The Ev-olution continues - more lol's within

Post pics of your rides here

Re: I'm back - I got one too!

Postby private9 » January 31st, 2011, 5:07 pm

nothin suss wrote:$1100 would probably be correct for a fitted price.
Theres a few hours stuffing about, gaskets, adapting to existing cats etc.

I'd be also curious to find out what a KAAZ costs for installation.

Sorry yeah, I was talking supply only - fitted that's about right.

ClassicAU wrote:Half an hour!! Can I at least stop for a spew half way?!? Haha, I assume it doesn't all have to be done at once right? I'll try and get it out over the course of the day.

All at once, enjoy :sick:
private9
Hitting N2O

Has Liked: 4 times
Been Liked: 185 times

Postby ClassicAU » January 31st, 2011, 5:21 pm

Yep, was a fitted price. Still seems high, even the exhaust bloke had to admit that!

The quote for the KAAZ is $2350 supplied and fitted, for everything minus crown wheel and pinion. I bloody well hope it doesn't go over that either, cos its a hell of a lot of money just for a diff! It better be bullet proof too!
3C Volkswagen Passat 130TDi Highline Special Model - Candy White, 17's, DSG, Bi-Xenon lights, Euro lux!

*laughs maniacally* “I can do burnouts every day for the rest of my life and I'd never get sick of it! They're always awesome!” - Mike Musto
ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Has Liked: 34 times
Been Liked: 109 times

Postby KR1STO » January 31st, 2011, 5:26 pm

Nice buy mate...!!

You bringin it to the mini meet tomorrow..?
Desire isn't driven by the heart, the mind or the wallet. Desire comes from another place. It's created by the smell of burnt fuel under full throttle and the look a car gives you when you're washing it alone at night...
KR1STO
Full Boost

Been Liked: 25 times

1999 Ford Fairlane

Postby Dansedgli » January 31st, 2011, 5:30 pm

**** thats a lot of coin for a diff.

When you sell the car sell me the KAAZ cheap first. :)
Dansedgli
Melting Pistons

Has Liked: 75 times
Been Liked: 542 times

2001 Ford Falcon Ute

Postby ClassicAU » January 31st, 2011, 5:49 pm

Hey Kris, thanks heaps mate! I'd love to, but she goes in for the KAAZ tomorrow afternoon. Next meet I'll try and make.

Ha, no chance Dan, this bastard comes with me to the grave! :fright:
3C Volkswagen Passat 130TDi Highline Special Model - Candy White, 17's, DSG, Bi-Xenon lights, Euro lux!

*laughs maniacally* “I can do burnouts every day for the rest of my life and I'd never get sick of it! They're always awesome!” - Mike Musto
ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby KR1STO » January 31st, 2011, 6:07 pm

Fair enough dude...
Catch ya at the next one..!
Desire isn't driven by the heart, the mind or the wallet. Desire comes from another place. It's created by the smell of burnt fuel under full throttle and the look a car gives you when you're washing it alone at night...
KR1STO
Full Boost

1999 Ford Fairlane

Postby SnyperEB » January 31st, 2011, 7:02 pm

[EBGLT]
SnyperEB
Shooting Flames

Has Liked: 138 times
Been Liked: 105 times

Postby ClassicAU » February 1st, 2011, 10:08 am

Thanks Shaun, but those will have to wait for a while. You could find me a decent clutch though, if you’re in the searching mood! :P

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby EBOOST » February 1st, 2011, 10:11 am

just get an xtreme h/d mate i can get u a price if u want.
about $550ish from memory but id have to ring up.
if u want a flywheel also thats about an extra $330.
cheers josh.
Get Stroked!!
AU Stroked 5.6L Ghia.
EBOOST
Hitting N2O

Has Liked: 437 times
Been Liked: 93 times

Postby ClassicAU » February 1st, 2011, 10:24 am

Cheers Josh, appreciate it mate. It might have to wait for a couple of weeks till next pay day though, I’ll let you know. Why would I need a new fly wheel also? I don’t remember ever having to change that when I have done clutches before?

