Starting issues with a ED 5lt windsor with vortech superchar

Support/Suggestions/Questions/Answers

Starting issues with a ED 5lt windsor with vortech superchar

Postby Busta80 » March 13th, 2015, 9:03 pm

Hi Guys,

I'm new to this forum so hi to all, I'm the proud owner of a sweet 94 ED Fairmont ghia V8, I recently built a cool 5lt supercharged Windsor for it, I'm running the vortech blower heads cam injection and so on. I decide to run it all with a new V550 wolf EMS, My dyno guy has had the car for some time now and it has tuned up well (410 RWHP) on last run with a tremec 5 speed. but I have a major issue on my hands I was hoping one of you ford gurus may be able to help a fellow ford man with, When the car is hot and hot only every now and the it just wont start, It will literally run and start fine 20-30 times in a row and then all of a sudden it will wind over for ages and then fire to life with a lot of pumping the gas, My dyno guy has just about tried everything with no luck the intermittent start problem still remains. PLEASE HELP.
Busta80
Cranking Over

Has Liked: 0 time
Been Liked: 0 time

Re: Starting issues with a ED 5lt windsor with vortech super

Postby mredxr8 » March 16th, 2015, 1:47 am

Remove the BCM from behind the dash (next to handbrake). Open it up and check the soldering on the 3 main relays.
Remove the old solder and then resolder. These things have a tendency to stop other functions from working
properly on the car as well. This has worked for me. :D
mredxr8
Cranking Over

Re: Starting issues with a ED 5lt windsor with vortech super

Postby Busta80 » March 16th, 2015, 8:15 pm

Thanks heaps I'll give it a try and let you know how it goes.
Busta80
Cranking Over

Return to Site Support