Ford improves fuel economy & safety on FG Falcon

Latest News

Ford improves fuel economy & safety on FG Falcon

Postby Malakai » June 18th, 2009, 7:42 am

Ford Australia recently announced a number of significant fuel economy and CO2 emissions improvements on key models in its local product line-up, along with the achievement of an ANCAP five-star safety rating for its E-Gas range of Falcon sedans.

From April 2009 production, a Falcon XT sedan with the optional ZF six-speed automatic transmission will have a fuel consumption rating of just 9.9 L/100km, which will see it rank as one of the fuel efficiency leaders in the Large car segment.

Accompanying the reduction in fuel economy is a reduction in CO2 tailpipe emissions – down to 236 g/km – to give the Falcon XT an improved green vehicle accreditation with a 5.5 star Greenhouse Rating (for vehicles producing less than 241 g/km of CO2 emissions).

These improvements have been engineered without any degradation in the vehicle's performance. "Since the new Falcon was introduced last year, we have continued our process of ongoing engineering development and refinement of the award-winning FG Falcon range," Ford Australia President and CEO Marin Burela said.

URL: http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/ContentS ... &c=DFYPage
FG G6E Turbo MkII - Nizpro Stage 3 - 364 rwkW - 11.63 sec @ 118 mp/h | I like the dark, I love the dark, but I hate nature. Image
Malakai
Double Clutching

Has Liked: 0 time
Been Liked: 32 times

Re: Ford improves fuel economy & safety on FG Falcon

Postby Troutman » July 21st, 2009, 1:06 pm

I was very impressed to read that they'd managed to achieve a sub-10L figure, though the Camry comparison is obsolete as of today since a mid-life update has reduced its consumption to 8.8L. I think the weakest links in Falcon's line-up today include the EA II transmission on the E-gas model and the absence of curtain airbags on most models, which is now becoming standard fare even on small cars like the Holden Cruze. Probably the best car in its class all the same though.
'98 Crown Victoria + '07 Caprice
Troutman
Cruising

Has Liked: 13 times
Been Liked: 46 times

2007 Holden Caprice

Return to News