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby EBOOST » February 1st, 2011, 10:30 am

nah u dont unless its machined to far (which i doubt) but i put a lighter one in my au and it made a small difference but not worth it in ur case to be honest just thought id say.
i did it more for the balance as 347's are 50oz in balance and 302 are 28oz so it had a mad vibration at higher rpm.
the xtreme flywheel was interchangeable from both weights so i got one and dam did it feel so much better to rev and and so on.
cheers josh.
Get Stroked!!
AU Stroked 5.6L Ghia.
EBOOST
Hitting N2O

Postby nothin suss » February 1st, 2011, 2:19 pm

Yeah flippin hell that is a fair whack of $$ for a diff centre. Scrap that idea.
No wouder you're taking it to your grave.
BF2 DLPG Wagon - daily duties
BF Fairlong Ghia - ED Sprint
nothin suss
Full Boost

Has Liked: 223 times
Been Liked: 90 times

Postby ClassicAU » February 1st, 2011, 2:34 pm

Tell me about it dude!! Worst thing is, this is only a couple of hundred more than what I was stung for my first 'new' diff!! That was only a BW too!! :banghead:

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby Trav199 » February 1st, 2011, 4:27 pm

haha i got a Kaaz centre going in with 3.7s this wknd.. be glad u dnt have a b sereies.. $3500...
BF xr6- 330rwhp non turbo.

PRODYNO
Trav199
Idling

Has Liked: 0 time
Been Liked: 3 times

Postby KR1STO » February 1st, 2011, 5:18 pm

EBOOST wrote:pull a rocker cover off first ive heard of a few 200kw versions having them already from the factory.
cheers josh.

Correct... Also, you were correct in a previous post, the 200kw cam is more aggressive than the 220kw..

Mine is a S3 XR8 200kw ute engine in the lane and that has 17's and the heads have been "massaged" by yella terra also...
There wasn't many made like that, info says it was around March - April 2002 that this was done...
Also, it seems that this was only in the utes, as the S3 sedans all had the 220kw engines..
KR1STO
Full Boost

1999 Ford Fairlane

Postby EBOOST » February 1st, 2011, 6:18 pm

yeah i heard something about only late utes got it.
good thing for u but means u must have the soft cam lol.
i dont think there is a big difference but ive seen a few 200kw's with same mods as my brothers pull over just over 200rwkw.
cheers josh.
Get Stroked!!
AU Stroked 5.6L Ghia.
EBOOST
Hitting N2O

Postby ClassicAU » February 2nd, 2011, 7:42 am

Thanks guys, good to know all that. Although I don’t think any of it helps me, as mine is an early 2000 model, and would have none of that. It’s a “hand built” motor as it has a builders tag on it (some Asian dude, cant remember exactly), but that would be about it. Definitely feels like it needs a massage though, in the ways of a tune at least. If I did rollers, would that also need to do valve springs and the like? I don’t really know anything about Windsors

Anyway, she’s at the diff joint now. Just waiting on the good, or bad, news to come back to me. The bloke didn’t seem to keen about changing ratios though, so hopefully I can get away with that at least.

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby EBOOST » February 2nd, 2011, 10:52 am

if u do rollers then u may aswell do springs as the valve springs are a known problem in these heads.
then u may aswell do a cam lol.
when u say it feels it needs work what do u mean?
cheers josh.
Get Stroked!!
AU Stroked 5.6L Ghia.
EBOOST
Hitting N2O

Postby ClassicAU » February 2nd, 2011, 1:13 pm

Haha, then I ‘may as well’ do bottom end, and ‘might as well’ chuck on a blower! :P

I dunno, it’s a bit hard to explain. It feels like it wants to go, but then chokes a bit. It reminds me of when I put the XR6 HP cam in my first AU. I’ll have to bring it round one day so you can see for yourself.

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby EBOOST » February 2nd, 2011, 1:59 pm

hmmm strange.
could be fuel filter or something simple.
yeah bring it over i wanna feel this kaaz.
cheers josh.
Get Stroked!!
AU Stroked 5.6L Ghia.
EBOOST
Hitting N2O

Postby 67rce » February 2nd, 2011, 8:32 pm

200kw Cam is bigger than 220 IIRC
Cammed Suzuki Baleno, Haltech PS1000, E85
67rce
Breaking Intake Welds

Has Liked: 170 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Postby EBOOST » February 2nd, 2011, 8:48 pm

thanks mate but we've come to that conclusion lol.
cheers josh.
Get Stroked!!
AU Stroked 5.6L Ghia.
EBOOST
Hitting N2O

Postby ClassicAU » February 3rd, 2011, 12:45 pm

Yeah, thanks man, I did do a bit of reading up on that myself anyway. Seems like I should be getting the 1.7s to complement this cam.

