. ill fit the EL dash i have in black or go through and paint everything black properly. i fitted a standard black EF dash which has normal globes and its 11ty times better than the blue rubber covered globes in the other dash lol.

its soooo good being in a manual RWD car for a change and only highlights how shit the BTR is for a falcon with standard gears. it will go in for a roady in just over a week. i may end up using this for a daily and make the panelvan into a drag car or something, but just taking things as the come. this may also get a gas conversion if i cant get the fuel economy any better than 600ks to a tank but im loading an economy tune onto the J3 tonight to see how much it improves as at the moment the oil smells like fuel and there is a fair amount of unburnt fuel in the exhaust so it should improve alot.

edit - ive also got some 19" bboss eleanours to put on which will have 285s at the back

Last edited by misk on September 21st, 2014, 5:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
XG Panelvan
EF bottom end with ported EB head, valve springs, EL ECU & J3 chip, crane HI6 CDI & MSD coil, LC-1 wideband & SSI-4 logger

soon - .595" lift cam, GT4202, forged AU engine and built head, ems stinger 4424 ecu, powerglide with 5500 high stall etc - next, bellhousing

XH ute daily - DOHC BA XR6 engine, T5, AU3 ECU with TI J3 chip, ported BBM, 3" stainless intake - 12" sub, tub liner and hard lid - mass skids and epic tyre carrying capabilities :)
misk
Melting Pistons

Has Liked: 298 times
Been Liked: 295 times

Re: XH ute

Postby EFFalcon » August 23rd, 2013, 3:30 pm

tidy looking car for the $$.
EFFalcon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Has Liked: 26 times
Been Liked: 765 times

1995 Ford Falcon

Postby misk » August 23rd, 2013, 3:34 pm

sure beats the festiva as a daily :P
i need to get a sticker or two for it
XG Panelvan
EF bottom end with ported EB head, valve springs, EL ECU & J3 chip, crane HI6 CDI & MSD coil, LC-1 wideband & SSI-4 logger

soon - .595" lift cam, GT4202, forged AU engine and built head, ems stinger 4424 ecu, powerglide with 5500 high stall etc - next, bellhousing

XH ute daily - DOHC BA XR6 engine, T5, AU3 ECU with TI J3 chip, ported BBM, 3" stainless intake - 12" sub, tub liner and hard lid - mass skids and epic tyre carrying capabilities :)
misk
Melting Pistons

Postby misk » August 25th, 2013, 6:35 pm

So I just noticed that the ute runs pretty cold. It never goes close to the L in normal on the gauge.
I'm assuming this means it never gets out of warm up enrichment so that could explain the fuel use.

Does this look like a high flow thermostat?
I tested in a pot with my spare and they both open at the same time but this one has a massive hole in it.

XG Panelvan

misk
Melting Pistons

Postby NUT347 » August 25th, 2013, 7:46 pm

Someone drilled a hole in it.
NUT347
Melting Pistons

Has Liked: 911 times
Been Liked: 1254 times

Postby raa4.0L » August 25th, 2013, 8:23 pm

We used to do that to the cabs so the convertor wouldn't freeze at start up

Sent from my GT-N7105T using Tapatalk 2
Check this out for a cool ford!
http://myweb.westnet.com.au/meanstreak/
raa4.0L
Spooling Up

Has Liked: 31 times
Been Liked: 17 times

Postby nstg8a » August 25th, 2013, 8:53 pm

Just bung the spare in and see if there's a difference...

Looks like a good score for the coin, how bad are the sills? Parts alone its worth that... Those bonnets and guards are quickly becoming unobtainable. Don't bend it.
nstg8a
Hitting N2O

Has Liked: 541 times
Been Liked: 208 times

1999 Ford Fairlane

Postby misk » August 25th, 2013, 9:19 pm

Yeah I figured its got a hole that's not factory lol.
I'm going for a drive shortly so ill see if it heats up quicker or more.

And yhe passenger sill is pretty rooted, drivers side has only a 50c piece sized bit that can be welded and painted without cutting.
XG Panelvan

misk
Melting Pistons

Postby XHBrad » August 25th, 2013, 9:35 pm

Looks great for the price! Every thread on an XH makes me miss mine more and more :/...

