New guy on the block! Need tips! EF Fairmont Ghia!

Introduce yourself and your ride.

New guy on the block! Need tips! EF Fairmont Ghia!

Postby ELGhia_NUT » June 15th, 2014, 7:02 pm

How's it going guys? Been reading lots on this forum before i registered just getting some tips an solving my problems so i finally thought i should sign up an join Boosted!

So, My ride is a EF fairmont Ghia..Yes it's a old car. This is my first car! yes you're reading it correct this is the car i'm learning in! Yes i'm on my L's!

What it brings to the table of E series! This beast has: Extractors, cam, new brakes an pads, exhaust! Also a cracking manual install!
So nice to meet all you guys an see your builds, An slowly learn what i should be doing to this rig an learning what i shouldn't be doing...
Last edited by ELGhia_NUT on January 8th, 2015, 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EF Fairmont Ghia, Cam, Exhaust, extractors..Lowered on SSL front and rear.
ELGhia_NUT
Idling

Has Liked: 2 times
Been Liked: 0 time

Re: New guy on the block! Need tips! El Fairmont Ghia!

Postby Treay81 » June 15th, 2014, 7:24 pm : ELGhia_NUT Likes this post

Welcome buddy!. Nothing wrong with the EL Fairmont especially for a first car. I had one and loved mine. Smooth ride, still a good looking rig and plenty of power and torque.

Being your first car I wouldn't go berserk on it for a fair while, just keep it mild, fun, cheap and reliable. They make the best cars you can get especially while your studying or just entering the workforce.
Treay81
Cranking Over

Been Liked: 1 time

Postby ELGhia_NUT » June 16th, 2014, 9:17 pm

Treay81 wrote:Welcome buddy!. Nothing wrong with the EL Fairmont especially for a first car. I had one and loved mine. Smooth ride, still a good looking rig and plenty of power and torque.

Being your first car I wouldn't go berserk on it for a fair while, just keep it mild, fun, cheap and reliable. They make the best cars you can get especially while your studying or just entering the workforce.

Cheers mate! Yeah i am in the process of just seeing what needs to be replaced and also what needs to be done. I brought it for 1000bucks cheap as chips, Tickford body kit already on. Just need to get a nose cone an lights for it an she'll look nice!
ELGhia_NUT
Idling

Postby Shaunef » June 20th, 2014, 1:29 pm

Nice choice of car. I'm also 16 and on my learners, I own an ef xr6.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
Shaunef
Idling

Has Liked: 0 time

1995 Ford Falcon

Postby Commando » June 20th, 2014, 2:07 pm

$1k for an EL Ghia with all of those goodies is a steal. Damn, when I was looking at EL Ghias back in 2002 (ended up with an EB Ghia), they were around $20k!

Post up some pics :)

[ img]http://www.yourpicturelocation.etc/picturename.jpg[/img ] <-- how to show pics on here whether from FB, photobucket, imageshack, etc. and remove the spaces in [ img][/img ]
Previous: 1982 XE GL 3.3: 5 speed | 1991 EB Ghia 5.0: Vortech, Tiptronic, 4.11s, 232rwkw | 1995 EF GLi 4.0 wagon: LPG | 2006 BF Fairmont 4.0: JTG LiLPG
Now: 2016 Hilux SR HiRider
Commando

Has Liked: 110 times
Been Liked: 516 times

2006 Ford Fairmont

Postby ELGhia_NUT » June 20th, 2014, 10:20 pm

Commando wrote:$1k for an EL Ghia with all of those goodies is a steal. Damn, when I was looking at EL Ghias back in 2002 (ended up with an EB Ghia), they were around $20k!

Post up some pics :)

[ img]http://www.yourpicturelocation.etc/picturename.jpg[/img ] <-- how to show pics on here whether from FB, photobucket, imageshack, etc. and remove the spaces in [ img][/img ]

Sure is! Yeah trying to mate
ELGhia_NUT
Idling

Postby ELGhia_NUT » June 20th, 2014, 10:21 pm

Shaunef wrote:Nice choice of car. I'm also 16 and on my learners, I own an ef xr6.

Not bad! Nice to see Some people like the E series still...Good luck on building it or you just gonna leave it stock?
ELGhia_NUT
Idling

Postby Stig » July 26th, 2014, 10:37 pm

Gotta love the E series as a first car :)
I picked up my ED Fairmont, fairly clean 5 years ago for only $1500
"I'm going to go with my instinct on this one..."
Stig
Idling

Been Liked: 1 time

Postby Shaunef » August 4th, 2014, 5:56 pm

ELGhia_NUT wrote:
Shaunef wrote:Nice choice of car. I'm also 16 and on my learners, I own an ef xr6.

Not bad! Nice to see Some people like the E series still...Good luck on building it or you just gonna leave it stock?

Yeah, its going well so I'll keep it how it is till I get on my P's then I'll do some mild performance stuff, extractors cam ect. Its got a pretty beffy sound as it is so I'm happy :')
Shaunef
Idling

Has Liked: 0 time

1995 Ford Falcon

Return to Introduction