Well I just got the call from the diff place, my car will be KAAZ'd up and ready to pick up this afternoon!! :grin: I'll see if I can find a nice open space or empty carpark to do some slow figure-eight work tonight, to run it in a bit before the commute to work tomorrow. It is also staying 3.45 ratio too. According to the diff guy, my gears are "a little shiny, but should be fine", whatever that means. Anyways, I'm pretty stoked! Although I sure this feeling will fade once I check my bank balance tomorrow. :P

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby nstg8a » February 3rd, 2011, 12:47 pm

too much jibber jabber not enough pics... :drinks2:
nstg8a
Hitting N2O

Has Liked: 541 times
Been Liked: 208 times

1999 Ford Fairlane

Postby ClassicAU » February 3rd, 2011, 1:02 pm

Pics of what, the diff? :scratch: If you mean skid pics, they will come once is run in properly! :cool:

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Re: AUII XR8 manual - now with more KAAZ!

Postby ClassicAU » February 4th, 2011, 7:52 am

Well I got her back last night with KAAZ installed. Can't really say how good it is yet, as I need to run it in for the forst 1000kms. I managed to do half an hour of figure-eights last night, really not as fun as I thought it would be! The diff is noisy as hell at the moment, sounds like the whole arse end wants to come appart! Should calm down after run in though hopefully.

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby EBOOST » February 4th, 2011, 3:36 pm

ahhh dam noisy diff no good man.
swap ed turbo and my other ed? lol.
nah it should be good once all run in.
cheers josh.
Get Stroked!!
AU Stroked 5.6L Ghia.
EBOOST
Hitting N2O

Postby EF ECTIV » February 5th, 2011, 2:03 am

half an hour of figure 8s made me feel like shit... plus I had fuckwits then try to block off a carpark so I couldnt get out / csb
EF ECTIV
Coming Soon: Ford Strokers 363 Windsor, BorgWarner s400 sx3 76mm, 60mm Turbosmart gate, TH400 box, Kaaz diff

2013 G6E Turbo

Stock daily

Allfast Torque Converters 08 9249 3066
EF ECTIV
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 166 times
Been Liked: 67 times

Postby ClassicAU » February 8th, 2011, 11:01 am

Tell me about it mate, I felt like turd after as well! Didn’t help that it was so bloody humid! Had to do it with the a/c on the whole time, managed to dispatch almost a quarter of a tank of fuel! I hope the fact that it was wet didn’t negate the run-in. It sounded like it was working anyway. Its slowly getting quieter already, so far clocked up 350kms on it.
Haha, lets see how long it takes for me to get jack of this car hey Josh, could be onto a swap! :P Yeah, I am hanging for it to become fully oper-skid-tional!

Anyways, looks like a new clutch will be coming sooner than later now. They told me my current one is just on the edge of becoming shagged, so they couldn’t adjust the cable anymore. I’ll just have to wait until all this months bills are paid next week to see how much I can spend. Hoping to get away with it for under $1k fitted. I don’t want anything stupid, just something that will last.

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby EBOOST » February 8th, 2011, 3:38 pm

i could get u the clutch kit and do fitment cheap ;)
itd come in under $1000 thats for sure.
cheers josh.
Get Stroked!!
AU Stroked 5.6L Ghia.
EBOOST
Hitting N2O

Postby ClassicAU » February 8th, 2011, 3:54 pm

Shit Josh, I might just take you up on that one mate!! I’ll get back to you next week when I know how much I can spend. I would take it back to the diff place, but its over in Thommo, and they want it for at least a day. It’s a massive pita time wise.

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby 67rce » February 8th, 2011, 8:41 pm

Ev, get a clutch off bbqburner!!!
Cammed Suzuki Baleno, Haltech PS1000, E85
67rce
Breaking Intake Welds

Has Liked: 170 times
Been Liked: 100 times

Postby EBOOST » February 8th, 2011, 9:09 pm

yeah id need it for a 2 days as id need to get the flywheel machined.
if u want to organise a clutch then pm me and ill give u a quote to remove and fit it and get flywheel machined and crap.
cheers josh.
Get Stroked!!
AU Stroked 5.6L Ghia.
EBOOST
Hitting N2O