As far as the rust that seems to be the common way, mine had bugger all in the drivers sill, and the passenger side was non existent behind the bodykit..
2013 SR5 Hilux 5 speed, mostly stock....
93 ED XR6- 5 speed, ultralows, koni reds, FTRs, LSD, leather seats, 4499 paceys, 2.5" exhaust, gutted cat, doof doof sound system, XH snorkel, MOMO wheel..SOLD (sadface)
XHBrad
Cruising

Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 25 times

Postby misk » August 25th, 2013, 10:51 pm

It hests up to just on the letter l now and gets there a lot quicker.
I guess ill try a hotter thermostat when I get paid.
XG Panelvan

misk
Melting Pistons

Postby DJV8T5 » August 25th, 2013, 10:57 pm

damn that is a nice ute. I want my XH back :(

But that was one of the things I lost when I was married...another mistake from the past.

Hopefully it comes back with a small/easy list for you
DJV8T5
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 216 times
Been Liked: 88 times

Postby xgxr6 » August 26th, 2013, 7:28 am

Looks good buddy, Sweet find! :good:
Straight vapor injection gas turbo xhxr6
Build thread
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20028
Pretty pics and video
http://yourford.com.au/2013/featured/st ... xr6-turbo/
xgxr6
Cruising

Has Liked: 18 times
Been Liked: 11 times

Postby Jayedxr6 » August 26th, 2013, 7:59 am

Isnt it au steering wheel? Looks good man

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4
Xh falcon turbo. 420rwhp 16 psi.
Jayedxr6
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 179 times
Been Liked: 149 times

1994 Ford ED Falcon XR6

Postby misk » August 27th, 2013, 7:07 pm

Nah that's an el wheel its just missing the shit at the top.

I put a bbm on this this arvo. **** me the log manifold sucks balls!
But can anyone help me with what injectors go where?
In the eb and xg there is only 2 different wire colors per bank but in the xh there's a few different colors accross the banks so I've got no idea which goes where...
XG Panelvan

misk
Melting Pistons

Postby misk » August 31st, 2013, 5:08 pm : XHBrad Likes this post

Put the 285s on thr 19s and put them on as well as picked up a bunch of stuff to fix the remaining problems
Ill put up more detail later but I reckon the rims and fat tyres suit it well!

XG Panelvan

misk
Melting Pistons

Postby TAXI » August 31st, 2013, 5:58 pm

Looks good but will that make it past a cop car. In sa they would start writing the defect before they chuck the uturn.
TAXI
Spooling Up

Has Liked: 8 times
Been Liked: 27 times

Postby misk » August 31st, 2013, 6:28 pm

What for?
XG Panelvan

misk
Melting Pistons

Postby TAXI » August 31st, 2013, 6:52 pm

Its low, in sa if ya cant put your foot between the tyre and arch ya screwed. But you probably have decent cops/laws . But I like it
TAXI
Spooling Up

Postby misk » August 31st, 2013, 7:10 pm

Nah we have shit cops but they go by the actual lowest point of the car. Not the tyre
XG Panelvan

misk
Melting Pistons

Postby misk » August 31st, 2013, 8:28 pm : orannaunlof Likes this post

I changed the thermostat today and seems to have done the job. The old one must've been fucked. Found that the overflow bottle is cracked though. So gotta go to the wreckers again lol.

Also noticed there's an adjustable kmac camver kit in the front which is a good surprise.
I put a carpeted cover on the back wall inside so it looks a bit nicer and is a little quieter. Fixed an exhaust leak and changed the fuel filter.
Tomorrow I'm going to do the fuel pump and sender, fix the pass. Door lock, change and flush oil and filter, wire bbm switch, replace overflow bottle and maybe do the extractors if I have time.

I ordered an oxygen sensor as well so that will be here some time during the week.
Its already driving better and is better to drive so I'm enjoying maintaining a car for a change haha. Really want it to be at the point that nothing becomes worn out or deteriorated so it stays as a good car.
Gotta get pete to roll the guards too! Scrubs a bit in the back over bumps.

Do people ever put ghia or lane or ltd fronts on xhs?
Kinda thought it would look alright
XG Panelvan

misk
Melting Pistons

Postby TAXI » August 31st, 2013, 8:56 pm

I dont think a lane bonnet will fit.
TAXI
Spooling Up

Postby misk » August 31st, 2013, 8:58 pm

Didn't think so. Just started a thread anyway lol couldn't find any info on google
XG Panelvan

misk
Melting Pistons

Postby misk » September 29th, 2013, 12:28 am

Been doing bits and pieces to this.
Extractors and bbm made things sound good. Got this replacement sill ready to go. Also found out there is reset leaf springs and the air adjustable shocks under the back.
Picked up 2x 19" & 2x20" dark argents which need some cracks repaired but will look mint with them on.
Anyway I typed a bigger post but cbf re typing lol.
Got an lsd to replace the noisey diff and there is now 255 60 15s under the ass.