Re: Ev's AUII XR8 manual

Postby ClassicAU » March 5th, 2011, 9:34 am : EF ECTIV Likes this post

Update. Just got the car back from the diff joint after getting some more work done, and I have to say it feels like a bloody new car! In fact, I had a new car for a while, and this feels even better now!! Picked up a new clutch of bbqburner kind of by accident, thanks heaps mate! It’s a PBR XR8 clutch, but it feels awesome! Haven’t really given it a thrash yet, but so far it feels like it grips fine. Got that in along with a new spigot bearing and machined flywheel. Also changed the oil in the gearbox itself too, and according to the mechanic the old stuff came out clean. So all good there!
As for the KAAZ, got the run-in oil out and fresh oil in, and it feels WAAAY better already! It’s much quieter, and the chattering is now down to a minimum. There is still some driveline slap on sudden throttle applications, but apparently that’s just how the clutches work.
So overall, I’m loving this car even more now! Next thing on the cards is new suspension setup, then tyres and perhaps wheels too if something cheap enough comes up. I’m hoping to get that out of the way this month, as I am driving over to Adelaide with the girlfriend over the Easter break next month.
Then it’s on to powaah!! :twisted:

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby EFFalcon » March 5th, 2011, 9:38 am

i'm liking the way you're going about this one Ev.

solid driveline, decent suspension and tyres should make it a treat to drive.
1995 Falcon GLi | 1997 EL GT | 1995 Falcon Futura | 1983 Thunderbird Heritage | 2003 Fairmont Ghia
EFFalcon
Site Admin
Site Admin

Has Liked: 26 times
Been Liked: 765 times

1995 Ford Falcon

Postby ClassicAU » March 5th, 2011, 9:44 am

Thanks John, that's the plan. I told myself I would try and do this one properly this time, and get the base how I like it first before I go messing around with the motor. At this stage once I get there it looks like it will only be exhaust and a tune for now, then have a think about rebuilding/stroking the motor vs boost.

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby nstg8a » March 5th, 2011, 11:21 am

so do you think the kaaz was worth the money?

this is the way builds should go lol, strengthen everything and make it handle, before making it fast.
nstg8a
Hitting N2O

Has Liked: 541 times
Been Liked: 208 times

1999 Ford Fairlane

Postby EF ECTIV » March 5th, 2011, 3:03 pm

go to hear the kaaz has worked out well for you... sounds like the XR8 would be a heap of fun to drive....
EF ECTIV
Coming Soon: Ford Strokers 363 Windsor, BorgWarner s400 sx3 76mm, 60mm Turbosmart gate, TH400 box, Kaaz diff

2013 G6E Turbo

Stock daily

Allfast Torque Converters 08 9249 3066
EF ECTIV
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 166 times
Been Liked: 67 times

Postby ClassicAU » March 5th, 2011, 5:48 pm

Thanks heaps guys, I just wish I went this way with any of my other cars! Ah well, I'l just keep going with this one. I definately think the KAAZ is starting to come into its own now, I just need to learn how to handle it properly!! I can't wait to see how it goes with some proper suspension!

On a note more like me, I had my first fail with this thing today. I bought a set of those metal brake dust covers from Ford to try and keep the wheels a bit cleaner. Anyway, my lock nut key is stripped, so had to destroy the lock nuts to get the wheels off. Then found that the stupid covers dont fit over the Tickford premium brakes!! The calipers are too big! :banghead: However I did discover I need new disks at the front, as they are lipped and rough as. It never bloody ends!

ClassicAU
Hitting N2O

Postby BLKPHN » March 5th, 2011, 6:02 pm

ClassicAU wrote:On a note more like me, I had my first fail with this thing today. I bought a set of those metal brake dust covers from Ford to try and keep the wheels a bit cleaner. Anyway, my lock nut key is stripped, so had to destroy the lock nuts to get the wheels off. Then found that the stupid covers dont fit over the Tickford premium brakes!! The calipers are too big! :banghead: However I did discover I need new disks at the front, as they are lipped and rough as. It never bloody ends!

Oh Ev you make me laugh! life you you isn't easy. Are you sure you need new rotors? are they warped and shuddering? are they to thin under min thickness?
cause if they aren't why bother changing them? being lipped isn't such a huge problem it has just been pad slapped without machining the disc's no biggie.
Strive for perfection in everything we do. Take the best that exists and make it better.
When it does not exist, design it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough.

BLKPHN
Breaking Traction

Has Liked: 7 times
Been Liked: 33 times

PreviousNext

Return to The Showroom