Here's some pics

XG Panelvan

misk
Melting Pistons

Postby misk » November 8th, 2013, 8:20 pm

Picked up a dohc motor from kev for $80
Ill mod the sump and engine mounts so it fots in no worries and run an au upper bbm with the au ecu etc.
Plans are to do a light hone and replace rings and bearings. Shave the head a lil to bump up the comp and them fit extractors and underdrive pulleys to get to 180rwkw.
Would be fkn wrapped with a high 13 if it ever went to the strip.

With the manual in the ute it will be plenty of power lol but when I want more ill do cams and fg inlet for 220rwkw.

The ute needs a roady first so won't be doing the dohc swap til early next year.

XG Panelvan

misk
Melting Pistons

Postby misk » November 9th, 2013, 10:44 pm

finally put the 19s back on the rear with some good tyres. it now hooks up at least some of the time in first lol.
also made up a ghetto intake using some 3" stainless n shit i had around. its not perfect but it made a pretty massive difference in how the car runs.
i can use much less throttle to cruise around and the mid range has alot more poke. i really didn't think it would make any difference lol.

next ill actually put a filter in the airbox and make up a decent CAI for it.
also hooked up a 2x100rms amp to go with the monoblock thats running at 900rms. i wouldn't mind putting another slimline sup behind the drivers seat, 2 12s in a ute would be perfect haha. also need to get around to putting the alpine splits ive got in the doors n shit but will wait til after rego.

heres some pics n shit. i'm going to give it a good wax when the rain stops. i gave the roof a cut n wax the other day but it made barely any difference so i'll try a different product and use a polisher rather than a bugger.

XG Panelvan

misk
Melting Pistons

Postby ClassicAU » November 11th, 2013, 7:23 am

misk wrote:next ill actually put a filter in the airbox and make up a decent CAI for it.

Lol wot?!? You are running this thing with no filter at all? C'mon man, think of all the shize your motor is swallowing!!
3C Volkswagen Passat 130TDi Highline Special Model - Candy White, 17's, DSG, Bi-Xenon lights, Euro lux!

*laughs maniacally* “I can do burnouts every day for the rest of my life and I'd never get sick of it! They're always awesome!” - Mike Musto
ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 109 times

Postby misk » November 11th, 2013, 11:14 am

lol nah, just running standard paper shit
XG Panelvan

misk
Melting Pistons

Postby XHBrad » November 11th, 2013, 11:55 am

2 12" subs in the cabin will be crazy, I had one 12" in the tub and it was crazy loud haha..
2013 SR5 Hilux 5 speed, mostly stock....
93 ED XR6- 5 speed, ultralows, koni reds, FTRs, LSD, leather seats, 4499 paceys, 2.5" exhaust, gutted cat, doof doof sound system, XH snorkel, MOMO wheel..SOLD (sadface)
XHBrad
Cruising

Has Liked: 33 times
Been Liked: 25 times

Postby misk » November 11th, 2013, 12:06 pm

They're slimline though so not as loud as a normal 12. Still with 900rms through its fsir good!
XG Panelvan

misk
Melting Pistons

Postby misk » November 16th, 2013, 11:09 pm

made a post last night but i guess it didnt work lol.
gave the car a cut and wax. came up quite nice but its hard to tell unless its dark or the sun is on it directly lol.
its very slippery though, so hopefully it will be easier to clean.

also gave up on tryna sort out the engine issue and am in the middle of converting to the AU S3 ECU. only a few things to finish off tomorrow.

some pics

XG Panelvan

misk
Melting Pistons

Postby EBOOST » November 17th, 2013, 9:13 am

So you have an ecu already?

I have a manual au 6cyl ecu if your keen
Get Stroked!!
AU Stroked 5.6L Ghia.
EBOOST
Hitting N2O

Has Liked: 437 times
Been Liked: 93 times

Postby misk » November 17th, 2013, 10:58 am

All good got an au s3 ecu. I have to run the j3 chip so doesn't matter what I use as lomg as it matches my sensors
XG Panelvan

misk
Melting Pistons

Postby misk » November 23rd, 2013, 11:10 pm

so after killing the first AU ECU and J3 chip i tried for a few days to get the car running again and after all the head **** i just hadn't disabled smartshield in the tune lol. so the car would have been running tuesday if i'd had figured that out, but such is life!
at least now i have everything i need except some pins to do the XG haha.

sadly while the car was at my brothers factory it got covered in overspray by the knob that did some painting there, so i have to razor blade all the windows and cut and wax the entire car, plus re paint anything in the engine bay that i dont want to be a hazy white :banghead:

but at least the AU ECu conversion is done which means when i'm done freshening the DOHC engine up it can go straight in :)

tomorrow i'm working on cleaning up the wiring and finishing the ECU conversion 100% cause i need to get a roady done in the next 2 weeks or the rego will be suspended. so that means a new windscreen and have to finally get around to cutting out the sill.

i'm just looking forward to driving this again, didn't realise how nice it was to drive until i drove a VN series ute, makes the XH feel like a luxury car with 100kw more on tap haha.
i'll probably put my wideband and wade 1521a cam in this after the roady for a bit of fun between putting the dohc motor in so i can see what that cams like behind a manual :yahoo:
XG Panelvan

misk
Melting Pistons

Postby misk » November 25th, 2013, 8:59 pm

ok!
got everything sorted and finished after fucking up the engine loom 3 times haha. one time i had the injector power joined to the started motor trigger lol. so it would start then stop running straight away.

anyway, it runs great. the leaning out or retarded issue was just the tune. maybe the tune is meant to have the XR fuel reg, but i just made up a bastard tune and its running fine. idles much smoother and just feels like a nicer car to drive, so i'm very happy.

i'm organising the ELM unit to read the data of the ECU tomorrow, so that will be interesting.
also re-cut the entire car with a heavy compound on a wool pad and got rid of all the over spray and got the car looking nice again. unfortunately the bonnet is fucked cause it has a few creases in it, so ill have to organise another one.

also putting on the NOS tailgate and leaning towards the XR front again but i'm thinking of going the gun metal grey that i've got cause the whole car needs to be done. would look silly having a few panels looking mint.

i'll put up some pics and vids tomorrow.
XG Panelvan

misk
Melting Pistons

Postby Petrie » November 25th, 2013, 9:01 pm

after the overspray is cleaned off and you fix the rear numberplate after i saw it today should be mint! haha

Cheers mate.
"Ever wonder if the light goes out when you close the fridge door? Well, yes it does." - the milk

Automobiles
-Turbo EL XR6 Manual- 270rwkw
-Gramps' EF Fairmont Daily
Petrie
Cruising

Has Liked: 4 times

Postby misk » November 25th, 2013, 9:16 pm

hahah yeah was farm ute spec when you saw it. had to put all the dash back together etc.
need to get a car battery so i can close the bonnet. but it scrubs up alright after a cut and wax. the paint is what it is so just gotta do what i can to make it look nice.

your ef looks nice man, perfect mix of style. could use some rims but looks good as it is.

might have to come see you when i put the gas injection system i stole off a BA on, i need 3 more injectors cause i lost them
XG Panelvan

misk
Melting Pistons

Postby Petrie » November 25th, 2013, 9:29 pm

misk wrote:hahah yeah was farm ute spec when you saw it. had to put all the dash back together etc.
need to get a car battery so i can close the bonnet. but it scrubs up alright after a cut and wax. the paint is what it is so just gotta do what i can to make it look nice.

your ef looks nice man, perfect mix of style. could use some rims but looks good as it is.

might have to come see you when i put the gas injection system i stole off a BA on, i need 3 more injectors cause i lost them

ah well you get that haha, the Eleanor's set the ute off mate.

yeah come have a chat, depends on the system on the injectors haha.

ive got a set of bf gtp's but i like the ftr's for the stockish look. less looks when you have a power plate on your front window haha,
"Ever wonder if the light goes out when you close the fridge door? Well, yes it does." - the milk

Automobiles
Petrie
Cruising

Postby misk » November 25th, 2013, 10:14 pm

yeah i love these wheels. got them for $100 haha so theyre a lil rough. was thinking of painting them white or maybe silver.

anyon have any thoughts on a color for the wheels?

the system is some italian thing, autronic.
i've got heaps of info on the system like wirinbg diagrams n shit, plus the loom etc is all as it was in the car. its a sequential system so that was a reason i went with the AU ECu etc.
XG Panelvan

misk
Melting Pistons

Postby misk » November 25th, 2013, 10:14 pm

i get what yoiure saying bout the wheels on your car though lol. P platers get raped these days
XG Panelvan

misk
Melting Pistons

Postby Petrie » November 25th, 2013, 10:25 pm

misk wrote:yeah i love these wheels. got them for $100 haha so theyre a lil rough. was thinking of painting them white or maybe silver.

anyon have any thoughts on a color for the wheels?

the system is some italian thing, autronic.
i've got heaps of info on the system like wirinbg diagrams n shit, plus the loom etc is all as it was in the car. its a sequential system so that was a reason i went with the AU ECu etc.

i reckon vx ss (quicksilver) colour, its what im painting the ftr's

oh dear, never heard of it haha. could be interesting.

Automobiles
Petrie
Cruising

Next

Return to The Showroom